is the AI OP or game algorithm broken?

• is the AI OP or game algorithm broken?

after bombarding and clearing the enemy force from the base.

i move in to occupy the empty base with lvl III garrison.

enemy force is also moving in, 12inf N direction and 7,5,12,1,1 inf from NE direction separately.

my force consist of 11arty+46inf, 2 armor veh, 1 Heavy tank, 15 inf, and 30 inf.

i move my "arty force" in (offensive mode) separately, and it starts bombarding the 12inf enemy,

i move in my 2 armor veh, 1 Heavy tank, 15 inf, 30 inf. separately to take the base,

before i left the game , my 2 armor is in contact with 7inf in garrison, (enemy got to the base first)

when i return to the game (20-30mins more or less??),

my arty force (11arty+46inf) is bombarding the consolidated enemy force of 20 inf in garrison,

and i LOST 2 armor veh , 1 heavy tank, 8inf (of 15inf), 25inf (of 30inf),

my remaining 8inf (of 15inf), and 25inf (of 30inf), is still attacking, separately.

what is this? why is this?

i directed my arty force to attack (not move in) the 20inf enemy, the enemy was killed faster,

is arty confused when enemy is consolidated?

also,

why is my 8inf (of 15inf), and 25inf (of 30inf), still attacking separately?? while the enemy is already consolidated.

was my 2 armor veh , 1 heavy tank did not consolidate?

• FMD

Approved the thread.
  • If solo units are in melee range during an enemy unit's combat tick or change movement order, they'll begin combat. You should consolidate your units prior to moving them into a combat zone. Even strong units will be destroyed quickly without infantry in the stack.