Two questions from a newbie - in regards to attacking enemies.

• Hey guys,

I've just started playing this game today - and managed to read any guide I could find about it - love it so far.

(I'm a bit of a try harder when it comes to strategy games.)

[Pre-log]

Anyways, I found out that your units while embarking on enemy shore have lowered damage for 4-5 turns by about 66%. (Which is logical and I understand - I guess.)

However I also read the damage calculation formulas and how dealing damage works, where essentially when it comes to infantry it's best to send in squads of 5 or less, as they do the most damage. (1.2 per infantry unit), where the in the sector of 5 - 15 it's (0.4 per any extra infantry unit) and beyond that 15 - 40 it's (0.4 per any extra infantry unit).

Therefore - here are my two question's.

[Questions]

1. Why would I ever use squads of infantry to attack someone else other than >5? What is the benefit of this, if the damage is less? Are my units less prone to dying when doing so?
    2. To put it in a pratical example - never mind economic, defense and everything else in the game. I've gotten Greenland in the screenshot below, how should I go about attacking Denmark (ai) to make it as optimal as possible?

[Visual Representation]

If I got any of the above wrong - please correct me. I'm here to learn.

If you have any guides worthy of reading - please send them my way, I'm here to learn.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my message, and even more so if you replied! :)

• Here is a doc showing the attack a given number of troops will do.

Attack/Defend damage values

It shows that one infantry will do 1.2 damage and 3 infantry will do 3.6 damage BUT 6 infantry will do 6.4 damage. As you group together infantry for the most part attack/defend damage will not go up linearly. As you get bigger and bigger stack the damage each additional troop does is lessened. Therefore attacking a group of 15 in 3 waves of 5 will have you win if morale is the same.

• As for attack Denmark optimally. You could wait till you get a light cruiser but I would probably just try and take it with blood. If that is your first game then you will have artillery that you can use to bombard the enemy while you fight.

• Here is a doc showing the attack a given number of troops will do.

Attack/Defend damage values

It shows that one infantry will do 1.2 damage and 3 infantry will do 3.6 damage BUT 6 infantry will do 6.4 damage. As you group together infantry for the most part attack/defend damage will not go up linearly. As you get bigger and bigger stack the damage each additional troop does is lessened. Therefore attacking a group of 15 in 3 waves of 5 will have you win if morale is the same.

So essentially I should always use stacks of 5 of infantry, as there is no benefit and only merit of using anything above that?

• There at least used to be an "overpower factor" that gave the larger army a bonus in close combat. I'm not really sure what happened to that, actually. It used to be all the talk back when I started playing, which was a good long time ago, and I think it has since been rendered ineffective somehow.

• As it seems to me, it is necessary to build more infantry, because this is how you can capture Denmark. Warships will also help deal with the offensive. But all that prevented me from joining an active game in college was my studies. It's good that there is a reliable resource ghostwriter master thesis for help that helps me get out of any difficult situation in a timely manner.