Wounded troops/Prisoners

• I'll give you a brief summary of what i've imagined and then some reasoning after.

After a battle, the winner places his wounded troops in available hospital space, and enemy troops in prisoner camps. These two parties can then release prisoners in exchange for cease-fire or peace deal!

I don't think it will require much effort, one problem is how to tell which troops become wounded and which die, but i would love to see large and long wars ending in stalemate so that the released prisoner troops can be put on new fronts, maybe with the former enemies ("oh shit, we both have 500 prisoners? you know..."). It kinda allows players to win losing wars and troops become less of a number (maybe the last is a bad thing considering the aesthetic:/)
    :thumbup::thumbdown::?::!:

• with wounded troops it can be complicated as wound is broad. a person can recover in a few days to never be able to return to action. what determines how long they are out of action, how do you figure out the system to calculate besides being random. in a way there isn't no need for this kind of feature as morale acts like the number of troops are in the group. 1 unit = 1000 troops and 100% would represent this. but no one really cares for the numbers as its a bit unrealistic to a point.

POWs this is also broad. there are some POWs that are wounded, it would mean more resources to be used to maintain them, and a big problem to consider are escaped POWs... Some POWs even to to sabotage activity in and outside of the camp. Some were forced into labor.

It would be interesting but they are really complicated to implement. however i could see hospitals to help increase morale of units faster. These were suggested in the past in the old forums and these were some of the reasons why these features wouldn't work out.

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the one that is most adaptable to change. -Charles Darwin

• I'm sure it could be a static number, like 5%, and perhaps a medic unit which moves really slow and looks like a tent with the + symbol that increases said number.
    ------- (Second edit: maybe this tent can reduce morale loss in provinces when you just capture them and you're freshly assembled army has to live in a gritty 25% morale province)-------

Secondly I think if the buildings themselves have upkeep and the wounded/prisoners wouldn't be a unit, just a number without morale, it wouldn't be a big hassle.
    (Edit: i dont mean to say ur job is easy or im ungrataeful im havaing a really good time with the game)

What I'm imagining is that hospitals are a late game building, from day 10 or 12 which seems fair; That way it's still not an option to declare early and nuke someone without consequence and it gets a little more historical value (:

;(:sleeping::|

Edited 2 times, last by Lordcmd: Additional informatin ().

• do something about upkeep of prisoners as someone has to pay for it ( units on the map cost upkeep) and you will find out it would be better option to kill all prissoners

Maybe if the hospitals works like the barracks, and recruits units over time with upkeep based on level.
    This way the Wounded would be part of the Stockpile.
    Prisoner camps however would have to store the enemy wounded, so that they can be recaptured. Maybe prisoners can eat fish since its not that useful late game?

• Ye, allow wounded units to regenerate at hospital. E.g. a unit has 25% chance to be wounded instead of killed in an attack. If the wounded unit is not put in a hospital within 4 hours, it will die.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails. [...] (1 Corinthians 13)

• well i'm not a dev i'm just a volunteer moderator.

I'm sure it could be a static number, like 5%, and perhaps a medic unit which moves really slow and looks like a tent with the + symbol that increases said number.
    ------- (Second edit: maybe this tent can reduce morale loss in provinces when you just capture them and you're freshly assembled army has to live in a gritty 25% morale province)-------

Secondly I think if the buildings themselves have upkeep and the wounded/prisoners wouldn't be a unit, just a number without morale, it wouldn't be a big hassle.

yeah but realistically if it was a unit then you might have the problem of "killing wounded/prisoner units". this isn't want the game wants to focus on. remember that buildings get damaged when a battle takes place in a prov. so camps/hospitals will be damaged to. (you might say script it so they don't get damaged but in battles things happen). it would be a nice fun little feature to have the little details. its just not needed.

Also another problem would be allies become enemies. the number of wars separating pows by each country. along with what happens when a country is gone... what happens to the pows. this suggested feature is complicated.

having a hospital building isn't far fetch for help increase morale, prison camps is just complicated, if it is a possibility the devs like the idea they would have it as a building but what would it do? decrease enemy morale faster in said prov? and those that have the building would it have a chance of "escape pows? revealing army locations, damaging morale,resources, buildings...

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the one that is most adaptable to change. -Charles Darwin

• Ye, allow wounded units to regenerate at hospital. E.g. a unit has 25% chance to be wounded instead of killed in an attack. If the wounded unit is not put in a hospital within 4 hours, it will die.

you wont get to far away from battlefield so everyone would be dead unless you build hospital in a town of fight

• What I am ultimately suggesting is that 5%(arbitrary number) of infantry that died in a battle have a chance to be slotted in one of the buildings.
    The hospital would slowly recruit the wounded...

edit/:: no so maybe the wounded are just a dying unit haha, that will die soon unless you move them to a city with good morale or hospital haha so brutal /eidt/

.., but i like what you barely mentioned Edwylm/EN Moderator that spies could retrieve PoWs. I see now that storing all the individual nations units would get complicated, and it would almost require a way of moving PoWs, so making them a unit is sensibly a better idea.

• I am guessign bytro servers are already overloaded with untis we have

my 500 maps are crawling

you will have to use existing units with maybe some king of flag on them that now lets say german infantry belongs to france and could be directed here and there. same with upkeep- goes to you.