Structures dissappearing from conquered territories

• Hey there, I'm a newbie on my first game and have noticed that whenever I conquer a territory, every single building that was on it is deleted immediately. I know buildings are supposed to get damadged or even destroyed when fighting; this is not that. It doesnt seem to happen to other players and AIs. I even conquered an empty territory that had a level 2 fortress and other stuff with a single infantry unit; and boom, everything save for the recruitment office (I have temp premium) wiped. There's no way a single unit did that much damage.

One interesting thing is that while structures in the process of being built also get wiped, they still continue being built until the timer runs out and leaves them with partial HP. So if I destroy something that was being buillt and was at 12/20 HP, a few hours later I'll have it back, at 8/20.

Is there a way to prevent this? Am I doing somethng wrong? I'm happy to answer any further questions.

• luisle26

Changed the title of the thread from “Structures dissappearing from conguered territories” to “Structures dissappearing from conquered territories”.
  • yoee79

Approved the thread.
  • I think right now that attack force that conquers a province applies its attack number to the buildings in the province. I've had success allowing small advance force capture an empty province and preserving the buildings inside of it. For instance, breaking off one infantry of a 20 inf stack seems to just do that 1 infantry unit in damage to the buildings (i.e. minimal) and then the province is won and the other 19 can move in. . As opposed to conquering with all 20 and the full attack damage od the 20 stack is inflicted on the buildings, destroying much of the infrastructure. I've not tested this theory thoroughly, but through casual observation I have noted this to be the case to the point that I regularly conquer empty provinces with a small vanguard and allow the main body to meet in the province shortly after conquering. Hope this helps. Sorry for the long-windedness.

• It applies more towards the units defending and the amount of time it takes your units (Hourly ticks) to destroy them. The longer it takes, the more they draw from the available HP that the structure has in order to defend the city. If they can be destroyed in the first tick, the structures may either totally remain, or be damaged and repairable.

A half truth is merely a half lie.

Edited once, last by South Paw ().

• Everything you described is normal behavior for all players. When you capture a province there is a large building damage applied that is independent of stack that captures the province. Whatever time is left in the building construction will continue and result in HP proportional to the amount of construction time left. However, it's often desirable to cancel the construction and get some resources back.

• every time you take a province from an enemy. that province receives between 20 and 30 building damage. That is why provinces with fewer buildings seem to be wiped out, whereas large developed provinces seem to take only a small amount of damage.

A lvl 2 fort has 45 hp total, where as a lvl 5 fort has 150 total hps.

So if you attack a province with a lvl 1 fort, 2 workshops and a RO there is a combined 40hp worth of buildings there. If you are attacking a premium player you cannot damage a RO so 35 building hps.

If there is any defenders, you deal normal damage first ( to the units AND to the buildings). then you win the province and do 25 building damage +/-20% RNG (hence the 20-30 damage).

If your army does 5 building damage together (which 17 infantry or more does) you can easily wipe out all buildings on a province.

d2b685b943ceeb3.jpg

<A Soldier's Strength isn't Measured by the Size of his Axe, but by the Size of his Heart>

• I have a better question? Why does it matter? If you really intend to take a provence, take it or do not. Once you have done it a thousand times, it becomes fairly routine. Total calculations with finality are not possible either due to the RNG application during battles. The longer the battle, the more it can be negated as the distribution of the RNG falls under a bell shaped curve over time for a equal event.

A half truth is merely a half lie.

• Everything you described is normal behavior for all players. When you capture a province there is a large building damage applied that is independent of stack that captures the province. Whatever time is left in the building construction will continue and result in HP proportional to the amount of construction time left. However, it's often desirable to cancel the construction and get some resources back.

You may want to double-check the 'independent of stack' part.

• DxC yes, if you do not have premium account, that is correct a RO can take building damage and be destroyed.

for combat damage its +/-10%, for combat damage when conquering a province its 25 building +/-20%.

d2b685b943ceeb3.jpg

<A Soldier's Strength isn't Measured by the Size of his Axe, but by the Size of his Heart>

• for combat damage its +/-10%, for combat damage when conquering a province its 25 building +/-20%

Ok thanks. It sounds like you are saying the building damage from a normal attack tic gets +/- 10% (just like unit damage) and from a capture it gets 25 +/- 20%. Correct?