Is there an option to play vs AI only that can be paused?

• I recently found this game and fell in love with the mechanics. There's just one problem, as I found out after only a few days - the fact that it never turns off! I go to bed because human beings need sleep, or to attend to things that keep me away from a computer or a phone, and when I wake up in the morning, other players have taken sordid advantage of me!

I would spend a lot more time with it if there were a vs. AI option with the ability to pause! Yes, I know, I wouldn't be getting official scores or goldmarks for winning, but it would still be fun.

Is there a way to go about this?

• FMD

Approved the thread.
  • Dear Commander,

Thank you so much for your enthusiasm for game, Supremacy.

I thrilled to hear that you've fallen in love with the mechanics!

I understand your concern about the game being always active, without the ability to pause. At the moment, Supremacy is designed to be an online, real-time experience, which means it doesn't feature a pause function. However, please rest assured that our development team is constantly working to improve the gameplay experience for players.

One feature we're currently exploring is the possibility of implementing a "night mode," where attacking troops would receive penalties during established nighttime hours. While this wouldn't address the ability to pause the game, it would aim to create a fairer environment for players who are unable to be online 24/7.

Obviously this feature is what we in the players community are discussing and finally formalizing this request to our creative designers at bytro

I truly appreciate your feedback and suggestions, as they help us to better understand the needs and desires of our player community. While we don't currently have an option for vs. AI with pausing capabilities, we're always looking for ways to enhance the game and provide a more enjoyable experience for everyone.

Thank you for being a part of the Supremacy community, and i hope you continue to enjoy the game despite its current limitations. If you have any further questions or ideas, please don't hesitate to reach out to.

^^

Warm regards,

Cristiano M.

[Fan of Supremacy 1914]

• Far as I know there is no such option, but there are a couple ways for you to accomplish playing AI only

#1 create a personal map that is pass code protected and starts upon your entry, do not give pass code to anyone and you are guaranteed to only fight AI Bots for duration of map.

#2 Join the Dominion or Mesopotamia map scenario, and usually these maps all players go inactive and you are left fighting AI Bots

There might be some other ways to accomplish your desire to fight AI Bots , good luck

index.php?eID=image&uid=11763503&mode=2

Embrace your true nature , enjoy games and have fun!

• Please for the love of God do not do the night time mode penalty lol.

Being very active, is one of the few things that players can do to gain strength when facing against excessive gmers.

Also, how would you even determine night time. Nighttime for whom? If its a mode that the nighttime hours is established for the map, how can that even be done fairly. We all play from different countries and time zones. Even so, my nighttime differs greatly from others.

Nighttime is the one times I can play and my maintime to play as I have kids. My hours are all over for sleep and playing. My boyfriend works on 3rd shift over the weekend and yet I get my kids on the bus as 6 am. My sleep schedule is hectic as I am having to be there for my kids who are on one schedule and my man who is on another. That being said let's of ppl work all diff shifts. Their night is their work day.

If you're talking about just a mode that the player determines the times of or gets so much time to utilize a game day that could be easily used by players for other purposes.

They could engage the mode strategically as a tool when attacking others or when they are about to be attacked.

This is a game of strategy. Most of being strategic requires the player to plan and prep ahead. Active players are playing constantly and utilizing there time to ensure success in the game and to be aware of potential threats. You wouldn't give 2 employees the same pay (due to fairness) when one employee works more hours than the other bc he prioritizes devoting his extra/free time to working a few more hours a week.

A player should plan ahead. They can make relationships , turn on notifications, build fortresses, or secure their border by placing units and troops strategically allowing them time to sleep or take breaks from the game.

In real war, the enemy can attack at any time and if anything, attacking while the enemy is sleeping would be of great advantage. They would be rewarded with success, not penalized.

One of my strengths is that I am unpredictable. I play all different hours as my schedule changes constantly.

Also how would this "nighttime mode" be implemented into the speed rounds?

I would suggest that players who can't be active stick to slower games like the 1x.

We all have personal lives outside the game. We have families, jobs, and other responsibilities.

Implementing a night time mode with a penalty, if anything, would make the game unfair for many players. The players who are very active by choice, sacrifice sleep, and personal time, shouldn't be penalized for putting in more of their time into.the game than others. Also, it would be unfair for those of js that have irregular schedules, swing shift jobs, or are from a timezone that is less common among the majority of Supremacy 1914 players.

If Player A is up and active while another Player B is inactive, working, or sleeping it is then likely that Player B will have active time while the player, Player A, has their inactive time.

On top of all this, alot of this game involves playing attention to everything, every movement, every detail, as well as analyzing the map and other players. I personally have figured out an enemies usual sleep hours and inactive time and used this to help my game play esp if being teamed up on or facing a large spender.

Any player could easily add their teammate to discord and have them ring them or tag them if they are about to be attacked. Many do this already.