Stats not updating - Official announcement

• Attention Generals!

At the moment, a number of players' stats appear to be frozen and XP is not being gained at the correct rate.

Our developers are working on having this resolved as quickly as possible, and while we can't provide a timeline for this, we can assure you that it is a top-priority task.

Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Your Bytro Team

• do you expect to address our concerns?

What happens if a game disappears from the archives (and therefore from the system) and the statistics have not yet been updated ?

This would mean that some fast events (speed*10 for example) were played during the stats bug and will be removed from the archives before this is fixed.

• Attention Generals!

At the moment, a number of players' stats appear to be frozen and XP is not being gained at the correct rate.

Our developers are working on having this resolved as quickly as possible, and while we can't provide a timeline for this, we can assure you that it is a top-priority task.

Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Your Bytro Team

When you say "a number of players", do you mean all of them? And when you say "not being gained at the correct rate", do you mean not being gained at all?

• My stats updated. It's possible they are up to date now. Hopefully everyone else's updated too.

I did get some points, but far less than I earned in the several months the system was completely down. I think they have no way of tracking the points in games past a certain date of expiration and they will just be lost forever.

I played in at least 3 games, won them all and had kill counts of something like 4K or more each game. Even if those were all infantry, that would be 12K points, but of course I killed railguns, artillery, tanks, battleships, cruisers, etc. I received about 6K points probably only a third or less of actually earned points.

• I noticed some of the missing points have been awarded, but the Kills/Deaths and Provinces Won/Lost numbers have not been updated. Will the remainder of the missing XP points be awarded and will the K/D and W/L stats be updated?

• I don't expect any stats to be lost. The solution we did this time was only a bandaid, cos the underlying system is still causing troubles. But this should get fixed once we migrate to the new stats system ("soon").

• Fingers crossed that this is not the same "soon" that we've been told for the last year plus. I will be very thankful if/when the system is finally fixed. The game is only as strong as its weakest link and therefore no amount of tweaks to the game mechanics will offset the diminution of enjoyability the broken stats system causes, imo. I say all this out of love for the game and I thank you for diligently working on the problem.

• I have little doubt of your dedication to solve the task at hand Freezy, but this continues to be the biggest thorn in every players side.
    Can we expect a rough time line at some point of when we can start looking for these improvements in reporting? The definition of 'soon' is fairly worn out at this point.

A half truth is merely a half lie.

• It's been 2 months since the announcement - any progress?

I'll be absolutely shocked if a developer actually deigns to reply to this comment.

Prediction: crickets

If addressing primary concerns from the player base is not a priority of the Bytro agenda, perhaps we could be informed as to what is far more important so we can get a better understanding of this issue.
    I could get behind an improvement that is earth shattering to allow my stats to lay dormant now for months.

• This is a rather delicate topic, as you can imagine. Stats are important. We don't want to risk losing anything and do this properly. This means this will not only be a general bug fix, but a change in how the stats are handled compared to the past to make the stats update more reliable. This is why it takes so long.

We thought we were almost done, only to find some issues during the last test before the release, which put the topic back into development. This is a high-priority issue on our end, and the team is working for quite some time on this.

• One question: some of my victories are not counted. This can be fixed?

Same here. I'm missing one victory. I have had two victories less than games entered - one L for accepting early retirement as a noob and one for the game I'm playing (I always play one game at a time). Then I had 3 less wins than games entered. I submitted a help desk ticket a month ago, received no reply, then seemingly randomly a solo victory plus another game entered appeared in my stats. Seems like they just added game manually and counted it as a solo victory.

I've played less than 20 games total so it would be easy to just check my game history and correct the games entered, solo victories and coalition victories. I submitted another help request. I will update what happens in this thread.

• The stats program is based off from the games played. If the stats are not updating, then the games are not logged yet to extract them from. They fix this and everything should update.