Building New Capitals

• Hi Everyone,

I am expanding in my current game and received a message about my morale being low the farther I get from my capital. Should I be building new capitals in the existing territory where the opponent capital was or should I pick my own territory based on my providences to build capitals? Should I be building new capitals or other buildings to increase morale? Thank you.

• You can only have 1 capital. If you have expanded much, best thing to do is placing the capital more central in your land.

Morale is important in this game, so trying to build fortress, harbour, factories and railroad, they give extra morale, so more resources also

• Hi Everyone,

I am expanding in my current game and received a message about my morale being low the farther I get from my capital. Should I be building new capitals in the existing territory where the opponent capital was or should I pick my own territory based on my providences to build capitals? Should I be building new capitals or other buildings to increase morale? Thank you.

Sounds like your still early in the game so you just need to make sure your resources are at 100%, maybe build some forts or other upgrades that raise morale and give your provinces time to rise in morale., Also, capturing capitals of enemies rates your province morale instantly.

Later in the game, when you have a large expansion penalty, it's a good idea to move your capital to a more central location. Hope this helps!

• As you expand, you have to balance out your resources to prevent shortages. Provinces you conquer will have low morale, so you won't have the full benefit of their resources until morale goes up. If you're facing a shortage because of expansion it will because newer provinces won't produce enough to offset the expansion...

There's also a military cost. You must leave a garrison in a newly conquered province until morale reaches 34%. That takes about 2-3 days if you only have one SEVERE shortage. The required garrison size to prevent a rebellion is available in the province view screen. As morale rises, you can siphon off the garrison for more expansion.

As you acquire new provinces the distance from the capital, measured in the time it takes to walk to the capital, determines how quickly morale improves. Railroads will help decrease the distance penalty.

Lastly, a centrally located capital is ideal for morale and defense reasons.

• i must say 2 points,

1. build capital at center

2. connect provinces far from capital by railway as applicable, give priority to the provinces where length is long, railway reduce the distance from capital, helps to improve moral...... others important factor like border with other player is not in your hand

• I think all ones already said the obvious.
    I will add that all builds add morale, excep airport and barrracks and workshop,. The cheapest is the Fort, in level 5 give as 25%of Moral. Also some units as tanks give ponits of morale in a province, and the morale of aprovince increase if the neightbor has better morale than his own.

The best way is maintein the resources positive, build forts, factories and rails.