Thread on Aircraft?

• I just got my first fighter and have no idea if im going to get it killed on its first sortie..

Is there a comprehensive thread on balloons, fighters and bombers?

The explanations i have found really are bad.

How does patrol work?

Do you need to just partol above your city? your own regions? How far out can a plane patrol?

Does it spot everything in its view radius?

what is the radius can it see?

Does it run out of fuel or just return?

If there is an existing thread please someone point me in the right direction....

• Is there a comprehensive thread on balloons, fighters and bombers?

There used to be a comprehensive guide in the old forum with regards with the air unit mechanics. In the new forum (this one), I don't believe there's one yet.

How does patrol work?

You set up a patrol (blue circle). Any enemy air units attacking anything and taking off/landing within the radius of that blue circle will be damaged by your air units. Enemy air units just passing through won't take damage. Furthermore, if you are hovering above a city, you'll reveal any enemy units stationed there.

Do you need to just partol above your city? your own regions? How far out can a plane patrol?

You can patrol anywhere. The maximum patrol range would be like the maximum flight range, but can bypass it a tad bit further.

Does it spot everything in its view radius?

Patrol spots only where you are patrolling, but if your air units will fly over multiple cities/targets before they reach your patrol zone, those cities/targets that you pass over will have their contents revealed.

what is the radius can it see?

Anything within the initial patrol zone and the invisible patrol zone that your air unit carries while flying over cities.

Does it run out of fuel or just return?

Unlimited fuel. They only return to fuel when you tell them to stop patrolling or attacking an area/unit.

• Tip: Choose wisely where to send the planes, if you send them to a target and you want to change it afterwards, even if it's in their way or near by, they will turn around, go to the base and start again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HA8kSdsf_M

Soldiers! don't give yourselves to brutes

men who despise you, enslave you

who regiment your lives, tell you what to do

what to think and what to feel!

Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle,

use you as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men

machine men with machine minds and machine hearts!

• #Kezikarp Grembeurgo, thanks for that comprehensive reply. I was really worried about fuel issues. Looks like my planes are powered by upsadasium ;), so i guess no worries. Ive tried my aircraft out and i gotta say i am very pleased by thier ability to scout. A bit worried about using bombers unless i have a massive fleet of them.

#nemuritor98, heh good tip. i suppose that makes some sense. Not only do you need to move the aircraft but all the support organization that goes with it that was based at the first airfield. I guess i sorta see the planes as being an abstract. The plane icon itself only represents the sortie target. Planes are constantly leaving the airfield back and forth, you just dont see it. So when you "move" your base of operations to a new airfield it requires you to shift all the support organization and aircraft.

• I would value fighters over bombers even though the bombers get more damage and range.

The reason why I love fighters more than bombers is because their anti-air damage and speed are insane. To be honest, I think fighters are the most overpowered unit in the game, but that's if players don't use split tactic against air units.

Fighters' strengths aren't limited only in the air, they can also be utilize as long range artillery on land, which is amazing imo.