[S1914] Legacy-Removal Feedback Thread

• 1. If you want to specify which aspect keep you from playing it we can look into how this can be improved.

#1 Banners are cluttering the battle field , please give us 'Tactical army display option" instead of huge banners

#2 Banners and huge units obscure weigh points on land and especially on Sea

#3 Province admin panel only displays 6 provinces, which is fine for small maps, for the 100 and 500 maps this small display are instead of 10 provinces cause 2x as much work to accomplish same tasks, give us more provinces in the display of province admin panel

#4 Path finding is still broken when splitting units on UI/ Revamp display, units get stuck in motion but never move

#5 In order to have little lag I must go to Settings and click Low Graphics Display Option, then wait for game to load again, Low Display should be the Default , not the display which drains your device...

#6 when selecting Low Graphics Display, Province names display option does not work., most of time the province names are only for sharing Screen shots or looking up Provinces with Ctrl + F from Newspaper or Spy reports , have no option on Low Graphics display is another few clicks to get back to Default of High Graphics , then the #5 starts again.

#7 Having several maps open requires logging into S1914 on separate tabs other wise you can not open more than one map, each map you open you have to wait (lag) and then after selecting Low Graphics Display, you have to wait some more, Very clunky and annoying to enter so many log in tabs rather than the select map and new tab pops open .

I do not want to file Reports and get 'scripted response" Legacy was usable and this REVAMP is clunky and after waiting 2 yrs for this roll out it is unbelievable to me that Tatical Armies was not an option as it was when it was first rolled out, Unbelievable that you want to get rid of your computer players which have supported this game for years and told thousands of newbie players what day factories are available, only thing I like about Revamp is the time until day change is displayed on the screen... since I am a s1914 'Junkie' I will adapt and continue to make suggestions which I have learned is mostly ignored by Bytro.

Last But not Least...we are in 3rd round, 3 months into a 6 month AWT Alliance Tournament, already alliances are dropping out of Tournament, Thank you so much for Implementing this change and so many other spastic updates which have had huge effect on our AWT Alliance Tournament, another great job from the Powers that are Bytro in Germany, just happy I am not a volunteer and being forced into making the apologies for this one :)

index.php?eID=image&uid=11763503&mode=2

Embrace your true nature , enjoy games and have fun!

• Go back to legacy mode, the current one is confusing and doesn't make you want to play.

unfortunately i dont think this is an option anymore, i think it is better we give our input on how to improve the current ui and the low graphics mode it comes with. it has come along way from how it once was, please join us in improving it still by giving us constructive criticism on how we can make it better :)

All is fair in love and war

• 1. too many bugs in revamp. I cannot make trades, my units turn into enemy units for some time and i cannot use them. very confusing ....

2. it is too hard to pick up unit you want and somehow direct it towards opponent's army

3. i m not able to fight any more. lags cause game not to process my requests, on top on that i cannot control my units properly and target enemy troops easily. I never know which units is closer to town.

4. lags while moving through the map. how is it possible i cannot move from spain to france in 500 revamp without being lagged 5 times?

5. when i open couple of maps I start to have some serious issues with display at all of them.

-7 in scale to 10

only good thing is I can smell dozen new battle bugs that I want to test

I hope my opponents are as badly affected as I am as and they will not start new offensives

in general I wanted to ask if I it is possible to get my money back for HC as it also doesnt work....I bought HC to save my real time but now I am forced to sit in a game all the time because all of the issues with servers , HC and revamp.

• Oof, this thread. Wee bit of a mixed reaction, to say the least :/

Personally I'm going to miss Legacy mode, I'm rather nostalgic for it after playing with it for 6-7 years at this point. :(

I do appreciate that the devs have kept it around for as long as they have, I know a lot of work has gone into keeping it going as well as making the new version. And I'm sure I'll eventually get used to using the newer version like all things that change, but I'm also currently in the camp of somewhat disliking having to use it at the moment at least for a couple reasons.

First off would be the lag I get sometimes, in my experience the new version fixed a lot of the lag from the old version: In particular I've found scrolling the map is mostly smoother and faster overall compared to legacy. But I've found that I still can try scrolling just a bit and then end up on the other side of the world and now sometimes lag/glitch when zooming in and out at times, the tab I have the game open in will zoom instead of the game.

Honestly, not really an impact that much just thought I'd mention it.

Secondly, my main issue with using the new version; as seems to be the case with many others in this thread would be the way units are displayed now. It just seems clunky and cluttered in my opinion at least. See below as an example in comparison:

snap6.PNG?width=449&height=513unknown.png

In legacy, each unit in a stack would be represented by a number with a very simple icon next to it of each unit type, with its location on the made clear by the unit itself sitting in that location or pointed to by a clear line. Allowing you to see everything and determine a situation fairly easily at most zoom levels imo. In the new version, stacks of units are represented on the map by a model of what is regarded as the most powerful/important unit in that stack, then with a hovering bit that shows you the numbers of mechs/infantry in that stack.

I dont like this, for one thing. The models, in particular large one like the battleships make the map look very messy and/or take up too much space. They often end up jumping onto land if the ships get too close to coastal areas. Even if you turn off the viewing of armies they stay on the map. Like, why. unknown.png?width=961&height=513Besides that, there's also the fact you have to zoom in very close or click on a stack to see what its made up of in full detail. It might be a nitpick on my part, but to me you should be able to see this information while zoomed farther out then this. Its not so bad when your dealing with small fronts but I'd imagine in the late game where your fighting on a massive scale it'd be tiresome to keep swinging back and forth to see this stuff.

unknown.png?width=1200&height=504

Having an option to switch unit views between a modeled version and a modeless version with just the stack details and icons in something akin to legacy mode would be pretty nice, it seems like it would be possible since if you zoom out far enough the models disappear and you just get an icon for the stacks anyway.

unknown.png

Something like but with the full stack details would be amazing imo. Combined with maybe the return of a pins mode and and the use of the low graphics setting I think a lot of legacy players would feel right at home. (I'd recommend switching it on for anyone missing the old province/ocean look. It actually looks really good to me)

unknown.png

I guess that's all I'd have to say, was trying to be constructive but might've just sounded dumb Idk :P

• i think almost all of you have been very constructive with your suggestions and comments which i highly appreciate!

all of these will surely be noted and will affect how we improve in the future to give you guys a better gaming experience

All is fair in love and war

• Note for developers - many more players see the same points. But not all use the forum.

My english is to bad for a full post, but the others tell enough. less graphic, a bit more simple, clear colors. For strategy you need a fast look to handle your war.

One example - 500 inf against a city. split them into 10x50...can you give orders to every single army, or did you see a unclickable bush of white labels?^^

2. zoom a half out. If you have a mech, rider or tank in your city (enemy city) - you cannot see industry, port, castle, whatever...

for this look you have to zoom in, every city.

• 500 maps completely unplayable on PC. one must assume it is even worse on mobile devices and laptops.

overlapping banner where you have huge issue picking up your troops not the enemy ones or vice versa

lags as a standard here cause huge delays in simple selection of units

move ie planes from point 1 to point b takes weeks in clicking

terrible terrible, can go back to Java version?

• i think almost all of you have been very constructive with your suggestions and comments which i highly appreciate!

all of these will surely be noted and will affect how we improve in the future to give you guys a better gaming experience

in my original server over half of people ( not multi-accounts or 1-game accounts but real playing humans behind accounts) already left or is leaving ( closing maps) because of revamp

Doesn't seem to me they are interested in any feedback notes or testing that 'thing'.

Using players and clients as testers tends not to be appreciated by them .

• it would be of much help to us in reading your feedback if it was in english :) thanks

sorry i don't speak english very well...

in short: legacy is a hundred times more understandable, huge images and it is not clear where the troops are (look the photo). in the legacy i use the "pins" and i had no problems....

after 7 years i'll probably stop...

goodbye, au revoir, addio, adìos....

Feldmaresciallo Danjjj, italian player, E L 1 T 3 leader.

• what he meant is :

it is waste of our time to struggle against new interface which is chaotic

we lose way more time fighting interface than playing actual game

and time is the only thing player doesnt have so wasting it trying to to do simple things like unit selection is not an option

if I wanted to play something like revamp i would go for facebook games with popus, bubbles and point-click options everywhere.

I am just curious- revamp will go out of date at some point. when do you plan to replace it with something else?That would be a good time for players like danjjj to come back and have a look at things

• Just another comment as i'm forced to use this new mode... This truly is unplayable. I literally can't even click on those enemy stacks(shown below) to see their size, they are too close to my own units - both the ones attacking my province and the ones sitting in their own province.

I also can barely see any of my precise unit sizes without clicking the stack... It's so unwieldy... I'm just lucky I only have to suffer this a few more days until my game ends.

EDIT: Added more screenshots.

It's amazing really. A strategy game where the real work as a general is to figure out where your troops even are.

• 1. If you want to specify which aspect keep you from playing it we can look into how this can be improved.

Basically what Hastings said earlier..

#1 Banners are cluttering the battle field , please give us 'Tactical army display option" instead of huge banners

#2 Banners and huge 3D units obscure weigh points on land and especially on Sea

#3 Province admin panel only displays 6 provinces, which is fine for small maps, for the 100 and 500 maps this small display are instead of 10 provinces cause 2x as much work to accomplish same tasks, give us more provinces in the display of province admin panel - Minimize the province panel so it doesn't cover screen.

#4 Path finding is still broken when splitting units on UI/ Revamp display, units get stuck in motion but never move

#5 Having several maps open requires logging into S1914 on separate tabs other wise you can not open more than one map, each map you open you have to wait (lag) and then after selecting Low Graphics Display, you have to wait some more, Very clunky and annoying to enter so many log in tabs rather than the select map and new tab pops open .

• One thing that I really appreciated in Legacy was the option to switch to pins. I think this will be a great addition to the current UI as a homage to the original java UI. Would probably fit better than in legacy actually.

It could also increase the performance on 500 map, as currently the tags bug and do not display information when high number of individual stacks are present.

• 1. give option to completely hide models and leave only banners. I would wage 100 k $ that your models are to heavy

2. person responsible for introduction of that new revamp should start 500 map on english server and play it till the end using revamp. I think there is no better way to explain to t hat person what are multiple problems of his design. Gold Rush 500 last 14 days- should be enough for developer to see straight away all issues.

3. remove tracking route of troops with red-white strips. One, not animated color to improve optimization

4. ability to completely switch off models and banners so I do not have lags and can do simcity and spies.

5. people should be able to move unit A to the point where unit B stands without overshooting that point by many kilometers, precision of mouse click has to be established

6. in general UI should be user friendly and not fight back when user tries to use it

7. Optimization - it does not exist for 500 maps that is why I believe option to remove models and using only banners in 500 should help a lot.

8. way more testing on bytro part, devs and designers have to play too to understand what they have created as current version is more like beta

and beta is beta than nothing

• Code
    1. I read the posts and the players have been complaining for months / years what they don't like about the new mode ...
    2. The graphic! And with the new graphics the poor overview of the map and the wars to be waged followed.
    3. As a comment from the administrator / support etc. always comes the same -> tell us what we can improve!
    4. Prove to us that you listen and value the opinion of the community! Don't make the game complicated! Make it easy with simple graphics!
  • I've been playing S1914 since 2013, 8 years as a loyal customer, I have seen quite a few developments over that time and have enjoyed playing in hundreds of games over many hundreds of hours.

When the new version was introduced i gave lots of very detailed feedback but almost nothing has changed and it is as unplayable now as it was then.

I understand that Bytro must be able to save a lot of money by putting all of their games on the same sup-engine the build for Call of War and Conflict of Nations but they are poor games with unfriendly UI's too.

As legacy goes so do I.

• Legacy will not be reimplemented as the reason behind its removal was that it runs seperately from the standard mode and eats up too much ressources regarding maintenance. We can however adjust the standard client in order to better reflect the look of legacy if legacy fans provide us with conrete points that we can work on in order to make it happen.
    Thanks for pointing out the border issues.

Maybe just make the new mode an exact copy of the legacy mode but with better tecnology

• unfortunately i dont think this is an option anymore, i think it is better we give our input on how to improve the current ui and the low graphics mode it comes with. it has come along way from how it once was, please join us in improving it still by giving us constructive criticism on how we can make it better :)

The only way to improve the new mode is to make it look exactly the same like the legacy mode