with today’s update we are happy to announce the global launch of the S1914 Android app! Starting today with selected European countries we will release the app globally over the course of this week. Head to the Google Play store and pre-register now to be notified when the app arrives in your local store. For our loyal iOS generals: Fear not! The iOS version is on the way as well and will be released soon.
In addition, we have been working on further map improvements (including unit positioning/selection and performance optimizations) and a large number of bug fixes. You can find a comprehensive overview in the change log below.
What is more, we improved the way social play works in Supremacy 1914 by tweaking the alliance, coalition and team game feature set:
- We brought back the coalition chat which had not yet made the transition to the new game version.
- We brought back the option for alliance leaders to message all alliance members at once.
- We enabled shared team chat and diplomatic team conversation in team games.
- We enabled shared team victory rewards and achievements in team games.
- Anti betrayal measures: Players of a team or a coalition can no longer change their relation to members of other teams or coalitions to anything better than peace (e.g. shared map is not possible).
- Team players who become inactive no longer fall back to Right of Way but stay at Shared map at all times.
- We removed the team balancer when joining games: Players can now choose their team freely and don’t need to even out teams in the selection process.
- In team games, solo victory points and solo rewards are no longer displayed in the Newspaper.
You can find the list of all changes below. We hope you like it and look forward to your feedback on the forum.
Your Bytro team
COMPLETE LIST OF CHANGES:
- global release of S1914 Mobile for Android starting today
- implemented coalition chat
- implemented option for alliance leaders to message all alliance members at once
- Players now drop out of games within 10 minutes instead of 60 minutes when not choosing a country, to prevent blocking game starts for too long.
- major improvements for unit positioning and selection on the new map
- added the “country relations” map view to the S1914 in-game settings on mobile.
- changed the way in-game font is being rendered to improve map performance & looks.
- province names can now be shown again for all provinces
Team / Coalition Games:
- see the list above
Other Bug Fixes:
- S1914 mobile: fixed a bug that led to error messages being shown to non-beta users
- S1914 mobile: added highlighting to selected entries in the province list
- fixed an error that led to uploaded user images (leader picture, flags) ‘spilling over’ to other game rounds
- fixed the incorrect display of timers in the "construction speedup" tooltip in speed rounds
- fixed an error that made it hard for players to join a game after opening it in guest mode beforehand
- fixed a large number of small display bugs throughout the game