cruisers and forts

• Hi there,
    I'm a begginer and I need to know something about forts and cruisers. I'm about to be bombarded by 3 enemy cruisers. My troops are on an island in a level 4 fort, but I wonder if it actually protects troops from bombardments too.

And since we are on the subject I have another question: my enemy is attacking with a divison composed by 3 cruisers and 10 men. Among my units (the ones in the fort) there are 2 artilleries. My enemy ordered his division to get closer, but he doesn't know that they are going to be in my artillieries' range. My question is the following: which enemy unit will my artillieries get first? The cruisers or the infantry?

Thank you very much

• - Forts protect against bombardment too

- If 3 cruisers + 10 infantry are stacked together, then your artillery will just attack the whole stack. The damage will be split among the infantry and the cruisers.

- If they are not stacked together, the default firing mode is to attack the closest unit IF the cruisers are NOT firing at you. If the cruisers are firing at you, then your artillery will attack the cruisers instead.

- Artilleries has greater range than cruisers. If you control your units well, you can take advantage of the greater range that artilleries have to take out his cruisers + infantry without any unit loss

Edited to add: I just realized that you said that your troops are on an island. My last point may not apply if the island is extremely small.

Any sufficiently advanced tactic is indistinguishable from magic to the uninitiated.

Edited once, last by ScaredyCat ().