Any recommendation for YT tutorials?

• Hey, this is off topic so I guess im at the right place.

I just made my first tutorial for absolute beginners, the quality is shit, contenct is unstructured and a lot is missing. I just want to give new players basic info to start any game, so any feedback you have will be appriciated (especially on mistakes that new players make).

I wanna make more videos on specific topics like spies, stock market, war basics, buildings, units, sea battles and so on. If you have been around for a while, let me know if you think this kind of content is helpful.

Zolokin

• Honestly, this is a great idea. I know when I first started, I was browsing forum posts and YouTube videos to get the mechanics down and better understanding overall of the game. Good stuff.

Just remember a large part of the community are mobile users too, but I am sure they can figure out much from this video.

Very Respectfully,

Doc Ski

"The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease."

-Voltaire

Check out the Forums!

Join our Discord!

Join us on Reddit

Follow us on Facebook!

Follow us on X!

• Honestly, this is a great idea. I know when I first started, I was browsing forum posts and YouTube videos to get the mechanics down and better understanding overall of the game. Good stuff.

Just remember a large part of the community are mobile users too, but I am sure they can figure out much from this video.

Thanks! means a lot

I want to add the mobile screen on the side to explain the differences, but need to find a better editor than windows video editor :D

• Thanks! means a lot

I want to add the mobile screen on the side to explain the differences, but need to find a better editor than windows video editor :D

Try unregistered hypercam, heard it works great. ;)

Very Respectfully,

Doc Ski

"The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease."

-Voltaire

Check out the Forums!

Join our Discord!

Join us on Reddit

Follow us on Facebook!

Follow us on X!

• Very good, I would like to clarify portion about taking /losing a capital

Losing Capital: * morale drops 20% in all your provinces * max morale cap is reduced by 40% in all provinces

Conquering a Capital: * 10% morale increase to all of your provinces * receive half of the national money reserve * daily resource production

Great Tutorial!

index.php?eID=image&uid=11763503&mode=2

Embrace your true nature , enjoy games and have fun!

• Thanks for feedback! I put a correction in the description/captions, should probably start doublechecking myself :D

• what about teaching basics of market, spies and how to save money and resources from spies, and war tutorial (teaching exploits upto you but what I want is teaching how to choose enemies and how defend provinces/costs, how to use each unit. How to take down forts-with or without ranged units- damage caps, how to make strategies and their implementation etc.)

Decoding Daily European (newspaper).

And many more

Ehh.... I know it looks weird 😁.

• what about teaching basics of market, spies and how to save money and resources from spies, and war tutorial (teaching exploits upto you but what I want is teaching how to choose enemies and how defend provinces/costs, how to use each unit. How to take down forts-with or without ranged units- damage caps, how to make strategies and their implementation etc.)

Decoding Daily European (newspaper).

And many more

Ehh.... I know it looks weird 😁.

Thanks, just kinda did that now :D I made a tutorial on menu options/tools but i plan on expanding on specific topics as i go along. I'm also recording the game i play for these tutorials so i can get some shots of actual decision making, planning and troop organization. Im sure i made few mistakes in this one tho so feel free to bash it

• The videos are great and maybe tell the beginners how to trade on stock market and balance their resources would be great

Get going with strategy at first of the game, always be prepared, and win the game with an amount of skills and take the trophy up with your allies or yourself!:D:) It is just a game:!:

• Well done for beginners. For global popularity can give RoW or share to Ai(or with HC share Intel to some ppl do it). Next is how close you are to them and if they feel that are enemy to them by have to strong Military and to many lands it will drop(fear of you country). To make up can also embargo they top 5 most dreaded nation and of course 5k for 5k small trades. Have a share map with 5 most dreaded nation will also drop they popularity. If drops around 38-35% will get embargo for they AI(some can give embargo at 50% or even 40%). Have it under 20 to under 10 if are next to them will declare war on you(can also happen at 30% but most declare at 14%,if more 1 AI next you happen have 5 wars. finish will bring you next one declaring on and so on,best option if we're low kill AI next to you).On 1 500 4x speed map I test have at last 2 day over 20 AI declaring on me almost all around 14% global popularity. You can add this in next video if you want,

Good luck and have fun!

Enforcer(Angel of Death)b78//+

• The videos are great and maybe tell the beginners how to trade on stock market and balance their resources would be great

Thanks! I want to do that but im struggling with figuring out how to explain it well. It usually depends on individual circumstances and maps so for now im just shoving few tips in wherever I can.

I am also trying to record the game in the background tho to explain my thinking process. I mention everything I buy/sell and why I do/dont do it so hopefully that will be more helpful.

• Well done for beginners. For global popularity can give RoW or share to Ai(or with HC share Intel to some ppl do it). Next is how close you are to them and if they feel that are enemy to them by have to strong Military and to many lands it will drop(fear of you country). To make up can also embargo they top 5 most dreaded nation and of course 5k for 5k small trades. Have a share map with 5 most dreaded nation will also drop they popularity. If drops around 38-35% will get embargo for they AI(some can give embargo at 50% or even 40%). Have it under 20 to under 10 if are next to them will declare war on you(can also happen at 30% but most declare at 14%,if more 1 AI next you happen have 5 wars. finish will bring you next one declaring on and so on,best option if we're low kill AI next to you).On 1 500 4x speed map I test have at last 2 day over 20 AI declaring on me almost all around 14% global popularity. You can add this in next video if you want,

Good luck and have fun!

Wow thanks! Ive been playing so long that I often neglect popularity, I will make sure to include this once I make an episode about the AI. I gotta ask tho, is there element of randomness involved? Because in a lot of cases when I leave small AI within my boarders (mostly only Capital) they dont care when im at war with 5 countries orso (although I rarely pay attention to popularity)

• Try to make an episode on how to counter AI and players

some techniques (like stacking etc.)

also how to effeciently use more better weapons like planes, ships etc.

Maybe on how to use ranged weapons on a safe distance too!;)

Get going with strategy at first of the game, always be prepared, and win the game with an amount of skills and take the trophy up with your allies or yourself!:D:) It is just a game:!:

• Mistakes/things you missed in that video

• Province trade
    • Newspaper filter (mobile)
    • Espionage menu(mobile)
    • Classic province view on mobile
    • Confirmation pop up

> Province trade:-

Available at day 7 you said day 3 (I think)

> newspaper filter

We can filter newspaper article on the basis of their types/genre

(And ya missed this)

>Espionage menu

There are three ways (which I know) to access espionage menu

> Classic province view

> Gold use confirmation pop up:-

• Thanks a lot Raman02334 ! Missing things like these are kinda embarresing and editing takes way longer than I ever expected so thank you for helping me out.

Idk how I can add this in detail under YT description so ill make sure to post a link for this thread as well. I want to make a small video in near future to give some tips and look back at mistakes I made and correct them. Do you mind if I mention/show your feedback / name? (credit where credit is due)

BTW, shameless marketing: Just posted new video playthrough, its less "factual" so might not be as interesting but hope it helps

• Mate, u might want to have some fitted in subtitles or some louder speaking.

Also good work!;):P

• Just uploaded another tutorial on Land Units and their basic mechanics, hope it helps new players. Please let me know what you think!

Very through and thought out video. I like it alot! You went into great details and provided great references/sources. I was just wondering why you called Calvary and Infantry "Flesh units" but then added their own separate section in the video individually. Curious, was that for editing purposes or why? Interesting nonetheless

Very Respectfully,

Doc Ski

-Voltaire

Check out the Forums!

Join our Discord!

Join us on Reddit

Follow us on Facebook!

Follow us on X!