[S1914] Release Notes - 2021-11-09

• General:

• Upon clicking on the “Support” button in the main menu, players will from now on be redirected to Helpshift, instead of a blank support form. Helpshift utilizes a smart bot program that offers direct answers to the most frequently asked questions and will be especially useful for new players. In case players can’t resolve their issue directly, a direct support request can be issued, which will be answered by a support agent as quickly as possible.
    • Articles about trade embargoes have been removed from the Daily European to make sure that you do not miss any essential information in the newspaper.
    • Two new tick boxes have been added to your inbox. These boxes allow you to display or hide “Player messages” and/or “System messages” in your inbox.
    • Gold rounds and gold features are now marked with an icon and a tooltip when creating private game rounds.

Bug fix:

• Two advisor tasks were missing the proper reward which can be collected upon completion. This has been fixed.
    • A bug was fixed that caused an error message to be triggered when a coalition leader tried to kick or reassign leadership to another member of his coalition.
  • Articles about trade embargoes have been removed from the Daily European to make sure that you do not miss any essential information in the newspaper.

Maybe just to give my feedback.

I personally find trade embargo news in the DE to be quite useful. It is something I actively monitor. What I do is that I will filter the DE by "Myself", and if I see a neighbouring AI country trade embargoed me, this is a clear signal that this country may declare war on me in the near future. I will therefore have to reposition my troops.

To a lesser extent, it can sometimes also be useful to know if one of my enemies received new trade embargo.

Of course, with this change, I can still check for trade embargoes by other means, but it was nice previously where all the important pieces of information are in the newspaper.

Any sufficiently advanced tactic is indistinguishable from magic to the uninitiated.

• Arcorian

Closed the thread.