I don't get why each 1 Infantry unit represents only 1000 troops

• I simply do not get why,say,1 infantry unit represents 1000 soldiers instead of 10000. In my opinion,1 unit should represent 10000 soldiers.

Why,you ask? Well,its because,in 31p map,for example,you start out with 10 provinces. You get 10 units per province,or 10000 soldiers. 10x10000=100000. This does not make sense. Most countries at the time had much bigger armies than 100K. Lets take Germany for an example. It would be ridiculous to have Germany start out with 100k troops,when the number should be closer to One Million. Making each 1 unit represent 10000 troops remedies this. Why would major powers like Germany,France,Britain,Russia,etc,have only 100K troops? That does not make sense.

(I apologise if this belongs to the 'Missing Features' section,but this post is more about changing a feature,than adding a new one,so I thought it would be fine to post this in 'General Discussions'. Please move this if this belongs in 'Missing Features'.)

Im a pretty Mediocre player :|

• Well the count is just some small indication if ou lose a battleship you also lost a 1000 units a tank brigade also a 1000 units while in reality tank brigades would be smaller then infantry brigades etc. In the RP community we used to count differently depending on unit type and ones even suggested such a change to bytro. But as it's pure to have some sort of figure placed on it so I fear bytro wont find this important enough to change. You do however have a point if you look at army sizes (according to wikipedia)

German Army 1914: 3.800.000 soldiers
    French Army 1914: 4.000.000 Soldiers

Russian Army 1914: 6.000.000 Soldiers

etc.

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• Well the count is just some small indication if ou lose a battleship you also lost a 1000 units a tank brigade also a 1000 units while in reality tank brigades would be smaller then infantry brigades etc.

Well,I do think that different units should count differently. For example,1 Infantry unit or 1 Cavalry would represent 10000 troops,while mechanised troops should count as 1000 troops (Including the crew operating them and the soldiers protecting them).

Im a pretty Mediocre player :|