Critical issues about the Frontline Map when compared with Legacy.

• Oh I have far more arguments to justify the historical accuracy of countries trading armaments but the difficulty is that you are being willfully obtuse and therefore there is no argument.

• Oh I have far more arguments to justify the historical accuracy of countries trading armaments but the difficulty is that you are being willfully obtuse and therefore there is no argument.

Obtuse? I'm not the one who's recurring to images with cats to avoid replying about the issue of trade of armaments AND soldiers and how unrealistic is that...

Demonaire
    ES. EN & PT Game Operator

Bytro Labs | Supremacy 1914

b78//+

All the things you need to play this game can be found here, here and here.

Do you want to experience new ways to enjoy Supremacy 1914? Click here and here.

Have you problems with the game? Send a ticket.

• well to fisnih that: look at Halliburn, Blackwaters, Accademy

Same for condotierre and mercenaries in years

they do not have alliance to anything but money

it does not matter if you are french or Russian

you are paid- you fight

if you pay for years like Americans in Iraq and Afghanistan , then troops fight there for decades till they are dead

• Obtuse? I'm not the one who's recurring to images with cats to avoid replying about the issue of trade of armaments AND soldiers and how unrealistic is that...

Cat soldiers are no more fantastic than these invisible magical soldiers you seem to imagine accompanying the mech items in this game. IF we're realistic, could not the magical soldiers you're "seeing" go home and more magical soldiers from the receiving country take over from them?

• Even mercenaries are gone once a war is over. That didn't happen with troops trade: once traded, those troops were yours forever.

You continue quoting a lot of examples that doesn't really fit with the concept used for troops trading. The closer thing for that are soldiers serving for more than one army or serving for a foreign army (Adolf Hitler, Lauri Törni, Alpo Martinnen). What's more, the closest thing are the Foreign Legions (French, Spanish, etc.) but, again, recruits didn't arrive by government orders nor have their nationality stripped (although some countries did establish that rule) nor had any problem to retire from those armies once their service was made.

I guess we can ban trading infs, but all other units should be tradable

simple bolean ( is inf or not) will do :-)

Demonaire happy with his arguments while we have what we need to stop cheaters

No, because, as I explained Furry (explanation he couldn't understand), you not only trade armaments: you also trade the operators.

And coming back to the mechanical issues (the ones matters more here whatsoever), I repeat what I said before: features aren't made for the ones who break the rules, but the ones who follow them, and there is no way to avoid the cheaters also use troops trade. And about that, I could argue those cheaters made a better work using that troops trade than you, considering devs prefered to ban that trade instead of using it to fight against cheaters.

Greetings.

Demonaire

b78//+

Do you want to experience new ways to enjoy Supremacy 1914? Click here and here.

• tbh I always saw infantry trade more as trade of small arms and equipment, during my RP's

Which is ironic, since that trade save you from paying 20 tons of grain by the upkeep per unit.

I mean, since when is a cannon feeded with bread?8o

Demonaire

b78//+

• Which is ironic, since that trade save you from paying 20 tons of grain by the upkeep per unit.

I guess someone has to fire that cannon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HA8kSdsf_M

Soldiers! don't give yourselves to brutes

men who despise you, enslave you

who regiment your lives, tell you what to do

what to think and what to feel!

Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle,

use you as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men

machine men with machine minds and machine hearts!

• Which is ironic, since that trade save you from paying 20 tons of grain by the upkeep per unit.

Well I fire the soldier that used to use those small arms offcourse ;). Why would I keep around a unarmed soldier?

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• Well I fire the soldier that used to use those small arms offcourse ;). Why would I keep around a unarmed soldier?

The question is: you can't fire him, you ought to transfer him. Which, at its turn, returns us back to the problem of transfering soldiers' nationality as if it's nothing.

Had the artillery costs only the 5 oil as upkeep, you would have to be right.

Demonaire

b78//+

• The question is: you can't fire him, you ought to transfer him. Which, at its turn, returns us back to the problem of transfering soldiers' nationality as if it's nothing.

Had the artillery costs only the 5 oil as upkeep, you would have to be right.

you could also say the upkeep is the upkeep to keep then clean, store them , storage employees? I still think of trading units as trading the arms they used. Storing weapons isn't free either just like storing any other goods. In the industry knowns as storage risks and storage costs.

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Okay, this has got to be one of the silliest arguments justifying the removal of trading units.

Let's propose an arms trade step by step, shall we?

In a match, German Empire would like to buy 10 Artillery units from America (doesn't matter which one, choose one)

America agrees and the trade is agreed 20,000 Silver for 10 Artillery units.

The moment the trade is done, here is what has happened.

German Empire has sent over men to receive the artillery units and German Empire is now paying 200 units (you are assuming tons) of grain per day along with 50 units of Oil per day.

The moment the transaction is completed the imaginary, invisible American men attached to the artillery pieces are relieved of their duties in helping transfer the hardware and go home to be replaced by imaginary, invisible German men.

Ergo, the need for German empire to NOW pay 200 units of grain per day for the artillery units. America NO LONGER is paying 200 units of grain or 50 units of oil for upkeep of 10 artillery pieces they have sold.

• there is simple way to test those things

start an event in which players can play chosen map with unit trade

count how quickly this map will fill comparing to maps without unit trade

it is not players who do not want unit trade, but bytro

• Bytro wants it but can't handle the tickets and cheaters who use it. In my time I've seen a lot of features go because they were abused...

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• that is a problem with cheaters, multis, friendpacks ,wolfpacks,sitters and account-pushing

not with a feature itself. tbh that feature was the only means to fight all above but now is gone and we are on mercy of groups from above. unless someone will spawn you golden army from a good hearth.

ie decision to release all exploits was a very good one as for 10 years noone could handle them properly while the cheaters were free to use them without any responsibility. Now, when everyone is abel to sue them and community learns them - people are more capable of fighting cheaters on their own.

It would be the same with sharing troops as this gives common users edge in fighting cheaters.

Same comes to sitters- users need means to fight them as I havent seen single sitter banned despite I have reported over 30. System similar to other games , where people are not limited by personal activity, should be introduced too.

• It's an continious battle with no right or wrong. So we're bount to opinions. and inthe end the opinion of bytro is the one that leads. same reason why pictures in newspapers were removed, why the new games don't have custom flags, ... Endless battle

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• 1. As you can see, I can outfocus the map in Legacy almost totally, that allows comfort to the user when he needs to manages troops in the extremes of the map. In Frontline, that's not longer possible and that comfort disappear (we need to zoom in to do the same management

This, by the way, is still a bummer and a half for pete's sake.

Also quite funny how those early screenshots actually containt features that were helpful and then removed, like the white line connecting the sprites to the actual ingame location and sprites at least trying to get out of the way of one another, albeit neither of these implementations are especially breathtaking. It's still just baffling that they were both just pulled while all of the actual feedback here remained untouched.

• The white lines connecting the sprite to the actual position are still in the game. Same as the mechanic that visually pushes army images away from eachother, also still in the game (of course not possible anymore at some point when you have 20 armies in the same spot). I can see both of them in effect in my games.

When I look at those early screenshots the map nowadays looks much more pleasing imo, back then it looked more straining to the eye (too shiny oceans for example), and map icons / army labels were of less quality.