Espionage:

• Greetings all,

I've chosen to focus on espionage as my specialty, because there's a void. As such I have several operational plans I use every game. Some code named operations ie. Scribble, Nemo, and Sandblast deal with encryption, recruiting allies, and eradicating AI nations, respectively. But ive made assumptions I need to be sure are correct:

1) Is there any informational advantage to placing an intelligence spy in a capital versus any other province?

It feels like I collect the same quality of information from intelligence spies in the capital as any other province. Am I wrong?

2) Are coalition messages secure?

Recently, my spies intercepted a message with no sender listed. I couldn't tell if it was a coalition message, which I previously believed to be immune to interception by intelligence spies. Two operations (Rotten Egg and Katrina) use Private Messages we expect to be intercepted, as a means of creating disinformation. I use coalition messages for communications for battle plans because I don't think intelligence spies are capable of intercepting... Am I wrong?

I'm sure I'll have more questions about espionage operations that I'll post in this thread...

If you see me in a game and I send an invite to share maps - accept and I'll fill you in on what all of my various operations do.

Later