Legacy Mode

• b78//+ Bring Back Legacy Mode For All b78//+

So I have seen countless people talking in chat about not having access to legacy mode. I honestly don't see the point of allowing the older community to be able to freely access legacy and not just simply give the option to everyone? Since legacy as a feature still works in 2020 why not allow everyone to use it? The only downside I see to allowing the users to use legacy is they might like it more? In the end it shouldn't matter if legacy still works. Let them use the mode they like most. I totally understand if that would be a desktop only mode because of mobile clashes and things like that but if they are using desktop give them legacy! b78//+

• Some like the flashy new interface and slick details and some just want the buttons easy not flashy and right in front of you. I can't help but feel bad watching people talk about it knowing that there is no reason to RESTRICT a mode that works.

• I agree although I think I have a little bit of an advantage using Legacy.....:D:D

But yes, give people the choice. They shouldn't be penalized just because they didn't join earlier than some of us.

Oh, and one more reason to give the choice, based on another post, is to cut down the amount of lag within the graphics engine. Lower resolution (legacy mode) should make it easier on people's PCs and mobiles.

• I agree although I think I have a little bit of an advantage using Legacy.....:D:D

But yes, give people the choice. They shouldn't be penalized just because they didn't join earlier than some of us.

Oh, and one more reason to give the choice, based on another post, is to cut down the amount of lag within the graphics engine. Lower resolution (legacy mode) should make it easier on people's PCs and mobiles.

While I agree, I wouldn't say they're being punished for joining later, they're just forced to suffer through what Bytro has decided is best for the game now. Quite honestly the simpler solution for Bytro would be to just get rid of Legacy entirely and remove that kind of logic. Then it's just awful for everyone but the sad truth is that what we think about legacy design doesn't matter at all.

Bytro obviously poured work and hours into the new design to make it the way it is for whatever reason. Maybe not enough work and enough hours to make it anywhere near as good as the old one but if you're already invested like that, you're not gonna undercut your own efforts by making the other option more prominent again. I really don't think this is realistic. Bytro clearly isn't viewing the two designs as different playing styles or whatever that you should be free to choose. They're just keeping legacy around to avoid a load of people leaving the game at once is what I reckon. Once enough of "us" are gone on our own, the plug gets pulled and the game moves on.

The better shot we'd have I think is to try and bring them to improve the new UI to a point where it works as well as the old one. Considering Bytro has assumed quite a hands-off approach to this game it seems, good luck with that. If you ask me, the new UI might as well be torn down completely and redone from scratch if you want it to work as efficiently as Legacy - also something that's sadly very unrealistic for the company to do at this point.

I believe the new UI to be mostly marketing-driven to align this game more with the look and feel of the kinds of games that are popular with young players. Functionality came second in designing it. That's not neccessarily a bad thing but it didn't work out so well in this instance. But apparently the young audiences do come in now and underage players spend a lot of money since the game is supposedly doing really well. And since Bytro has been known now to not even dare to glance at the features it makes money off in fear of destroying their "business model", don't bank on any major changes to the design itself or the way the two existing designs relate to one another.

• One reason I do not like New UI (Ultimate Immersion) playing on a computer is that when I have several maps going I can not open multiple tabs from my log in page for the different maps; with the New UI my log in page is replaced by any given map that I open to play and then I have to re-open a new tab and wait for the log in process again ( Some 500 maps can take a long time to Open with New UI Graphics and it is not because of my video card on my 8 core 32 gb ram pc)

I would like to see Bytro run a Test of what is most popular if everyone had option to use legacy mode maybe it is more popular than new UI, I have also many times suggested that Legacy Mode and creating personal 4x speed maps be options you can have when you buy High Command ...no brain'r IMO > to create more profit and get the new wave of players to purchase High Command.

I have attached a screen shot of multiple tabs from one log in, which is not possible without 3 log in's on new UI

• You know, I've been playing this on and off for ages and I've introduced the game to several friends since the introduction of legacy mode. It's incredibly frustrating and the attempt to refine the design elements to look more 'modern', unfortunately, make it look incredibly dated as well muddiness that makes it difficult to look at.

The menu interfaces are just ginormous for the amount of information they give. Map states are difficult to survey at a glance and it seems like they always have a really hard time getting their units to land in the cities.

I'm pretty sure some of the people I invited would probably still play, at least once in a while, if they had access to the mode they've seen me playing.

The slick interface has an application for y'all's new game. I didn't even play through the tutorial because I just wouldn't want to play a game this long if that's what I have to deal with.

What's the deal, some executive insist this was the way of the future and now they can't acknowledge the egg on their face?

I'm kidding, but it really is unfortunate and disappointing that I have to direct my friends to what they will feel is a gimped version.

• It is so sad that they removed LEGACY MODE.

I have been playing this game on and off for many years now, and when I came back today, to my surprise: THE GAME HAD DIED!

Bye bye Supremacy,

Message me if you decide to bring back LEGACY MODE, if not, this is probably the last time I and many other players will be logging in.

Sad to see the death of a perfectly great game.

:(

• You can still play in legacy mode. Just enable it for your game and join accordingly.