Concept to Keep Players IN a round until the end.

• Many people complain bitterly about joining a round and by day 10 or so there are only a HANDFUL of players left because most of the starting players have gone AI.

Now one of the reasons that players go AI is to try and protect their statistics.

What IF when you join a round you need to play it until the end or the losses you take after you have gone AI are still counted against your account? Oh and before anyone jumps on me and talks about it, YES, I have also gone AI in games to try and save my stats, so yeah, it will affect me too.

b78//+

• Complicated. Many people goes AFK because of... "anything". You can't punish them for that since Bytro doesn't want to people are logged in constantly.

However, an "equidistant" solution could be achieved by protecting the statistics from those who went AFK but, on the other hand, allow active players to improve their own by conquering the former countries of those AFK players.

Demonaire
    ES. EN & PT Game Operator

Bytro Labs | Supremacy 1914

b78//+

All the things you need to play this game can be found here, here and here.

Do you want to experience new ways to enjoy Supremacy 1914? Click here and here.

Have you problems with the game? Send a ticket.

• I have witnessed Bytro reduce the inactivity period from 5 days down to 2 days, so Bytro is also protecting these players K/D ratios, especially in 500 maps where you have huge armies, Bytro can fix this by simply returning to the prior 5 days inactivity standard.

While on this topic another deceptive statistic with overall experience of players since Bytro made all AI Elite, these players are achieving high military rank with 80% of their score being fighting against AI

index.php?eID=image&uid=11763503&mode=2

Embrace your true nature , enjoy games and have fun!

• I have witnessed Bytro reduce the inactivity period from 5 days down to 2 days, so Bytro is also protecting these players K/D ratios, especially in 500 maps where you have huge armies, Bytro can fix this by simply returning to the prior 5 days inactivity standard.

While on this topic another deceptive statistic with overall experience of players since Bytro made all AI Elite, these players are achieving high military rank with 80% of their score being fighting against AI

Regarding inactivity period, I feel that a 2 day period is the lesser evil here (vs. 4 or 5 day period). When the inactivity period was 4/5 days, it is so easy to improve K/D ratio by bombarding those static troops standing there doing nothing. I would think that a shorter inactivity period results in the KDR being a better reflection of a player's skills and ability. Furthermore, in the past when inactivity period is longer and I want to preserve my KDR, I would just send my troops out of range of the enemy (e.g.. out to sea or far inland).

As for the deceptive statistics, I personally see military rank as a poor indicator of a player's skills and ability. I don't infer that a player is a good player simply because he has high military rank. I am under the impression that most players with some experience rely on KDR more than rank.. But it would be cool if the rank system could be reworked to make military rank a more meaningful indicator (I have no suggestions though).

Complicated. Many people goes AFK because of... "anything". You can't punish them for that since Bytro doesn't want to people are logged in constantly.

However, an "equidistant" solution could be achieved by protecting the statistics from those who went AFK but, on the other hand, allow active players to improve their own by conquering the former countries of those AFK players.

But going inactive here means being AFK for 2 days straight. Even if Bytro doesn't want people to log in constantly, they would still want players to log in at least once every 1-2 days right? I think if we want KDR to be a good indicator of skills and ability, then dropping the KDR of players who don't log in for 2 days straight seems like the right thing to do..

Any sufficiently advanced tactic is indistinguishable from magic to the uninitiated.

• well as i says in another thread on the same subject that i joined a round (iron order) and 21 of 26 players left at the start of day 4 so thought i will give it another go and this round even worse, 23 of 26 players gone at the start of day 4. what is the point i ask ??? these players are ruining games, iron order will never last at this rate. bytro really need to do something soon

• But going inactive here means being AFK for 2 days straight. Even if Bytro doesn't want people to log in constantly, they would still want players to log in at least once every 1-2 days right? I think if we want KDR to be a good indicator of skills and ability, then dropping the KDR of players who don't log in for 2 days straight seems like the right thing to do..

Yes, but, again, far from make those users remain in the match, that measure would end pushing them away from the game and that's not in the Bytro's best interests.

Demonaire

b78//+

Do you want to experience new ways to enjoy Supremacy 1914? Click here and here.

• Yes, but, again, far from make those users remain in the match, that measure would end pushing them away from the game and that's not in the Bytro's best interests.

Okay, I get it... can't complain too much since this is a free-to-play game

Any sufficiently advanced tactic is indistinguishable from magic to the uninitiated.

• Okay, I get it... can't complain too much since this is a free-to-play game

Had that way, I'd close this thread and I wouldn't allow further debate. Instead, I think it's worth to debate but also I let it clear why it's very possible Bytro won't accept it.

Demonaire

b78//+

• I agree we don't want to push players away from the game. The idea is to get them to enter a round and stick around instead of vanishing after a couple days. So, instead of punishing them like I intimated, perhaps we can come up with some kind of incentive to keep them in the match? This is why I think you're right in keeping the thread open Demonaire.

• I agree we don't want to push players away from the game. The idea is to get them to enter a round and stick around instead of vanishing after a couple days. So, instead of punishing them like I intimated, perhaps we can come up with some kind of incentive to keep them in the match? This is why I think you're right in keeping the thread open Demonaire.

the only thing bytro can offer players to stay in a round is gold, maybe after a week all active players get a small amount of gold and so on till the end of the round ????

• the only thing bytro can offer players to stay in a round is gold, maybe after a week all active players get a small amount of gold and so on till the end of the round ????

That is one possibility although too much free Gold is not good for Bytro either. Here's another concept, bring back the Daily Spin but attach it to the game. You get one free spin a day provided you're active in the game.

• the only thing bytro can offer players to stay in a round is gold, maybe after a week all active players get a small amount of gold and so on till the end of the round ????

A small gold amount payable at the conclusion of a game as a 'loyalty' payment would definitely keep more people in a game until conclusion. a weekly even smaller amount if you login each day would see much more activity in games. World of warships and other games already do this successfully.

• A lot of other free games reward players with upgrades, coins, gems, special items, badges and equipment etc.

I don't know what would work. Just brainstorming.

Play until day 8 and gain a free Fortress upgrade.

Play until day 10 and gain a free factory upgrade.

Play until day 12 and gain 1 free artillery.

Play until day 20 and gain 1 special unit not available for regular production. e.g. Sapper Unit used to destroy fortresses

In the scheme of things, these are small but they are some reward for those of us who stick around and play.

The longer people play, ( don't have any data to back this idea) I guess the greater chance they will purchase GM or click mobile advertising.

These would not affect the spending of GM or via mobile the watching of ads. People will still do that.

Maybe these types of rewards could be limited to or customised for selected maps.

For those who play seriously, the games can be long, so what to do for games that go for months I am not sure.

Maybe need to stretch out the milestones when rewards appear.

Failure has a thousand explanations,

Success doesn't need one. - Sir Alec Guinness.

Edited once, last by Alexander Apollo ().

• good ideab78//+