Missing Features: World Bank (loans for interest), Nuclear power developement (destroy one whole province) .

• World Bank:

Main purpose being lending of loan to nations for interest.

Interest should be depending on factors like: Number of countris the lendee is in war with. Higher the count, higher the interest.

Lending between nations, with automatic repayments and in case of defaults province should be transfered ( all automated) terms of which will be agreed upon at the time of lending.

Nuclear Weapon:

Most powerful weapon, which can destroy one whole province. But development of which should be too costly and secretive. Like if you have doubt that any nation is developing such weapon , we can deploy Spies and discover that. And also slow the process down.

• Edwylm

Approved the thread.
  • As much as I like to joke about developing Nukes in the DE in my matches, we were a long way off from developing nuclear weaponry in the years 1914 - 1918. In fact, Alfred Noble was still berating himself about developing TNT and nobody even contemplated anything stronger. Now agreed, Supremacy is not an accurate historical wargame but adding things like Nukes to it would be taking it from the realm of historical fiction to the realm of science fantasy.

• The money lending idea seems interesting. I think some kind of loan scheme will add more depth to the economic aspects of the game.

Any sufficiently advanced tactic is indistinguishable from magic to the uninitiated.

• I can't imagine a loans scenario that wouldn't be abused, wherein players who are losing taking out massive loans, building up a massive army, then all out attacking. If it doesn't work, they just quit and leave the debt to the AI.

Loans between players, I don't think, are a helpful mechanic, either. You give a massive loan to an ally, they betray and eliminate you, wiping out their debt in the process. That alone would be another tactic for multis and other cheaters.

Seems unnecessarily complicated to create and monitor that kind of activity.

Nukes are just completely out. Total anachronism, I play WWI so nukes aren't an option. I would rather play in the days of sail than the nuclear age.

• Nukes. In WW1? Read what you wrote again.

• The suggestion of tying World Bank interest rates to the number of countries a nation is in conflict with is an intriguing concept, adding a geopolitical factor to financial transactions. However, it might raise ethical concerns and complicate financial dealings. As for the idea of automated repayments and province transfers in case of defaults, it's an innovative thought but could face challenges in implementation and international consensus.

Regarding the concept of a nuclear weapon, maintaining secrecy is crucial, and the idea of deploying spies to monitor and slow down development aligns with national security interests. However, the high cost and potential dangers associated with nuclear weapons demand careful consideration and global cooperation.

These proposals bring forth unique perspectives, emphasizing the intersection of finance, geopolitics, and security, but they would require thorough evaluation and consensus among nations to be implemented effectively.

• The loans scenario being abused is something that can happen, but I think that loans to this World Bank thing would add a whole new level to the game, as players would choose between building harbours or railways in provinces, compared to taking interest from the World Bank, and could give players something to do with their coins, rather than them just hoarding them. Furthermore, the abuse can be controlled, since the world bank would only give loans upto a certain amount, so that would fix that exploit. For multis, it's easy to exploit regardless through multiple trades, unless there are player reports, and there's no real way to contain multis without reporting to the admins regardless.