Soldiers vs Planes on ground

• Note: Air units need an airfield to take-off. They use air damage values when airborne or when stationed in a province with an airfield. Ground damage values (Fighter: 10%, Bomber: 7%) are used when on ground without air base. Balloons mobility is limited to the routes to which all ground troops are bound.

I feel that if your army is able to catch a group of planes sleeping on the ground (with airfield), then the planes should not get their air values but rather their ground values. Planes can move large distances quickly. A smart player would move them away from the front whilst offline. If their planes get caught sleeping by a slow marching army, they deserve to fight on ground values.

I used 100 men to attack a base with two armies of about 20 men each plus two groups of planes, the larger of which had three bombers and two fighters. Within the first attack my army of 100 men reduced to 60. I was surprised and checked the manual to find the above was not as I expected it to be.

• Correct well theoretically people would know the airfield is being surrounded okay th euser is not around to give the command but realistically the second your army comes in sight the planes would take off right? I think you're already lucky not to be bombarded all the way to the airfield. So tbh I don't think this needs to change, I do however think air superiority is a bit to OP

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• I would quickly sacrifice 100 FREE inf to take out 40 opponents inf and 5 planes, seems like fair exchange...

What is very common and really hurts you is when you are attacking planes moving on the road in convoys, and the ground defense of planes takes out your planes in the air...

index.php?eID=image&uid=11763503&mode=2

Embrace your true nature , enjoy games and have fun!

• What hastings said is the real problem, it's a bit annoying that planes on the ground inside a fort fight like they are tanks against invading armies but as he stated if there's an airfield in reality they would be flying and doing much more damage with many attacks per hour given the short range/flight times so it's a trade off that doesn't really change much.

It's far more painful when your bombers are shot down by fighters effectively in crates being shipped by truck or train across country. There is no airfield and as such they are not being flown and giving them the full 4 air attack value is both counter intuitive and a little unbalancing. In effect it means fighters can NEVER be caught on the ground even if there is not an airbase within 2 days march.