Posts by Zekekie

I say it does not work anymore since planes are supposed to deal attack damage and receive defense damage with each tick. So pulling them back at certain times would not give any benefit anymore.

So does this mean that patrol ticks apply to not only ground units, but air units as well that are within the enemy patrol zone?

Hello.

I do not believe there is any cooldown duration when a player leaves an alliance. However, there is a cooldown duration when a player leaves a coalition in-game.

The cooldown period is 1 day before you can join a different coalition after being kicked.

&

The cooldown period is 3 days if you leave a coalition.

From my observation nowadays, the flower tactic maximizes both the efficiency value of your attack damage and creates multiple attack timers at a cost of worse damage allocation.

Back then, it was different because you get all three: (1) better efficiency value of attack 2) multiple attack timers 3) better damage allocation) years ago. I am not 100% certain, but with the recent updates, the flower tactic has been nerfed indirectly.

For example:

Let's say you have 10 inf units split into 5 x 2 and you're attacking a 10 enemy inf unit fully-stacked, only 1 out of the 5x2 will receive the full damage of the 10 enemy inf units back then.

Nowadays, it's different because both of the stack 5x2 inf units that you own will get damaged by the 10 enemy inf units due to the splash damage that was adjusted with the recent updates. What does this mean?

The 10 enemy inf units have a better hp% compared to the 5x2 split group of yours. To counter this, if you are using the flower tactic offensively, you must have 33% or more troops than your enemy. This will ensure a guaranteed win than a 50/50 chance.

Furthermore, defensive flower, for some reason do not suffer from this issue. It's okay not to have 33% more if you are using flowers defensively. Meaning, that you can fight someone equal to your number with the flower tactic defensively and come out victorious in that engagement.

The only explanation I can give for why this happens is because most of the time when you are on the offensive with the flower tactic, you will be in enemy territory -- meaning, that other variables will be affecting your damage like building/infrastructure hitpoints and hit rates. To compensate for that, you must have 33% or more troops than your enemy to guarantee a win during that engagement.

Wait, so if you have an armoured car in your army it counts as having an extra fort? How does that work?

Yes. From my observation, one armored car counts as a +1 level fort.

Most likely different damage dispersion values cause this effect. Variation with units is more effective when it comes to attack and defense efficiency than with no variety at all.

To me the extra units that you can buy that cost super exorbitant amounts of money for like an extra 1.2 defense doesn't really seem worth it. Is it because since they're different units they don't count towards the same damage efficiency?

Armored cars have a 2.4 defense value and 1.2 attack value. As long as you don't give your stationary armored cars any attack order, you will receive the defense value bonus. For me, it is worth the extra money for the additional mobile defense that the armored car gives. But... that's just me.

Is there any way that you can defend against two players attacking you in the early game?

The odds of winning 1 vs 2 or more in the early stages of the game are really slim. Your best bet is to find allies around your opponents and hope they join you and attack your enemies from behind. You can also use a defeat-in-detail strategy, but if your enemies are coordinated, there's pretty nothing you can do.

I also joined around day 3, so my provinces weren't set up properly, but I don't really see how I could've defended well against two players in general. Even if I try to build forts, they get damaged pretty easily, and they're expensive so I wouldn't have been able to cover my entire front even if I was playing from day one. And if I build forts on select provinces they can just ignore it I feel.

You do not have to cover your entire front with forts in the early stages of the game. You just have to be smart when it comes to fort placement. I usually place my forts in chokepoints and I put them in provinces where I do not have to travel too long so that I can send reinforcements quicker. Furthermore, armored cars count as an additional fort from my observation. So a level 1 fortress with 1 armored car in it will feel like a level 2 when someone attacks it.

This might help (kinda outdated a bit, but is still relevant):

https://docs.google.com/spread…L94-ZDG1NdPnCEic/pubhtml#

---

Generally, the safest play when you're splitting melee units/flower tactic, you wanna make sure that your total strength is 3-4x greater than your opponents.

For example:

If you are attacking 10 enemy inf units, you wanna hit it with 30 inf units. If you do this, your groupings/flower tactic will be more efficient/effecitive and in less danger of crumbling/dying faster. Also, you want a group of 3-5s+and not 1-2s anymore. From my observation, 1-2s die quicker compared to 3-5s+.

This is based on my observation.

1. If your infantry units have low morale, it's more vulnerable to dying quicker and RNG rolls become more unpredictable.

2. Infrastructures will absorb damage even if you are not fighting directly on top of the province. What does this mean? Well, if you are fighting on enemy territory, then you are more at a great disadvantage compared to your opponent who is fighting in his own territory.