Open Discussion about Bugs?

• I totally agree if 'accepted' it should be explained somewhere to level the battle field like SnS is in the FaQ but I myself have to little knowledge of them and tbh have no idea myself at this point what is bug and what is "feature" despite having acces to the sources.

Precisely, I don't know everything, but if it was allowed to publicly discuss all these "bugs", then we could all share our knowledge, make up a list and there could be clear rules as to what is allowed and what isn't.

Right now, there is too much subjectivity, if there is a problem/ticket, whoever is in charge of it decides based on his/her experience.

If you have access to the source(sckopen and I did too) and you can't tell which is a bug and which is a "feature" then how are you going to warn/ban for exploits?

Yeah, there isn't a bug list even available for support members and they aren't really informed of anything.. What I know about the game is out of experience and I would say most support members are the same.

• Yeah, there isn't a bug list even available for support members and they aren't really informed of anything.. What I know about the game is out of experience and I would say most support members are the same.

I could count with the fingers of one (1) hand, and I'll won't need all of them, all the support members of S1914 capable enough to explain all the bugs, that for example you(Sckopen) and I, know about.

Even with those 3/4/5 people, they(including us) probably wouldn't know all of them.

And here's the thing, Bytro doesn't either, not just those that we don't know, but also those that we know.

b78//+

• If you have access to the source(sckopen and I did too) and you can't tell which is a bug and which is a "feature" then how are you going to warn/ban for exploits?

Such decisions will at any point be made by bytro. Even if a list would exist bugs come and go as the game gets developed. As such a list would always be outdated result bytro remains the one taking the shots. And warnings/bans (don't forget I'm talking forum warning and bans not ingame as Smod I have nothing to do with the GO department how they handle the use of exploits is their matter, I respond to the initial question about the discussion here on the forum)

Will be given when bytro internally has made a stance. I and no mod will personally decide something is an exploit without discussing it with the higher ups. Anyway this seems to keep going on I'll try to put some effort into actually working out something that can work.

What about we try to apply

The fine line lies between:

Explaining a bug so we are made aware of it in order to fix it,
    Explaining an advanced strategy (something in the game that is accepted, but is referred to as a bug by some players) to other players
    And publicly explaining how to take advantage of an exploit (which is not allowed, as you can imagine).

When trying to discuss a bug you start by explaining a bug in a way we are aware of what is happening if we need more information we contact you etc etc. Then we put it up internally to see under which category it falls and green/red light the full explaining of it? would that be a way that works? It does put an additional effort both into the hands of the users and the crew but it does fix the contradiction of discussing something you might not be allowed to discuss.

• 50 mln GMs , HQ for a year and I will make full list of bugs for bytro with explenation why it happens.

I wonder if a bug allowing you to decide which place to take on the alliance game map is still working . that one was fun as you were able to decide who goes where in a map with random countries