Question about victory conditions

• I asked this in the patch notes thread a few days back but think this might be a better venue.

I would like to verify that the winning criteria is the absolute score rather than the nearest to victory score (raw number versus percentage). Is that correct in all circumstances and if so, why? A coalition score of 700, as an example, is not as close to victory as an individual score of 699 (47% versus 70%) so does the coalition always win? I think for me the confusion is that the wording states “relative progress” towards victory when that does not seem to be the case.

Just curious more than anything at this point for future reference so I know how to calculate my province upgrades accordingly.

• Moldavi I got this information from a Main Administrator of Bytro... Victory Points Formula included...Hope it helps.

There are 2000 points available and distributed over the players from the start and the objective is get a certain amount of them; e.g. 1000 of these points as a solo player. The score you have displays a contrast between your provinces, the morale of those provinces, the upgrades that have been built there and all the provinces you do not have, their morale and available upgrades.The most dominant of the factors mentioned are the provinces you have and the morale each one of them has in relation to all the other provinces on the map and their particular morale. It is therefore an economic score (that can be considered to quantify military potency).

Some reservations have to made in asserting that the score does reflect economic power however: the DE score makes no distinction between single resource provinces and double resource provinces, while the latter are economically very potent since they give double the resource output for only a single province upkeep cost; making them more than twice as valuable as single resource provinces.There is a bonus to 99+ morale provinces, but this extra score, giving a considerable extra 27% points to a 100% morale province, reflects no real economic power and are in that sense empty points that can distort the view on how economic power is actually distributed in the map.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/att…047008192921610/score.png

• Hi, I know the formula but thanks.

That isn't my question. The patch states that the winner will be determined by who has the most "relative progress" to victory.

I am asking what the definition of "relative progress" is in this instance since to me relative progress is percentage to victory since that was the entire point of the patch adding the percentage to victory to the counter. But the game is factoring victory based on absolute points.

So if I am an individual that is at 699 points at the end of the timer, my "relative progress" to victory is 69.9% (699/1000). But, if a coalition is at 700 points, their "relative progress" to victory is only 46.7% (700/1500).

So how is the coalition relatively closer to victory than the individual?

Also, a better link to the formula: https://www.supremacy1914.com/…in/files/PointFormula.pdf

• The formula is also added to the FAQ

Anyhow don't they just not mean with "relative progress" your VP, the victory points ar ebasically already a percentage whether you multiply that by 2000 or not it is a score calculated relativly to the other nations

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• That still doesn’t address the question.

Victory conditions for an individual in the game is 1000 points (50% of the total points available relative to all other players). For a coalition it is 1500 points (75% of the total points available relative to all other players). If the victory conditions were 2000 points (100%) then percentage towards that would be relevant but it isn’t, so it’s not.

So 699 points for the individual is relatively closer to victory (1000) than 700 for the coalition (out of 1500). The individual is only 301 points away from victory while the coalition is 800 points away from victory. The progress towards victory is significantly more substantial for the individual in this instance then the coalition but the coalition is granted victory over the individual because of the one point difference - even though it is further away from the game constructed victory condition.

The formula has nothing to do with my question, it is just the tool for calculating points.

The question remains - what is the definition of “relative progress” when by every logical comparison the individual percentage in the example is relatively closer to victory than the coalition?

• No, I’m talking about timed games. The patch from Nov states that the person or coalition with the most “relative progress” towards victory wins once time is up but that does not appear to be correct because it is based on absolute points regardless of which is actually closest to winning.

• Ooh I see now wasalready thinkign in what situation does a game end without achieving the victory conditions. then I do have to agree with you that the single player is closer to victory then the coalition maybe bytro ( Akiar, Arcorian and Alkyonor ) could either confirm this as bug or explain the reasoning behind it better.

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

I would like to verify that the winning criteria is the absolute score rather than the nearest to victory score (raw number versus percentage).

Edit: after another round of checks...

"Victory rewards are now based on each player’s or coalition’s relative progress towards their respective victory condition. This progress is reflected in a joint ranking table, accessible through the timer in the top right corner of the screen or from the new ranking indicator in the top bar."

What you descirbe and as you stated, relevant for time boxed rounds only. In case you have a round where that is/was not the case, could you tell me which map that was and/or provide a game ID so we can take a look at it?

• Off Topic, but as this one seems tied to the Event Maps, which are obviously hugely profitable for Bytro, and in case of 500 maps drastically reduces the duration of such normal maps and saves on server being consumed for long duration's.

My experience on these Rush maps (Event Maps) is that some things are simply off from normal maps,

Example> is that the new 3 day cool down period upon leaving a coalition in a 4x Event 500 map was actually 2 real days = 8 days cool down in the speed map scenario...

Also, in relation to Victory Points, the LAST DAYS Builds are not added to your Victory Points at the end of the timer/map, I know this, as I had about 30 rail roads at 5/6 completion, and finished all the railroads builds in advance of the timer expiring, my Victory points did not change, not just railroads but also several barracks and forts were completed prior to timer expiration...

Anyhow, I opt to stop playing Event maps since many of the game mechanics which normally apply in regular maps ; do not apply. No one tells you of these different game mechanics and you do not learn of these things until you finish map and get abnormal results from what is expected.

index.php?eID=image&uid=11763503&mode=2

Embrace your true nature , enjoy games and have fun!

• Edit: after another round of checks...

"Victory rewards are now based on each player’s or coalition’s relative progress towards their respective victory condition. This progress is reflected in a joint ranking table, accessible through the timer in the top right corner of the screen or from the new ranking indicator in the top bar."

What you descirbe and as you stated, relevant for time boxed rounds only. In case you have a round where that is/was not the case, could you tell me which map that was and/or provide a game ID so we can take a look at it?

Hi, it happened in 3108872.

My individual score was 505 (50.5%) but my coalition’s score was 643 (42.9%) and the coalition won.

Thanks!

• The reason you did not win a solo victory is because you won with your coaliton.

When you are part of a coalition you are considered for coalition victory only. That is by design. Single players can compeete with coalitions for victory, but only if they indeed play solo and are not part of a coaltion.

This is also visible when you look at the rankings of a game round. At first place of the ranking is your coalition not you as a solo player, due to the fact that you are part of that coalition.

I hope that answers your question. :)

• Has this been changed? or does the mechanic still operate this way?

Still operates same way, although I have discovered in time since this thread began that MORALE is huge factor in bonus of provinces being 99% morale get a bonus and you can achieve 12 Victory Points from provinces getting the bonus with high morale , where provinces that do not have such high morale you can only achieve max of 7 VP's per province, so 99% morale is goal with as many provinces as possible ( Forts add 5% morale boost per level)

index.php?eID=image&uid=11763503&mode=2

Embrace your true nature , enjoy games and have fun!

• Thanks Moldavi,
    we will take a look at the issue.

Arcorian so if I am not in a coalition and I am the only player in a game that is not in a coalition, I will automatically win the solo 1st place prize if the game timer runs out, even if single members of coalitions have way more points than me?

I ask because I am currently in a 500player game where i'm like 6th place but everyone else in the top 15 is in a coalition and i'm solo, will i get the 1st place gold for solo even though a coalition has way more poitns and members of coalitions have more points? I have an opportunity to join the #3 coalition and that would put them to #2 or #1 but I might get more gold if I end the game solo since everyone else is on a team?

• Arcorian so if I am not in a coalition and I am the only player in a game that is not in a coalition, I will automatically win the solo 1st place prize if the game timer runs out, even if single members of coalitions have way more points than me?

I ask because I am currently in a 500player game where i'm like 6th place but everyone else in the top 15 is in a coalition and i'm solo, will i get the 1st place gold for solo even though a coalition has way more poitns and members of coalitions have more points? I have an opportunity to join the #3 coalition and that would put them to #2 or #1 but I might get more gold if I end the game solo since everyone else is on a team?

I think you misunderstood how the victory is determined.

There is no separate ranking for coalition and solo win. There is only a single ranking. The coalition vs. solo differentiation determines the amount of goldmark reward. For example, the first place reward will NOT be given for BOTH a coalition and a solo player.

There is, however, a 'modifier' such that each victory point of a solo player has a greater weight than that of a coalition. You can read this post for more information: Game Rewards and Payouts

In short, if you remain as a solo palyer, you will not get the first place goldmark reward for solo win.

Any sufficiently advanced tactic is indistinguishable from magic to the uninitiated.

• I think you misunderstood how the victory is determined.

There is no separate ranking for coalition and solo win. There is only a single ranking. The coalition vs. solo differentiation determines the amount of goldmark reward. For example, the first place reward will NOT be given for BOTH a coalition and a solo player.

There is, however, a 'modifier' such that each victory point of a solo player has a greater weight than that of a coalition. You can read this post for more information: Game Rewards and Payouts

In short, if you remain as a solo palyer, you will not get the first place goldmark reward for solo win.

ScaredyCat Thank you for the response. I guess I am still just a little confused.

If I can just explain the game I'm currently in:

I'm 4th place for Points, and the game is about to end. I am not in a coalition but every other player from the guy with the most points, to the guy in 10th place are all in coalitions. If this game ends with me not joining a coalition, will i get the 4th place gold payout, or will my payout depend on if I have more points than an entire team? Every of the 5 coalitions has more points than me when you look at their combined score, so would I get no gold?

Also the guy with the most points just so happens to be the guy leading the # coaliton as well. Would he technically get more gold if he disbanded his coalition right at the end of the game? Or would he only if he alone had more points than and entire coalition?