Flower Tactics

• FMD

Approved the thread.
  • The mechanics have changed. Splitting stacks no longer increases defensive damage or damage reduction. For defense there is no difference between a single stack and multiple stacks within 5km of each other. One exception is that, while the total HP taken and given in a particular round doesn't change, splitting stacks will affect when units are lost. Thus, the results of the battle will be slightly different. As an example, imagine you have 4 infantry defending at 50% health (hp:40/80), then it's defensive damage potential would be:

4 * 5 *( 0.05 + 0.95 * 40 / 80 ) = 10.5

Since each unit here has 10 HP let's say the attacker does exactly 10 HP of damage.

If all 4 infantry are in the same stack you lose 1 so the damage potential for the next round would be:

3 * 5 *( 0.05 + 0.95 * 30 / 60 ) = 7.875

If instead you had 2 stacks with 2 infantry in each you wouldn't lose any infantry in that round so the defensive damage potential in the next round would be:

4 * 5 *( 0.05 + 0.95 * 30 / 80 ) = 8.125

As you can see, in this round of this particular example, the two stacks of two infantry would do a bit more defensive damage.

It's conceivable that a single stack could have an advantage if it has, say, between around 30-50 units. In such a case, losing units faster could have a positive effect of raising the average HP so that the 20 full damage units do more damage. One would have to do some calculations to compare with multiple stacks or run some simulations in the battle calculator.

• I‘d like to ask ,4 * 5 *( 0.05 + 0.95 * 40 / 80 ) = 10.5 What does this formula mean?

"

• Unit health value and its effect on damage was reworked. The following represents changes in numbers:
      • 100% health: 100% value
      • 0% health: 20% value

"

4 troops, defensive damage is 5, considering 50% HP = 60% damage so I understand defensive damage potential would be:

4 * 5 * 0.6 = 12

• Understood the calculations somewhat, but in general, if I had an army of 10 heavy tanks (A1), with HP 2600 total, and a damage of 45 each, so 450 total. And I don't think there is a debuff for army size here, but let's just say there is, and reduce the damage down to 300. Then if it goes against 10 armies of 1 heavy tank each, (B1, B2, ....) Then army, with 260 HP, gets demolished right, because they only deal 45 damage to the main army, but A1 deals 300 damage, instantly destroying the B armies, right?

I've seen this as for example, when attacking Scotland, I had an army of 78, with an HP of 1029.6, and it went against an army of 10, with an HP of 132. My army only lost 2 troops, with the 76 remaining troops sitting at an HP of 993.5 (An HP loss of 36.1), whereas the other army lost 7 troops, sitting at an HP of 31.3 (HP loss of 100.7), so it would be better to attack with larger armies right, because with my larger army, I am losing alot less troops and HP?

• Then army, with 260 HP, gets demolished right, because they only deal 45 damage to the main army, but A1 deals 300 damage, instantly destroying the B armies, right?

First, an attacker can't attack 10 stacks, per se, at the same time. They can target one stack and then any defensive stacks within 5km of the target will share the incoming damage and contribute to the defensive damage. In your example, assuming there are 9 defenders within 5km of target, all 10 stacks would receive 300/10=30 dmg the first round.

so it would be better to attack with larger armies right, because with my larger army, I am losing alot less troops and HP?

For attacking, yes, you want to attack with full damage stacks. For defending it doesn't matter except for what was explained above for how units may be lost in different sized stacks.

• First, an attacker can't attack 10 stacks, per se, at the same time. They can target one stack and then any defensive stacks within 5km of the target will share the incoming damage and contribute to the defensive damage. In your example, assuming there are 9 defenders within 5km of target, all 10 stacks would receive 300/10=30 dmg the first round.

For attacking, yes, you want to attack with full damage stacks. For defending it doesn't matter except for what was explained above for how units may be lost in different sized stacks.

Ohh, that makes alot of sense. So damage will be higher for you, since the damage can be split at the same time, didn't account for that.

• First, an attacker can't attack 10 stacks, per se, at the same time. They can target one stack and then any defensive stacks within 5km of the target will share the incoming damage and contribute to the defensive damage. In your example, assuming there are 9 defenders within 5km of target, all 10 stacks would receive 300/10=30 dmg the first round.

I had an army that got obliterated while attacking, since each attack is treated differently in a flower, so how would flowers work?? The damage isn't split because each attack of each stack is treated differently, and the defensive damage is applied to each stack.

• so how would flowers work??

They don't really work except for niche situations as explained above. It used to be an advantage to split your defensive units into multiple stacks, but with the change in mechanics that is not really the case anymore. It was never an advantage to split your attacking units into small stacks. On attack you always want to make each hit do as much damage as possible.