[RP Community Training] 1865 Onwards Althistory Roleplay Round
For the sake of having a relatively casual roleplay round and as an opportunity to introduce new, or inexperienced players into the roleplaying community, I would like to introduce this roleplay round once more. Anyone is free to join regardless of experience, and no sample articles are necessary. All you need to do is tell me your in-game name and what country you request.
This RP concept was originally created by Elan Thompson, with help
by CowSaysRawr, Phil-Santoni, and LightningTurk.
- No Trolling.
- No Goldmark.
- No Landgrabbing and random invasions. We are here to roleplay, not kill each other off.
- Be Respectful.
- Follow the Landshuffle, as it is difficult and time consuming.
- As the Admin, I reserve the right to call into question any action that is considered to be against the spirit of the game.
- Post on the DE as often as possible, However let me know if you might not be able to post or if you miss a day.
- The game will not officially begin until landshuffle is completed, so you are not required to post until then, however i would like people to get to know each other, so post on the DE stating who you are.
- No Meatshielding for fleets. They will be destroyed if it is seen. Meatshielding is the attachment of infantry on top of naval units in order to protect them in battle.
- You are Not Required to have a discord for this Roleplay game. but it is there for those who are interested. https://discord.gg/HMadZut
- 1 day = 4 months, therefore 3 days = 1 year.
- It is good to have general knowledge of the 1860s and of anything that occurs between nations.
- If a nation becomes 3 provinces, other nations planning on taking over it can vassalize that nation.
- Vassalization: Economic and military control over that nation. you can gift it provinces if you would like.
- If you would like to understand what the process of Landswap means, and helpful tips on it, please refer to the following link written by our Alliance mate JackThe Ripper: Guide To Landswap in RP
- Railguns are NOT allowed.
- All Wars are to be declared at least 6 hours prior to any military contact. If this rule is broken, no allies are permitted to aid the attacker, thereby inhibiting his/her ability to wage said war.
All Conflicts are to be made public and declared through both the Newspaper and discord Before the 6 hour period can start. This can be made in the form of an ultimatum, or through a direct declaration. The title of the article on the newspaper must include X declares war on Y or some similar format
The War Goal must also be included in the article declaring war. If this is not done, both myself and the Moderators reserve the right to void your war, or inhibit allies from aiding the attacker.
A War Declaration must be at least 300 words. Declarations of war are significant events throughout the course of the round. While war is far from being forbidden, it has the potential to drastically alter the game and limit a players current ability to roleplay.
Unit Names and Restrictions
Note: Certain nations do not have the ability to produce certain units and can only buy them from other nations.
- Battleships are limited to 2 per harbor until further notice.
Infantry - Infantry
Armoured Cars - Cavalry and/or Mounted Infantry
Tanks - Heavy Armored Troops
Battleships - Steam Powered Warship
Light Cruiser- Frigate
Artillery - Artillery
Railguns- NOT ALLOWED
Frequently Asked Questions
What Buildings Can I Build?
-Anything, do what you want. Just dont build anything that is not allowed for your nation and for the time period. So aerodromes are a resounding NO.
Are there Unit Limits?
-None. Spam those Artillery Units! But if you CANT build it, you DONT build it. If I see it, It dies.
-Dont worry about Planes, Subs and Bombers. Dont build em lol
Aggressive Expansion Rules
The AE system is designed to maintain diplomatic order and control the rate of expansionist players.
Aggressive Expansion drops by 5 for all nations, every 5 days, and stops at 0 AE. If you are at war for more than 3 years (6 days), the AE cooldown is negated for you until peace.
+40 Aggressive Expansion IS THE LIMIT: anything above triggers a coalition war.
Coalition War: Nations Around you will forcibly cut you down to size, and must take an amount of provinces equal to zero your AE amounts.
+30 AE gained for revolting or declaring independence from your overlord.
+20 AE gained for joining someone's offensive war. Defensive wars do not have an AE penalty.
+20 AE gained for breaking peace period. Peace Periods must last at least 5 years.
+10 AE gained for declaring war on a country.
+5 AE gained for taking a province, for both sides of the war. (if you take someone's province, and he takes it back, you both gain 5 AE)
-20 AE for granting independence to a vassal state.
-Anything under 3 provinces is vassalized if it loses a war and is an active player.
-If a nation is inactive, it loses its provinces normally as per the AE rules.