[S1914] Legacy-Removal Feedback Thread

• Legacy mode took the same amount of resources as the main U.I, and only 5% of players used it. It improves the game by putting resources in other things to make supremacy greater, faster.

• Hi all players developers and admins,

now without the legacy mode is it not possible to make fine defin. in contrast between the troops and countries in war zones .

Its dimmed and not fine enough; to much overlapping in.fo

Also is it very slow in reaction .

I am not sure how and where to send troops .

It is to fat.

I will not more play this game even 12 years joined with fun.

"I quit until legacy mode is back ."

I will lost my maps nad also the fun at it.

"Very bad gaming experience "

• First of all, sorry if there is a mistake in the writing, I write with Google translator. I have been playing supremacy for many years and I did it almost always in legacy mode, except when I was playing on mobile. The reason for using legacy mode is because the scroll is better since the new interface gives me many problems on the computer, it takes me a long time to load and the scroll is worse and more difficult to use and it is also more difficult for me to control the territories when they are extensive, like the games of 100 and 500, but well I imagine that if I want to continue playing I will have to adapt to the new interface. Then I also wanted to expose the problem with the disintegration of the armies, tricks learned with games and games played, for example when you are attacked with a bomber you can digest the army by leaving one loose to avoid the attack (this implies being connected assiduously) But with the new interface it is impossible since the accumulation of armies in the same point makes it impossible to select them later, so from my point of view the interface has improved the view to the eye of this but to the detriment of the strategy and then in this. greetings and thanks for your time

• It has been announced for months, the day has come and it is very sad. I have been reading the chat of the Spanish and English server and many veterans, field marshall, levels 15-19, saying that they will play their last games and retire.

The motive of the bytro and developers is to make the game attractive, beautiful for children and new players, the legacy interface respected the simple, pleasant and helped the strategy.

Sad to see veterans who have been loyal for years retire because of this update.

• One of the problems is, in the chat, admins are defensively repeating it was announced while admitting that they are aware most players dont read release notes and news.

Such a major thing was really so impossible to announce via a pop-up, like the daily ones they have no problem in creating for GM offers??

• Legacy mode took the same amount of resources as the main U.I, and only 5% of players used it. It improves the game by putting resources in other things to make supremacy greater, faster.

Okay, just to ensure we don't turn this into a flaming thread, I'm going to put my two cents in here and leave it at that.

Firstly, let's drop the "only a very small portion of the players use Legacy mode" because we've already stated the reasons the number is so low.

I personally have a background in both Corporate Communications AND additionally in Computer Graphics with a specialization in Usability Issues. My time in those fields go back to 1982. In that time, I have worked with IBM, Microsoft, Novell, Corel, ATI Technologies, Dell and others mostly in a consultant role.

Now firstly, there is no such thing as an "expiry" date on software, I know several clients that are still working with versions of Lotus 1-2-3 on their computers and they're quite happy with them. Secondly, saying that the SAME resources are required to support Legacy as are required for the new UI is.....let's just say....stretching the truth. I know of one company that produces a niche product for a printing house client of mine and although they've updated and changed their product over the years, they STILL support the much older version and it ONLY requires time and expertise from one Software Engineer out of the 40 they have on staff.

Finally, the reason you are pushing the new UI is because you're trying to make it cross platform and you're encountering many difficulties in doing so and with eliminating Legacy you're trying to force the issue by having people become a Beta group for you to tell you what's wrong and offer suggestions on how to improve things that you haven't thought about. I would suggest other methods to accomplish this better but I suspect you have no intention of changing the direction you've chosen.

As said before by myself and other veteran players. The only reason this happened is because new players had no choice but to use the new U.I

If new players had the choice between the new UI or Legacy mode then Legacy would not be dying out. Legacy mode has been discontinued from support for like a year now and in my eyes the new UI still has to many problems and has not improved that much in that time span. So I'm hoping that progress will be made now that legacy is out of the window. If not then I will lose hope aswell and simply quit the game after years of playing

• By eliminating Legacy they can do this and more! Legacy is outdated and old. It took up too many resources from the dev team. Instead of working on two modes, they can work on improving one and introduce cross play. They can also make other improvements faster because they have more free developers. It's just like java mode. Outdated, and underused.

• The most constructive feedback to give is: implement a legacy graphics mode for the new version. Just clone it as close as possible in this new software that was impossible to avoid switching to. There is no difference between the modes in which the new one wins. Icon visibility, precission in picking a spot on a road, visibility of water waypoints, province management....even rounding up resource ammounts???

Did it seem a good idea at any point that, in order to confirm there are enough resources for a building, or how much is required to buy, players will need to hover over each individual resource, as the "5k" on the top means f****-all between 4900 and 5100????

We are begging you, just clone it. Its as accurate as we can give you. For ANY aspect or machanic of the game where the new and legacy versions were different, clone the legacy one. Cant miss, fellas

• Just a few comments.

1. As have been said many times before me and more eloquently, graphic simplicity. You've clogged it up so much that it's very difficult to micro manage units. A very simple way to do this would be to allow users to enable legacy style pins and units on the new version. It really feels like the new UI wasn't designed with the 500 player map in mind.

2. The province manager in the new version is really annoying to use once you have a few hundred provinces. You've sacrificed the simple and fantastic Paradox style province manager interface, to add some more superfluous sorting features. There is a reason Paradox in all of its GSG's doesn't try and make their province management screen clunky, because the people who use it aren't there to be pleased by pretty graphics and useless flashy buttons - they are trying to micro manage a lot of different things and need a good overview. At least allow a user to display more than 6 provinces simultaneously on the screen, it's maddening.

3. Bring back anonymous messages. Moderate it instead of just giving up because of toxic trolls, it adds so much depth and possibility to the diplomatic game.

4. Why have you made it so difficult to see if a player has left and gone AI? Are you just ashamed of how many players inevitably go this route? In legacy it clearly shows on the diplomacy tab when it has happened.

5. It's absurd to me that while legacy version doesn't exactly handle the 500 player map better in terms of CPU performance, it certainly doesn't handle it worse than the new version. Isn't half the point of updating systems, to increase performance? It seems to me like you have bottlenecked yourselves if you ever try to make a larger map.

• As said before by myself and other veteran players. The only reason this happened is because new players had no choice but to use the new U.I

If new players had the choice between the new UI or Legacy mode then Legacy would not be dying out. Legacy mode has been discontinued from support for like a year now and in my eyes the new UI still has to many problems and has not improved that much in that time span. So I'm hoping that progress will be made now that legacy is out of the window. If not then I will lose hope aswell and simply quit the game after years of playing

Dont forget that even for the ones that had the choice, that was hard to find. It took me a good week before i wondered "gee, what will this botton next to the huge PLAY one do?" If all players were given the choice, and the choice had been clear play-legacy mode / play-compatibility mode, and not just PLAY / mistery button, that suppossed 5% would be funny to see...

• Dont forget that even for the ones that had the choice, that was hard to find. It took me a good week before i wondered "gee, what will this botton next to the huge PLAY one do?" If all players were given the choice, and the choice had been clear play-legacy mode / play-compatibility mode, and not just PLAY / mistery button, that suppossed 5% would be funny to see...

Hard to find? It was right next to the play button and if you hovered your mouse on it, it said "Legacy mode". So not really a mistery button and not really hidden.

And the ones who had a choice means those are the ones who already played it before the new UI was even released so they all knew wich button to select to play Legacy mode.

• Oi what the hell why now they're changing the legacy mod they do the same thing with COW is unfair my laptop can't play now the game cos comsume all the ram and the processador the old visual mod was for persons who don't have good pc's or good phones plz restore back the legacy vercion of COW and supremacy

• Fools. No point in complaining. Removing this outdated mode just improves the game even more, you guys just have to adapt. Legacy took too many resources for 5%. You guys should be happy Bytro is attempting to improve the game by cutting off this obsolete mode. My desktop from 2010 can handle it, yours should too.

• Fools. No point in complaining. Removing this outdated mode just improves the game even more, you guys just have to adapt. Legacy took too many resources for 5%. You guys should be happy Bytro is attempting to improve the game by cutting off this obsolete mode. My desktop from 2010 can handle it, yours should too.

Indeed, maybe only a small percentage of players used the legacy mode, but Bytro has to take into account that the vast majority of these players have been playing for years and it is these that in a large part buy assiduously GM and high command and with it those who contribute to the maintenance of the game, this will suppose a reduction at least in the short term of the income of resources for said maintenance.

• Let's see:

Im writing in English and is not my mother language, so im sorry if it seems like im writing with my... Nose.. xD

Things to improve in the new mode (if legacy is really out the table):

Look at this images:

nuevo modo supremacy.PNG

1º image: By labels, It seems like i have some Artillery and some horses on battle. But i dont remember having a cavalry regiment... let's zoom in.

nuevo modo supremacy 2.PNG

2º image: What? the artillery (or tanks, or cars, or even Zeppelin) label now have changed to a tank label! And my horses? turns out they were 190 infantry? Oh! wait! i have 37 infantry with my indetermined-label war machines! But they werent there in the zoom out! :O

Well! Let's zoom in again!

3º image: OH! Now with a full zoom i can see another labels! now they are 13 artillery with 37 infantry, and another regiment with 188 infantry and... 2 horses? Really? only 2 horses? but the 1º label was a horse! (i dont know if you know what i mean here, what's my complain)

Now let's compare the legacy's mode with the actual:

In legacy's mode, one look at the map and you can see with whom im in war, wich country is my ally, wich one we're in peace, and of course the exact number of troops and war-machines they/I have.

Now the actual mode:

I can only know that im in war with the greens countries because the borders at frontier. But what happens with the troops? How can i Know that those blue labels are my enemies? i cannot. And what if the country im at war with is... Italy? we dont share borders, so.. i cant see it!

Also... It's difficult to see troops from another user in my enemy's territory, or see if they're my allies or enemy or none of it...

Im an active player of this game for 5 years uninterrupted, match after match, game after game. So many times i have played 7 matchs at the same time. And now i dont know how to play (or if i still playing), it is really sad...