(Bug?) No morale boost after killing enemy stacks

• This is about the live version (not beta). I posted this in Discord, but I think it got lost and buried in off-topic discussion. So I want to post this potential bug again.

As i understand it, a stack will gain a small morale boost after killing enemy stacks. But it seems that this morale boost is gone? Here is an example: https://imgur.com/a/7NsPzbe (morale remains unchanged after killing enemy stack).

Is this a bug or an intended change?

This has implications for combat tactics (e.g., lemmings). So if its this an intended change, I would suggest that it be mentioned in the change log.

Any sufficiently advanced tactic is indistinguishable from magic to the uninitiated.

• South Paw

Approved the thread.
  • Another bug with morale is that organic units don't seem to lose morale when they take losses. For example, in this screenshot, the enemy stack started with 30+ infantry. But even when this stack is down to 4 infantry, its still at 100% morale.

Any sufficiently advanced tactic is indistinguishable from magic to the uninitiated.

• I had the same Problem every time in my current round.

The orale didn´t drop. Even after 18 Units died it remained the same. But thanks to the morale drop for guarding new provinces my troops are very easy to kill... Even my new Troops have low morale before they get to the frontlines, cause they have to cross low morale provinces. If this is intended it´s not thought to the end.

Attacking is really frustrating...

• you can keep province morale up through certain buildings and managing your resources well as far as the morale boost it could be that your last attack on said unit that defeated put your morale down and the boost is that is rose back up to what it was previously and about the morale staying the same when said stack of units attacks another said stack of units it kinda has a congo line effect all attack damage for that round will be done to the first in line if theres enough damage to kill one unit but some left over that damage will go to the next until that ronds damage is done so each unit in line has its own morale essentially thats would be the reason for the morale being the same

• you can keep province morale up through certain buildings and managing your resources well as far as the morale boost it could be that your last attack on said unit that defeated put your morale down and the boost is that is rose back up to what it was previously and about the morale staying the same when said stack of units attacks another said stack of units it kinda has a congo line effect all attack damage for that round will be done to the first in line if theres enough damage to kill one unit but some left over that damage will go to the next until that ronds damage is done so each unit in line has its own morale essentially thats would be the reason for the morale being the same

Sure, it could happen this way. But I´m right now at ~1000 kills and I´ve got not one morale boost after killing any Stack. Troops lost morale if they lost soft units. Even in battles were I have defeated a stack with one inf and lost nothing i haven´t gained morale.

-and about the morale staying the same when said stack of units attacks another said stack of units it kinda has a congo line effect all attack damage for that round will be done to the first in line if theres enough damage to kill one unit but some left over that damage will go to the next until that ronds damage is done so each unit in line has its own morale essentially thats would be the reason for the morale being the same-

But that makes no sense. If the dmg goes to the next unit, the next unit should loose morale (HP) if it takes not enough dmg to die.

Or am I wrong?

• My wild guess is that they let a trainee do the programming...

There are even Planes in "passive" fly mode. (They are flying, even if they are grounded).

If they are not refueling it´s nearly impossible to kill planes with ground troops. Even if they are grounded. Cause they count as flying...

• Late reply to the initial 2 posts: It is indeed no bug. Losing/gaining morale for inflicting/suffering casualties was removed in anticipation of the new mechanics, because this mechanic was too OP with other new mechanics. It was released to live by accident, therefore also not mentioned in the news. It will stay that way, so point in fixing it since new mechanics go to live soon anyway).

• Late reply to the initial 2 posts: It is indeed no bug. Losing/gaining morale for inflicting/suffering casualties was removed in anticipation of the new mechanics, because this mechanic was too OP with other new mechanics. It was released to live by accident, therefore also not mentioned in the news. It will stay that way, so point in fixing it since new mechanics go to live soon anyway).

Thank you for your answer.
    In that case I would recommend that Troops in low morale Provinces and at sea loose less morale.