Declaring war???

• If I am at war and fighting Player A, and Player B sends some troops over into Player A's province to support his ally, my question is: if I attack the troops of Player B in Player A's province, has that declared war against the nation of Player B? I have not crossed any border.

• Attacking troops of another player no matter where they are will start a war. Try attacking a player at sea, for example. You will get a warning about going to war. Also, in a common situation, two different players are trying to attack a city. One player gets there first and occupies it. The second player is still attacking the city, and now he has started a war with the first player. You must be very careful in this situation. You will get the "perfidious act of war" headline in the newspaper. Think about it. If this happened in a real situation, there would be a war.:/ Also, think of it this way - if an ally is helping a player against you, he expects to go to war with you.

• Also, If the ally of the enemy is not at war they are not getting the morale nerf until you attack them. Once you attack them you suffer the morale nerf from being at war with 2 enemy which each of your enemies are only suffering from being at war with you - a single enemy.

At this point you have to consider the economics of morale to decide if expanding the war is worthwhile.