Uniting Armies to one Stack in an ongoing battle?!

• Hey Guys!

How does adding armies to a stack work?

Lets say there is a Player1 (ALPHABET) and a Player2 (NUMBERS),
    and Army A is Fighting Army 1 after Attacking from the North.

Now Player2 wants to support his attacked Army 1 and is sending Army 2 from the South; will he be able to join the 2 Armies into one Stack for the next round, or will army 2 always be a second stack?
    I got a big battle coming up, and this seems essential! :D

Thank you!!!

• Armies comming from seperate directions rarely, if ever, successfully merge during a battle. It is difficult enough to get them to merge at times coming in as reenforcements from the same direction, more times than not the y remain a seperate fighting unit. Why? I have no clue. It just is.

A half truth is merely a half lie.

• I've tried many time with army arriving from different direction but synchronised to arrive at the same minute with the delay function and always merge. In any case, even if not merge but are in the range of 3/4 kilometres from the objective, they fight as they are one army.

But it maybe a coincidence. I had played few games.

• I've tried many time with army arriving from different direction but synchronised to arrive at the same minute with the delay function and always merge. In any case, even if not merge but are in the range of 3/4 kilometres from the objective, they fight as they are one army.

But it maybe a coincidence. I had played few games.

The issue is not that they fight upon arrival as a seperate unit. Should they fail to merge they do not enhance the morale of the original unit and, as a result, the losses can be far greater than had the original group recieved the subsequent armies and merged to a higher morale.

A half truth is merely a half lie.

• You are right. The moral is important. But again, if you synchronise the arrival, they always merge. Not sure if you send an army to join another already in combat.

• I think the issue is related to the angle and speed. If the angle Army 1 - Army A - Army B is acute ( /__ ), Army B will contact Army 1 before merging into Army A.

The best chance of merging seems to be if Army B is opposite Army 1, like so: B ---> A <--- 1

The game cycles, periodically checking for opposing army proximity. You need to merge between cycles. Fast march gives the best chance of sneaking in. All this is just a guess, but being a programmer myself, this is how it appears to me.

The safest thing is to make sure your merging army can fight on its own.