Following largest Stack when Split

• When bombers go to attack a target, they can split the stack, and just send off one unit, and the rest of the stack survives. It make bombers useless against an always active player. Bombers should either be able to manually redirect target without having to land, or automatically continue to follow the largest stack. Maybe the patrol option with bombers could target the largest stack in an area?

• Bombers should either be able to manually redirect target without having to land

This is the case when you redirect them soon enough after the split from the top of my head 4minutes.

Maybe the patrol option with bombers could target the largest stack in an area?

This has been proposed before but might sometimes not be what you want. e.g. the army you targetted has 10arty and 50 units the enemy splits his arty off you target the 50units while you probably wanted the arty to be destroyed more badly also I can alread come up with an easy way to cheat this.

take 10 units
    split 5 | 5
    5 units are targeted
    Split 3 | 2
    3 units are targeted
    Split 2| 1
    2units are targeted
    Split 1|1
    1 unit is targeted

you recombine the others and you made it follow the 1 unit nonetheless. Any more advanced option (Always target biggest stack around) Will mess up strategic bombing a huge infantry stack would be used to avoid any mech units being targetted ever.

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• It is extremely unrealistic that we cannot redirect planes within their original range without first returning to their base to refuel.

However to make this change would then make planes far too strong and bordering on impossible to defend against. We would also need some concept of anti aircraft weapons to counter them.

Every weapon should have a counter available and right now planes really do not other than more planes.

In reality ships would be able to shoot at them at sea. On land there would have been anti aircraft batteries. They may not have been very effective in WW1 but they did exist so are an obvious missing unit in S1914

• It is extremely unrealistic that we cannot redirect planes within their original range without first returning to their base to refuel.

This is the case when you redirect them soon enough after the split from the top of my head 4minutes.

youc an redirect but in WWI communication with planes wasnt that easy to just out of the blue give them a brand new order.

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• This is the case when you redirect them soon enough after the split from the top of my head 4minutes.

Hello,

How do you achieve this exactly? It worked for me one time but for a reason I can't reproduce it anymore even if I attack directly after the split

• whatever the actually time is it so small unless you are watching 24/7 for all intents and purposes it is impossible to beat the tactic of splitting an army to avoid damage from planes. With this in mind I repeat my earlier statement that it should be possible to redirect planes.

I understand Narmer's explanation regarding the limited abilities in WW1 however I doubt a WW1 pilot would have attacked a small target when a much larger one was close by.

However as I also mentioned before allowing any redirection of planes over what they can already do would make them too powerful. As it is they are already bordering on being too powerful imo.. So without the addition of any kind of air defence no change should be made. It makes the use of planes fairly unrealistic but for the purposes of the game it is the best option.