artillery changes target when under fire

• Hi, I realised that when an artillary layes siege to a target, and another army , for example a cruiser begins to fire at it, it still remains on targeting the first given target instead of changing the target to the new threat. maybe this could be solved by changing the unit into agressive mode, but this brings other disadvantages with it, so that this is seldomly used. I would like to propose that the unit first of all tryes to stay alive before it tryes to stick on the order given. therefore it would be good to first return fire before it kills the given target. what do you think? greeting Gr0tten0lm PS: in the steam browser you don't see what you are typing in this textfield when usiing steam , xept you mark it with the mouse or crtl +a , please solve this fist ;) so my typing might be bad.

• default mode if you ordered your range units to attack an enemy it will continue to attack unless ordered otherwise. if you moved the range units into range without ordering it to attack it will auto attack and will return fire if attacked by range units that are in its range. however if you hit a range unit when it used its attack tick it doesn't matter if you were able to return fire as they could pull back before your attack tick deals damage. its a bit complicated due to the damage timer.

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the one that is most adaptable to change. -Charles Darwin