A few quick questions about the Fortress upgrade

• I had a couple of questions for the more experienced players, and I figured an open discussion on the forum was my best bet at an accurate answer.

1 - When upgrading a Fortress to level 2 from 1, does the "hidden" mechanic of the upgrade start at the 12 hour mark, or does it need to be fully upgraded before it "hides" friendly units from view. I ask this because, upon reaching the 12 hour construction mark (3 out of 4 hitpoints), the Fortress is visually upgraded on the map - which would lead to me assuming that it does in fact enable the "hidden" feature.

2 - Does a Fortress upgrade in a providence that doesn't hold any allied units, but does hold other upgrades (say, a Harbor and a Railway), still provide a damage-reduction defense bonus against bombardment, or does a Fortress strictly reduce allied unit damage received? For example, will a fully upgraded providence be razed quicker without a level 5 Fortress than with a Fortress, relatively speaking - if no troops are stationed within that providence? In other words: is a Fortress bonus all-inclusive?

If these specific questions were answered elsewhere, I apologize for the waste of time - I generally know most of the nuances of the game and realized there is just a few, more specific questions I haven't seen answered anywhere. Thanks!

• The Game manual under the Economy section talks about buildings and under forts says - level 2 and above: hides units from enemy vision, actually it is lvl 1.5 fort which hides units > (a damaged or 1/2 completed lvl 2 fort)

All buildings have hit points but only forts deflect damage from attackers... yes, this deflection applies to both units and buildings within the province, however as attack is occurring and damage is being deflected the Fort will be damaged and deflection is reduced in proportion to the damage

index.php?eID=image&uid=11763503&mode=2

Embrace your true nature , enjoy games and have fun!

• i think it is halfway to lvl 2

The Game manual under the Economy section talks about buildings and under forts says - level 2 and above: hides units from enemy vision, actually it is lvl 1.5 fort which hides units > (a damaged or 1/2 completed lvl 2 fort)

Correct

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.