Naval Forces

• I've been playing for a little over a month, and got pummeled in my first game. I'm a few games in and I've gotten the hang of land battles, but have some questions about naval battles:

1) Do Battleships and Cruisers have any melee attack value (against subs or infantry)?

2) If I stack infantry with a sub, do all the units get invisibility? Or should I let subs stacks go solo without infantry?

3) Are Battleships worth the cost in time/resources, or will a bunch of Cruisers be better to build?

4) Is using infantry scattered tightly through a waterway a good way to 'mine' for submarines?

Thanks in advance.

TNT713

• Avarita

Approved the thread.
  • 1) Do Battleships and Cruisers have any melee attack value (against subs or infantry)?

Yes. Every unit in the game can and will melee.

2) If I stack infantry with a sub, do all the units get invisibility?

No. If this was the case you would never see a single thing on water after Day 15, would you.

3) Are Battleships worth the cost in time/resources, or will a bunch of Cruisers be better to build?

This is a question of preference. I personally agree.

4) Is using infantry scattered tightly through a waterway a good way to 'mine' for submarines?

Only against those of careless players because everyone else will have their submarines set to Hold Fire and they'll zip right by.

• 1) Do Battleships and Cruisers have any melee attack value (against subs or infantry)?

Yes, they do. It is the same as ranged value. The only difference is in ability of opponent to fight back.

2) If I stack infantry with a sub, do all the units get invisibility? Or should I let subs stacks go solo without infantry?

No. Other units are visible while stacked submarines stay hidden.
    You should see infantry as troops in transport ships (sailing above subs) and not as extra submarine crew.

Depends on what you need on a particular map, so have to think for yourself there.
    Main advantage of battleships is shooting range, while main advantage of cruisers is speed.

Depends on situation. But I would not even try to do it unless I have no other means of fighting submarines while having way too much infantry. Submarine can kill a lot of infantry before sinking.

• Appreciate the replies!

I'll definitely fold this into my battle plans. You guys actually answered the followup questions I had from my game today.

I invite anyone with questions about fighting on the water to post them here.

• Appreciate the replies!

I'll definitely fold this into my battle plans. You guys actually answered the followup questions I had from my game today.

I invite anyone with questions about fighting on the water to post them here.

sup, perhaps you would like to join my alliance, we have alot of eager new players like you who wish to learn the game with an experienced team.

hit us up if u interested, happy gaming

All is fair in love and war

• sup, perhaps you would like to join my alliance, we have alot of eager new players like you who wish to learn the game with an experienced team.

hit us up if u interested, happy gaming

I may take you up on that offer, but not just yet. Still getting my feet wet (pun intended).