Release Notes - 2021-12-14

• 1639491951_news_images_22920.jpg

New Feature:

• When selecting a foreign province or army you will now be presented with the option to use a new Direct Interaction feature. This will allow you to either issue an attack order on a province by selecting nearby forces, or open a diplomatic communication with the owner of said province or army.
    • After creating a coalition you are presented with the option to customize it by uploading a unique icon for your coalition. Alternatively, you will now be presented with a preselection of default icons to choose from.

General:

• To make the concept of High Command membership clearer to players, it has been renamed to Premium Account.
      • This is only a name change.
      • No functionality was changed or removed.
    • Coalition leaders are now able to proactively send out coalition invites to other players who are not yet a member of another coalition.
    • The Advisor interface, which helps players understand various game mechanics, has been overhauled and looks much more polished.
    • With the implementation of the new arrowhead pathfinder indicators at the end of each ground movement path in July 2021, the markers for the centre of patrol circles of planes were removed. These patrol markers are now re-implemented again.
    • A varying, maximum runtime has been added to all standard scenarios depending on the maximum player count to ensure they will not be negatively affected by future updates well after a map was created. Maps with a maximum of 31 players will now end automatically after 90 days have passed for example, while 500 Player maps will automatically close after 180 days. When a map ends this way, the player or coalition on top of the ranking will automatically win.

Bug fixes:

• An issue was resolved that caused moving ranged units like Artillery to temporarily stop moving when getting fired upon by an enemy range unit. The ranged unit would also not return fire in this case, no matter the fire control setting. Ranged units do not stop moving when attacked by enemy ranged units anymore and will open fire at the enemy depending on the fire control setting.
    • A bug was fixed that could cause planes to fly around the map instead of taking the direct route on certain maps.
    • An issue was resolved that prevented players from selecting units with the lasso tool on desktop when they were located in certain areas on a map.
    • A bug was fixed that prevented panels from closing when the player clicked on the background.
    • An issue was resolved that prevented Harbors to be added to the building queue when the player had insufficient resources. Harbors are now added to the queue no matter the available resources and construction is started as soon as needed resources are available.
    • A bug was fixed that caused the toggle to filter messages in the inbox to only work on the first page of messages and prevented messages on following pages from being displayed all together. The filters now work for all messages in the inbox.
    • An issue was resolved that caused the refuel timer to be missing and the wrong text to be displayed when a plane was returning to an airfield for refuelling.
    • An issue was resolved for mobile devices that could cause popups to trigger the expansion of the navigation bar which would then overlap active menus.
    • A bug was fixed that prevented units and provinces from deselecting when the army or province bar was closed.
    • An issue was resolved that could cause an error message to be displayed when multiple armies were selected and split up.
    • A bug was fixed that caused a jump when the map was scrolled after multiple units were selected with the lasso tool.
    • A bug was fixed that partially hid the last building entry in a provinces overview tab, when a new construction order was issued.
    • A bug was fixed that caused more than one command button to be highlighted in the interface after an order was given to a ground unit, or airplane.
  • while 500 Player maps will automatically close after 180 days

I don't love this. I guess it's quite easy to see the practical reasoning behind those cutoff times but they seem quite intrusive. Imagine playing a game that is so hard fought constantly that it goes on longer and then suddenly, it just kinda ends. I don't love this. As far as the "future updates" rationale - that hasn't made this change neccessary in over ten years, so I don't know about that.

• A varying, maximum runtime has been added to all standard scenarios depending on the maximum player count to ensure they will not be negatively affected by future updates well after a map was created. Maps with a maximum of 31 players will now end automatically after 90 days have passed for example, while 500 Player maps will automatically close after 180 days. When a map ends this way, the player or coalition on top of the ranking will automatically win.

Have the days changed also for 100p maps, under this new run time will kills be accumulated for duration of map, previously we could accumulate military score on 500 maps until day 360?

index.php?eID=image&uid=11763503&mode=2

Embrace your true nature , enjoy games and have fun!

• I am having serious issues with new update,

I have had to reload/ refresh to get display to show that my movement orders, builds ect are working

Each reload/refresh I am then waiting several minutes for map to load again, reminds me of lag we had with Legacy

index.php?eID=image&uid=11763503&mode=2

Embrace your true nature , enjoy games and have fun!

• Hello.

After this upgrade i am getting a HUGE on loading the game

Also have delay on issuing orders...

Sometime the build/construct orders doesnt work.

All the rest... great as ever.

Thanks for your time, Happy seasson.

WarBoss

WarBoss

Kampfgruppe CO

• We're sorry that users had some issues during and after the update was released.

There were some unexpected issues with it that slowed down some game servers, which in turn were responsible for the long loading times and login issues. We started working on it immediately and the issue should be resolved as of around 7pm GMT+1 on the day of the update.

Everything should be back to normal now.

• I don't love this. I guess it's quite easy to see the practical reasoning behind those cutoff times but they seem quite intrusive. Imagine playing a game that is so hard fought constantly that it goes on longer and then suddenly, it just kinda ends. I don't love this. As far as the "future updates" rationale - that hasn't made this change neccessary in over ten years, so I don't know about that.

Thanks for the feedback. It only worked because Supremacy did not receive many gameplay changes or balancing updates in the last years as we mostly worked on interface and quality of life improcements. But that might change in the future and to be prepared for that we have to cut off games at some point. If we still have super old games running with older versions we can not guarantee that they are compatible to new features, which might break those games.

Super old games, where 95% of the players are only AI, are also clogging the server, which is another reason to end them at some point.

The new times should be enough for the majority of games to finish in time. For those that do not - well it can also be an exciting new challenge in the endgame to raise for the most VP before time runs out, adds some spice in the lategame.

Since games end before day 180 now their stats should be fully counted.

• I don't love this. I guess it's quite easy to see the practical reasoning behind those cutoff times but they seem quite intrusive. Imagine playing a game that is so hard fought constantly that it goes on longer and then suddenly, it just kinda ends. I don't love this. As far as the "future updates" rationale - that hasn't made this change neccessary in over ten years, so I don't know about that.

en cuanto esto , se podria pedir por ticket , la prorroga del tiempo , cuando el mapa lo amerita y los jugadores activos asi lo crean necesario?

Code
    1. As for this, could it be requested by ticket, the extension of time, when the map deserves it and the active players believe it necessary?
  • I get that to a degree, but I mean, "the last years" really wasn't my frame of reference - the game has recieved every gameplay update so far without games being cut off like that. I'm not on the inside, I don't know how that was possible and how impossible it may become. It just seems hard for me to understand.

The clogging of the servers was what I immediately assumed would be the main reason and it's obviously hard to argue. I just feel like those times are too short and too intrusive. I'm definitely not going to say it makes sense to offer server bandwidth to host those kinds of games forever, but between "forever" (or the practically irrelevant cutoffs that already existed from what I understand) and "90-180 days" there's still a lot of gray area I would love to see explored.

Because that "challenge" wouldn't really help me past the fact that a game that I am probably seriously invested in, maybe in the process of culminating in a major, final, world war, just kinda... ends. Nah, "It's just about the points now, there's no time to have a war anymore" is not Supremacy to me, sorry. This is seriously putting me off. If there's a realistic chance that I'm playing a game that will eventually just end in an "unresolved" state, I have serious issues finding motivation to take games deep now. I don't want that to happen. I grow attached to a game. Especially after three months. If it's still going on actively at that point, just having to walk away from it would be the absolute worst.

And 180 days for a 500p map? Do any of them ever end before that by regular gameplay? Serious question because I do not know. But it seems incredibly tight to me. That's just twice as long as you'll now allow a 31 player game. The map is vastly more than twice the size though.

Also, it doesn't seem to state any of the new maximum runtimes in the game info. All I know is how long a 31p map and a 500p map will last now because it states that in the post. Maybe I'm just blind but I'm not finding any more information on it anywhere.

• Hello, i found out that you removed the option to talk to other players once a round has ended. I understand that you turn of diplomacy so that your servers do not waste much energy on a finished game. But cant this option be available for 1 day after the game has ended? I enjoy it to talk to my fellow coalition members so that i can say gg.

• Arcorian

Closed the thread.