questions game mechanics

• I just finished my first game. I have to say that I enjoyed the strategy part of the game. The mechanics seem to leave a lot to be desired. It says if I speed it up that it will cut my time in half but it never did that once. Most of the time not even close. I am not sure what the formula is but it should be easy to take the amount of time it takes and divide by 2. This gives half.

I also found that things are not updating correctly and I saw one result from a battle but then a little while later a different result will show up. it was weird I saw that at least four times where I lost armies almost to one troop left and then boom they are back to almost full. it usually happened when I arrived at a location to attack troops and the troops had a question mark and the question mark never went away. there were times I lost all my troops to a province that the question mark never went away so I never saw how many troops I was attacking. I am not sure if it is supposed to do that. I figured once I engage it would show this seemed reasonable.

I also notice that the stats are not updating properly or quickly. I am not sure how quick they are supposed to update but when my game ended it gave me one set up stats while the stats in the awards area, the place that shows my medals, never updated with the same stats.

Here is another question I have. I won 1st place in the game but I was in a coalition and the coalition took first place. I did get that reward. My individual score was the highest and well over the 1000 for solo win. Are we not able to win in both categories?

There were numerous other game mechanic issues as well. I did not log any of them but the ones I mentioned were frequent enough to bring up individually.

I found the game interesting enough after playing but the mechanics seem to need a lot of work. I spent some money, which is fine, but I do not like spending money when stated mechanics do not work as stated.

I am curious about the response from the company on my points. I am trying to decide if I am to keep going or not. thanks, in advance, for your feedback.

• For the first point I'm assuming you're referring to forced march. That increases the speed of your troops by 50% at the cost of 5% morale reduction per hour. A 50% speed increase would cut the travel time by 1/3, not 1/2. I think that may be where you are confused.

If the troop # shows a question mark that means those troops are located in a level 2 fort or higher. You won't see the # unless the fort is bombed down to a level 1 or completely destroyed. It's likely you attacked a level 3 or higher fort since you never saw the # of troops for the entire battle. You should never attack a high level fort with just infantry. You need ranged units like artillery, ships or planes to bomb it down before sending in melee units, otherwise you will get destroyed.

Stats can sometimes take weeks to update. Just have to be patient with that.

No you can't win both the solo and coalition reward... What would be the point of that? You can't simultaneously be a part of a coalition and solo...

There is nothing wrong with the mechanics, just things you didn't know about the game. Read the game manual and you will find all of this information.

• Another note to the winning condition. If you're part of a coalition and your individual score is over 1,000, you can leave the coalition and will automatically win the round as a solo player, but this practice is typically frowned upon. I tend to not agree since if you have more than 80% of your coalition's score you did the vast majority of the work any way, but everyone has their own opinion.

• I just finished my first game. I have to say that I enjoyed the strategy part of the game. The mechanics seem to leave a lot to be desired. It says if I speed it up that it will cut my time in half but it never did that once. Most of the time not even close. I am not sure what the formula is but it should be easy to take the amount of time it takes and divide by 2. This gives half.

If by "speed up" you mean forced march, then you should divide by 1.5 and not 2.
    It was never 2 ever since I'm playing this game.
    Game says if you speed up, you will move 50% faster. That is not the same as getting to your destination in 50% of the time (which would require moving 100% faster).

I also found that things are not updating correctly and I saw one result from a battle but then a little while later a different result will show up. it was weird I saw that at least four times where I lost armies almost to one troop left and then boom they are back to almost full. it usually happened when I arrived at a location to attack troops and the troops had a question mark and the question mark never went away. there were times I lost all my troops to a province that the question mark never went away so I never saw how many troops I was attacking. I am not sure if it is supposed to do that. I figured once I engage it would show this seemed reasonable.

Any fortress that is built up above level 1 (1.5+) will hide the troops in it. There could be anything from just 1 infantry or most of enemy forces. That's why reconnaisance is important.

And it also should be fresh one. If, for example, spy finds out there was just 1 infantry left hidden in fort then that might not be the case anymore many hours later, as enemy may have reinforced. But your info will show the old value for the rest of game day, because it's the best info you've got at that time other than a questionmark.

But I guess smashing in and seeing if you die or not is a form of reconnaisance in itself. :D

I also notice that the stats are not updating properly or quickly. I am not sure how quick they are supposed to update but when my game ended it gave me one set up stats while the stats in the awards area, the place that shows my medals, never updated with the same stats.

That is a known issue. This game has over a decade of history and was not created with such a large userbase in mind so stats have hard time updating due to sheer quantity.
    Don't worry. Stats will update, but will take a while.

Here is another question I have. I won 1st place in the game but I was in a coalition and the coalition took first place. I did get that reward. My individual score was the highest and well over the 1000 for solo win. Are we not able to win in both categories?

No, you can't win in both categories. You can't get the solo win in coalition, simply because being in coalition nullifies your status as being solo. Simply having more points in a coalition does not suddenly make you solo.
    You can, hovewer leave the coalition and make you such. In that case no coalition win.

There were numerous other game mechanic issues as well. I did not log any of them but the ones I mentioned were frequent enough to bring up individually.

I found the game interesting enough after playing but the mechanics seem to need a lot of work. I spent some money, which is fine, but I do not like spending money when stated mechanics do not work as stated.

Most of issues you claimed come from you not being familiar with mechanics. Understandable for a first game.
    Apart from statistics updates, if it shows any issues, then it's with Game Manual(<-that's a link) being either ignored or obscure.
    It's also on top bar of this forum between "Dashboard" and "Members"

index.php?eID=image&uid=7749721&mode=2

Edited 4 times, last by Forest_Dog: Minor clarification ().

• I am a fellow player, just to share my experience:

"It says if I speed it up that it will cut my time in half but it never did that once. Most of the time not even close. I am not sure what the formula is but it should be easy to take the amount of time it takes and divide by 2. This gives half."

- It says it increases speed by 50%, not reduce time by 50%.

- If it takes a car 1hr to travel 100km at 100km/h, increasing the speed by 50% to 150km/h doesn't not mean that the car can travel 100km in 0.5 hr.

"I also found that things are not updating correctly and I saw one result from a battle but then a little while later a different result will show up. it was weird I saw that at least four times where I lost armies almost to one troop left and then boom they are back to almost full. it usually happened when I arrived at a location to attack troops and the troops had a question mark and the question mark never went away. there were times I lost all my troops to a province that the question mark never went away so I never saw how many troops I was attacking. I am not sure if it is supposed to do that. I figured once I engage it would show this seemed reasonable."

- Fortresses at level 1.5 and above hide the troop information (thats why you see a '?').

"I also notice that the stats are not updating properly or quickly. I am not sure how quick they are supposed to update but when my game ended it gave me one set up stats while the stats in the awards area, the place that shows my medals, never updated with the same stats."

- This is a problem.. It is slow to update. The developers are working on it, but not sure how long it will take for it to be fixed.

"Here is another question I have. I won 1st place in the game but I was in a coalition and the coalition took first place. I did get that reward. My individual score was the highest and well over the 1000 for solo win. Are we not able to win in both categories?"

- Once you join a coalition, you are not eligible for individual win.

Any sufficiently advanced tactic is indistinguishable from magic to the uninitiated.

Edited once, last by ScaredyCat ().

• It says if I speed it up that it will cut my time in half but it never did that once. Most of the time not even close. I am not sure what the formula is but it should be easy to take the amount of time it takes and divide by 2. This gives half.

Speed up what? What times? I cannot tell what you're referring to here.

here were times I lost all my troops to a province that the question mark never went away so I never saw how many troops I was attacking. I am not sure if it is supposed to do that.

Yes it is supposed to do that, fortresses above level 1.5 will hide their garrison. The manual and the build guide also mention this.

I figured once I engage it would show this seemed reasonable.

I disagree - attacking a completely unknown force seems very unreasonable to me if only from a common sense point of view.

Yeah, they do that. Stats updating infrequently has good tradition in this game. They are supposedly working on a fix at the moment, but eh. Don't hold your breath if you want my opinion.

No. Either solo or coalition.

I am curious about the response from the company on my points.

Do NOT hold your breath on this either. You will perish if you do.

• I am leaving this here because I can't seem to form my own thread.

Suggestion 1. Allow for mass construction of units and all buildings including fortresses which are currently not allowed to be mass constructed.

Suggestion 2. Allow for mass enabling and disabling of buildings. In one of my games I have more troops than I can feed and therefor making food intake unattainable creating a domino effect on morale and other resources. If I could mass disable 100s of recruitment centers it would help.

Suggestion 3. Allow Genocide to help mitigate the above situation?

Suggestion 4. Lower morale effects on things or at least make it so a domino effect can be mitigated stopped or otherwise handled. Perhaps Stationed defensive troops don't count towards army until in motion? Or don't cost food until being used? I could theoretically lose 100's of provinces just because of my army size and chain of resource instability due to that fact.

• This is already a function.

You can achieve both points 1 and 2, by going to the 'province administration' tab, and selecting multiple provinces, then constructing/enabling/disabling industries in the multi-selected provinces. On PC. I assume the same function exists on the Mobile platform.

• Hey guys,

i won with coalition in game num 6407795

i got the goldmarks but it is not showing on my player info.

it was for 1 day and gone.

can you please fix it?

• я хочу узнать если бомбардировщик был отправлен в атаку на корабль в море и он плывёт на погрузном судне. Как он будет атаковать цель в виде грузового судна или как бомбардировщик ?

• я хочу узнать если бомбардировщик был отправлен в атаку на корабль в море и он плывёт на погрузном судне. Как он будет атаковать цель в виде грузового судна или как бомбардировщик ?

I think it will attack as a cargo transport ship but it will have hitpoints of a bomber... always best to attack using an airfield , swimming planes are vulnerable and will not do same damage of 30 that a bomber should do

Google Translation >

Code
    1. Я думаю, что он будет атаковать как грузовой транспортный корабль, но у него будут очки жизни бомбардировщика... всегда лучше атаковать с аэродрома, плавающие самолеты уязвимы и не нанесут того же урона в 30, что и бомбардировщик.

index.php?eID=image&uid=11763503&mode=2

Embrace your true nature , enjoy games and have fun!

• Data from two (2) of my last games has not been added to my total accomplishments.

Game 6583572 was a coalition win. I played Northern Russia and I finished with 799 victory points (overall 1st place out of 31). Our coalition finished with 1620 victory points.

Game 6624428 was also a coalition win. I played French Madagascar and finished with 133 victory points (overall 7th place out of 100). Our coalition finished with 1558 victory points.

I didn't get any increase in my total Military Rank, or my Economic Rank for either game, and the two victories are not recognized in my total victories (I should have 1 solo and 6 coalition victories). Can you please give me credit for what I accomplished?