- When selecting a foreign province or army you will now be presented with the option to use a new Direct Interaction feature. This will allow you to either issue an attack order on a province by selecting nearby forces, or open a diplomatic communication with the owner of said province or army.
- After creating a coalition you are presented with the option to customize it by uploading a unique icon for your coalition. Alternatively, you will now be presented with a preselection of default icons to choose from.
To make the concept of High Command membership clearer to players, it has been renamed to Premium Account.
- This is only a name change.
- No functionality was changed or removed.
- Coalition leaders are now able to proactively send out coalition invites to other players who are not yet a member of another coalition.
- The Advisor interface, which helps players understand various game mechanics, has been overhauled and looks much more polished.
- With the implementation of the new arrowhead pathfinder indicators at the end of each ground movement path in July 2021, the markers for the centre of patrol circles of planes were removed. These patrol markers are now re-implemented again.
- A varying, maximum runtime has been added to all standard scenarios depending on the maximum player count to ensure they will not be negatively affected by future updates well after a map was created. Maps with a maximum of 31 players will now end automatically after 90 days have passed for example, while 500 Player maps will automatically close after 180 days. When a map ends this way, the player or coalition on top of the ranking will automatically win.
- An issue was resolved that caused moving ranged units like Artillery to temporarily stop moving when getting fired upon by an enemy range unit. The ranged unit would also not return fire in this case, no matter the fire control setting. Ranged units do not stop moving when attacked by enemy ranged units anymore and will open fire at the enemy depending on the fire control setting.
- A bug was fixed that could cause planes to fly around the map instead of taking the direct route on certain maps.
- An issue was resolved that prevented players from selecting units with the lasso tool on desktop when they were located in certain areas on a map.
- A bug was fixed that prevented panels from closing when the player clicked on the background.
- An issue was resolved that prevented Harbors to be added to the building queue when the player had insufficient resources. Harbors are now added to the queue no matter the available resources and construction is started as soon as needed resources are available.
- A bug was fixed that caused the toggle to filter messages in the inbox to only work on the first page of messages and prevented messages on following pages from being displayed all together. The filters now work for all messages in the inbox.
- An issue was resolved that caused the refuel timer to be missing and the wrong text to be displayed when a plane was returning to an airfield for refuelling.
- An issue was resolved for mobile devices that could cause popups to trigger the expansion of the navigation bar which would then overlap active menus.
- A bug was fixed that prevented units and provinces from deselecting when the army or province bar was closed.
- An issue was resolved that could cause an error message to be displayed when multiple armies were selected and split up.
- A bug was fixed that caused a jump when the map was scrolled after multiple units were selected with the lasso tool.
- A bug was fixed that partially hid the last building entry in a provinces overview tab, when a new construction order was issued.
- A bug was fixed that caused more than one command button to be highlighted in the interface after an order was given to a ground unit, or airplane.