Open Discussion about Bugs?

• Carrying on the discussion that started in this post (Alliance Tournament) regarding certain game breaking bugs and no clear rules, I would like to know what Bytro's position is on this.

Obviously, I think that these bugs in the combat system should be fixed and all the problems would be solved. But if they don't want to or can't, I think they should be allowed to be used and discussed (same as S&S). Basically, anything that can be done in a game, should be legal, and if there is a bug that is a gamebreaker, then it should be fixed. What doesn't make sense is to have a broken combat system for years, let the support team deal with each case individually without a clear set of rules and not allow for this situations to be discussed in public which makes it look like they don't want anyone to know about it.

So, are we able to create a post explaining certain bugs like the combat system bug? I can't see why this wouldn't be allowed, but I sense this is quite a sensitive matter.

Regards,

Sckopen

• uh, this is going to be a funny one

so are we allowed to talk about bugs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HA8kSdsf_M

Soldiers! don't give yourselves to brutes

men who despise you, enslave you

who regiment your lives, tell you what to do

what to think and what to feel!

Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle,

use you as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men

machine men with machine minds and machine hearts!

• I vote 'AYE'

but I am also afraid that players that have advantage in wallets will gain unlimited power after that.

that is why I am doing my best not to use any advance tactics against them. so they cannot learn new tactics.

• lets allow people to learn game like it always was but do not punish them for uncovering new ways of using it

most of people stop on lvl 1- Hnr

some move forward and inculde other tactics and strategies getting to lvl 2 at most

I have never seen anyone lvl 3 - operating melee Hnr strategies interchangeably

not saying about lvl 4- with melee, planes, Hnr, fleet , reserves, flanking, decoys and so on

• Alkyonor , freezy , Akiar , Arcorian , Ikkeenniem

Can anyone answer please?

I can't see that it's banned anywhere, so I guess we should assume it is allowed

I will give a shout in our internal. There has been an internal discussion about it recently so it is for certain a good question.

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• to forbid bugs and expoits you need to know them and game mechanics...

and probably play professionaly, not casually with friendpacks

Bytro knows most 'bugs' they receive the reports of users who felt cheated even by simple things let stand the major game changing ones.

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• So, are we able to create a post explaining certain bugs like the combat system bug? I can't see why this wouldn't be allowed, but I sense this is quite a sensitive matter.

Well, in order to report bugs you need to be allowed to make that a topic on the forums. So yes, you are allowed to create a post to explain bugs on the forums.

The fine line lies between:

• Explaining a bug so we are made aware of it in order to fix it,
    • Explaining an advanced strategy (something in the game that is accepted, but is referred to as a bug by some players) to other players
    • And publicly explaining how to take advantage of an exploit (which is not allowed, as you can imagine).
  • Well, in order to report bugs you need to be allowed to make that a topic on the forums. So yes, you are allowed to create a post to explain bugs on the forums.

• Explaining an advanced strategy (something in the game that is accepted, but is referred to as a bug by some players) to other players
    • And publicly explaining how to take advantage of an exploit (which is not allowed, as you can imagine).

I think we all know that point 2 and 3 can't go together.

In the game everything is accepted, but the things people like us know they aren't working properly, we refer to them as a bug. We could call it "feature" instead of bugs, so we'll be explaining something we think it's a feature and therefore that would be allowed, according to your point, however, FOR YOU, those things are bugs, so we would get banned for it even if we call it a feature.

• FOR YOU, those things are bugs, so we would get banned for it even if we call it a feature

Well we don't ban right away. We would remove the post if it falls under the exploit category and inform you that the thing you described is an exploit

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• Well we don't ban right away. We would remove the post if it falls under the exploit category and inform you that the thing you described is an exploit

Good joke lol

boris.de could you throw some input into this conversation?

Edited once, last by nemuritor98 ().

• Exploit is a proper name

can someone describe exploit that we observe: troops are telepeorted 3,6,12 ++ hours ahead of their movement

this would be useful on big maps like 500 as it will speed up moving troops

• Well, in order to report bugs you need to be allowed to make that a topic on the forums. So yes, you are allowed to create a post to explain bugs on the forums.

I'm not talking about bug reports, I'm talking about bugs that have been reported many times over the years, even by myself through the Bug Brigade or as a support member, and that don't get fixed. So the first point is out of the discussion.

The thing is how can a player know the difference between 2 and 3? S&S is a bug which is allowed, planes retargeting is a bug which is allowed.. But what about defending an allied with your troops for a melee combat? That would produce a bugged combat which you don't allow, although it's not explained anywhere.

So yes, the question is why wouldn't we be able to explain to players that having troops in an allied province is going to cause a bug? Why can't we explain what would happen if you touch diplomacy status during a melee combat? There are things that some players already know, but many don't.. And I find it unfair that it can't be made public for everyone to know so that we can all play in equal conditions. And no, it's not "publicly explaining how to take advantage of an exploit", it's simply explaing how the game works.

That would also solve all the silly disputes about bug exploits in proper competitive games.. If everyone knew how the game worked, with all it's flaws, there wouldn't be so many problems in competitive games and we might be able to organise more.. But everytime there's a tournament or a league, there's problems because of this which the support team have to deal with.

And as Nemuritor as already said, I refer to these as bugs because I know they aren't intended to work like that. But in reality they do, have been for years and you have no intention of changing.. So why not just make them "legal" or make the public.. Turn them in to "features" instead of bugs in the same way many other things have.

• But what about defending an allied with your troops for a melee combat? That would produce a bugged combat which you don't allow, although it's not explained anywhere.

I totally agree if 'accepted' it should be explained somewhere to level the battle field like SnS is in the FaQ but I myself have to little knowledge of them and tbh have no idea myself at this point what is bug and what is "feature" despite having acces to the sources.

Note that this reaction is made from a player point of view not a crew member point of view nothing in my post can be used to justify further actions

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• tbh have no idea myself at this point what is bug and what is "feature" despite having acces to the sources.

If you have access to the source(sckopen and I did too) and you can't tell which is a bug and which is a "feature" then how are you going to warn/ban for exploits?