Usage of Goldmarks

• I was playing a game of Supremacy1914, I opened to stock market to buy some oil from other players, but I accidentally clicked on the "Resource Offer" button (the one that spends Goldmarks for resources). The game instantly spent 2,000 of my Goldmarks without even giving me an "are you sure" warning or anything. I haven't used the oil I bought with those Goldmarks. Is there a way to reverse it? If not, is there a way I can prevent this from ever happening again?

Please, b78//+

• most of game currencies in any kind of game are spent by misclicks. why to stop players from spending them that way?

I myself misclicked Uncover Armeis 20 times in a row as I was sure I am buying spies.... noone ever gave me back my 33 k GMs :-)

but try to appeal, you never know

• and the sollution would be so simple "confirmation message"which for the people that do spend a lot can be disabled in the settings. It's been pointed out several times. Many other games have it some don't. To my knowledge appealing can't be done as its hard to proof if it was an accident. And the resources might already have seen their use

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• Unfortunately I am sure Bytro gain quite a significant income out of accidental clicks. I have lost count of the amount of GM I have spent unintentionally. It's way too easy to click the wrong button - the GM buttons are placed prominently and close to other buttons you would click on a lot - this is no accident. It is very clever placement and a way to increase sales, I would be very surprised if Bytro would want to add a warning message as it would decrease their income.

• i have spent thousands of gold marks by accident on my iphone. The buttons are huge, easy to press by accient and their is no confirmation.

IT IS A RIP OFF.

I will NEVER EVER BUY GOLD MARKS. EVER. until this is fixed. There is no reason to not have a confirmation when spend rl currency like this aside from either being too lazy to code it or just wanting to grift what ever extra cash they can.

It really sucks. Why buy gold marks if there is a 50/50 chance they will just be wasted.

I'm glad i hadn't voted on the iphone app yet. I love this game but its going from 5 stars to 3 because of this.

And no, i shouldn't have to appeal for my money back. This shouldnt be how it works in the first place, spending gold marks to do things should be an exception.. not an accident. Its either a truely stupid game design or an brilliant game design, either way i am severely disappointed.

• Your anger is understandable and I will pass it on. The main reason such button does not exist is actually because according to our game designers and marketing guys such pop up would annoy more then that accidently spending annoys.

Such pop ups would have to be used to frequently when doing stuff e.g. speeding up buildings you speed up 12hours at a time if you need to speed up 2 days you'd be met with 4 times this pop up. Making true spending annoying which they from a marketing perspective find a bad idea.

This is the reasoning why such button does not exist and is not planned. I do however argue you could make a settings option whether or not you want such comfirmation button

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• I will NEVER EVER BUY GOLD MARKS. EVER. until this is fixed. There is no reason to not have a confirmation when spend rl currency like this aside from either being too lazy to code it or just wanting to grift what ever extra cash they can.

I think it's mainly "just wanting to grift what ever extra cash they can" but it also has some "being too lazy" powder in it.

They say setting a confirmation button for GM use is a "bad idea from marketing perspective". However, we already came with different ideas on how to solve that issue, for example, a "Don't show this again" for those whales that want to spend 5.000.000 GM on a round. Even other ideas have been brought to the table, there's just no interest in solving players problems.

That's why it's mainly "just wanting to grift what ever extra cash they can".

Don't bother, they DON'T WANT to listen.

Plain and simple.

PS: The new design has set it's priorities, you can barely understand what's happening, but hey, if you want to use gold, the button is a quarter of your screen so they make sure you won't miss it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HA8kSdsf_M

Soldiers! don't give yourselves to brutes

men who despise you, enslave you

who regiment your lives, tell you what to do

what to think and what to feel!

Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle,

use you as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men

machine men with machine minds and machine hearts!

• Your anger is understandable and I will pass it on. The main reason such button does not exist is actually because according to our game designers and marketing guys such pop up would annoy more then that accidently spending annoys.

Such pop ups would have to be used to frequently when doing stuff e.g. speeding up buildings you speed up 12hours at a time if you need to speed up 2 days you'd be met with 4 times this pop up. Making true spending annoying which they from a marketing perspective find a bad idea.

This is the reasoning why such button does not exist and is not planned. I do however argue you could make a settings option whether or not you want such comfirmation button

Ok Namer, I know your just toeing the line so im not actually upset with you trying to explain things. But come on. A simple double tap would ease the frustration, and i dont think it would really impact the speed of those who just want to dump cash. Tap... vs tap tap (or in your case. Tap tap vs tap tap tap tap.... isnt really that major of a time difference, not compared to having to deposit more money and how much time that takes after you spend a bunch on something you dont need totally by accident because your finger shifted on the screen. Or YES put it in the settings were you can turn off and on the confirmation button. Id leave confirmation off on my computer but turn it on on my cell, perhaps on on my iPad....but its not such a major issue there.

The excuse of "we do it for you the customers" is like cook saying they never clean thier cooking equipment because "people wouldnt like it if they couldnt eat cause we were cleaning". FU!

Its all about the money. They want it as fast as they can get it in any way they can. They run a business, i dont blame them for wanting to make money. I like money too. I just like having a choice where i spend my money. Heck, im gonna keep playing. i just wont be depositing any of my own money into thier game until they fix this.. and i will be vocul about my displeasure cause this sorta behavior against thier own fan base really irks me.

• i dont think it would really impact the speed of those who just want to dump cash. Tap... vs tap tap (or in your case. Tap tap vs tap tap tap tap.... isnt really that major of a time difference

You are wrong.

I was up against a big spender (who only joined thatgame to take revenge, because I beat him earlier) and was only minutes from taking his 2nd last factory site and 20 minutes from taking his last provinces.

I owned everything from North Africa (southern end of the map) to Scandinavia (northern end of the map), except some Middle eastern parts and Russia, owned by my ally. The USA had a player, who remained rather neutral.

My enemy owned onl 2 factories and 2 more provinces in Spain.

You think I won?

Nope.

I lost :)))

But he spend many, many millions of gold to stop me.

Had he had to click confirm everytime he produced a missile (100's of 'm), he could not have produced a 3rd, maybe not a 1/4th even, alongside 10's of Tacs + fighters, HT's etc. andsoforth.

Not forgetting that he sabotaged away all airfields up to deep in France, Italy and North Africa, to stop my bombings. Mind you, airfields level 3 in fully maxed out cities....

His super fast production saved him and he would not have made it with only a 1/4th of what he so rapidly produced.

Do I mind? No! I made the game very, very, very expensive for him :))) That is a kind of victory too.

Ofc, I would rather have won, which I would have if he had gotten on 20 minutes later.

So, yes, pls introduce that button. Not for the LD's of this game, but to slow down the enemy hahahaha.

• Look i dont know if your joking, hard to tell if thats sarcasm or not.

But i dont understand what is so hard about putting a toggle in the settings where i can turn on and off one click gold marks.

That way the people who want to fast spend can, And those that dont can opt out.

Like if i spend $50 and want to mass produce stuff, i can toggle the confirm off. Buy Buy Buy. Then when i get to my last 5K gold marks turn on the cofirm again so i can "bank" my remaining gold and not worry about a stray thumb movement from wasting it.

This really is perhaps more of an issue for those of us playing on mobile apps like iPhones.

I AM NOT complaining about people using gold marks. I think they are a valid part of the game. I just think it sucks that the layout on mobile apps leads to accidental spending of GM, when there are such easy (generally speaking) fixes.

• I concur with 'grifting' aspect on BYTRO's part,

I was attempting to deploy red spy's (military Sabotage), I have 32 m silver in this map, but when I clicked on red spy, the screen jumped up and Bytro has it so I spent GM's 6x on reveal all armies for the same country in about 2 minutes, basically every 2nd spy I deployed the screen jumped and I was spending gm's...I never use gold for such a thing this is part of Bytro's 'grifting' business plan...they seek to run a well dry and then find a new well to run dry with no care of loyal clients...

https://prnt.sc/pg212t

Lightshot Screenshot PKF_ALITTAuS9DU_5sY8pA.png?width=500&height=21

why would I spend gold 6x to reveal all armies on same country?

index.php?eID=image&uid=11763503&mode=2

Embrace your true nature , enjoy games and have fun!