[RPU] Kaiserreich: Legacy of The Weltkrieg Roleplay
Some of our lore
Note: Certain Aspects of Kaiserreich Canon are changed for balancing purposes.
On the 7th of May 1915, a German Submarine sinks the RMS Lusitania. In our timeline the Germans then begin a campaign of Unrestricted Submarine warfare, in the Kaiserriech timeline, they do not. The war continues on much the same as it did in our timeline until around 1918. The absence of unrestricted Submarine warfare means that the Americans do not enter the war in Europe.
The Final German offensive of World War I succeeds and Paris falls to the Germans. The United Kingdom evacuates their troops before the French surrender and continue a war at sea for a few years, but they eventually sign the "Peace with Honor" effectively ending WWI or as it is known in Kaiserriech, Der Weltkrieg.
Following the War, The German Empire decides to intervene in the Russian Civil War on the side of the Whites, winning and establishing a fragile Russian Republic. Unfortunately, this action destabilizes the Russian Empire, allowing the Central Asian states of Alash Orda, and The Khanate of Turkestan to declare their independence, along with the newly independent Cossack State of The Don-Kuban Union. However the separatist ideologies are not down for the count entirely, and a Communist Resurgence leads to the Second Russian Civil War.
The threat of Communism therefore averted in Russia temporarily, but a new movement known as Syndicalism rises in France and Britain. Syndicalist revolutions In France and Britain succeed, forcing the British royal family to flee to Canada, while the French Government and most officers to the French colonial empire in Africa. The Union of Britain and The Commune Of France are born!
In North America, A Severe Economic downturn caused by the Stock Market Collapse of 1929 and the subsequent Assassination of President Herbert Hoover creates significant destabilization, along with the increasing polarization of the Ideologies of the people living in the North, South, East and West of the United States of America.
Jack Reed, Uniting various shades of socialist, syndicalist and communist opinion, the Combined Syndicates of America have mobilized the surging throngs of workers in America's heartlands in order to "Break the Chains" of Oppression and Overthrow the Government. Opposing This move, Senator Huey Long of Louisiana, moved to support his growing "Share Our Wealth" program. The Resulting American Union State calls for redistribution of wealth and social welfare, but within a strong centralized corporatist economic structure, controlled by a paternalistic economic and political elite.
In order to defeat these destructive elements, The United States of America's Government called upon the strongman General Douglas MacArthur, but have now formed a cult of personality around this leader now Dictator. In Response to this action, The Pacific States of America moved to secede from what it saw as a ruined Union, while the Alaskan Territory was now effectively independent. The Second American Civil War has Begun.
Game Base Rules
- No Gold Usage. Usage automatically removes you from the round.
1 Day In Game = 3 Months in RP. This means 4 days = 1 Year. The Game days will be divided into seasons, Starting Winter, 1930.
Winter(December, January, February)
Spring (March, April, May)
Summer (June, July, August)
Fall (September, October, November)
- I reserve the right to use Gold to eradicate those who violate the rules, or to penalize players for rulebreaks. Mind you, I have the capacity for lots of Goldmark.
- We will heavily Focus On Finishing Landswap First, meaning no official in character RP before we finish landswapping unless informed otherwise.
- Coalitions are to be “Empire Based” only unless specified otherwise, meaning, my coalition should be named the official name of my nation, have the official flag of my nation, and consist of me as well as my vassals, colonies, dominions and/or tributary states. I reserve the right to disband any coalitions not following the rules stated above. You may create multiple coalitions if slots are filled for one, just keep the flag and info same for all of them.
- NO Stack-splitting or shoot-n-scoot under any circumstances.
- Meatshielding is permitted with a cap of 20 infantry per battleship and 10 infantry per Cruiser.
- All alliances are to be made public. Military Alliances which are not made public will not be considered valid for calling in allies to war. To limit/stop the formation of super military alliances, I would like to ask you all to not form excessive alliances with those around you.
- Military Alliances must have an agreed upon end date announced, and can only last for up to 10 years.
- All Wars [Excluding Civil Wars] are to be declared at least 6 hours prior to any military contact. If this rule is broken, no allies are permitted to aid the attacker, thereby inhibiting his/her ability to wage said war.
- All Conflicts are to be made public and declared through the Newspaper Before the 6 hour period can start. This can be made in the form of an ultimatum, or through a direct declaration.
- The title of the article on the newspaper must include X declares war on Y or some similar format. The War Goal must also be included in the article declaring war. If this is not done, I reserve the right to void your war, or inhibit allies from aiding the attacker.
A War Declaration must be at least 300 words. Declarations of war are significant events throughout the course of the round. While war is not forbidden, it has the potential to drastically alter the game and limit a players current ability to roleplay.
Example title: “The Ottoman Empire Declares War on Venice!”
Example body: “Ottoman Imperial Forces move forth to secure the island of Crete for the glory of the Sublime Porte!...
- In all wars, there are two war leaders: one aggressor and one defender. If either leader loses its capital, that war is an automatic victory for the opposing side, and all nations are forced to come to diplomatic negotiation. Those who continue conflict will be penalized or removed from the round entirely.
- At any time, any non-vassal non-colonial nation can sue for peace. In which case, both sides will come to diplomatic talks. Keep in mind suing for peace will automatically break the alliance with the war leader it supports in that war, and all diplomatic talks must lead to peace.
- If you are supporting your ally, and you sue for peace with the enemy, you cannot return to that war as you will forcibly have a separate peace agreement.
- Pirating, Coastal Raiding of nations vessels and troops, and spy bombardment is allowed, however, know that it will be legitimate justification for full scale war. Pirating that turns into a province capture will count as a full war and the war article must be posted beforehand. If this leads to full war, the normal war rules will take place.
Types of Wars that can be declared:
Acquire Territory : This is the default war goal for all non-civil war nations at war.
You may capture one of the following with this Wargoal:
1 Province in Europe
2 Provinces in North America
3 Provinces in South America
3 Provinces in Africa
3 Provinces in Asia
Annexation : After a nation surrenders, this will occur if the surrendering nation is 2 Provinces or Less.
Civil War : Exclusive to all civil war factions, when fighting each other. Those using this war goal will receive the full territory.
Acquire Satellite State : Vassalizes the target nation. No provinces can be captured with this wargoal. Vassals cannot declare independence.
Install Ideology : Converts target country into a Puppet country forcibly allied to the winner of the conflict. No provinces can be captured with this wargoal.
Civil War Rules
- All Civil Wars begin when announced on the Newspaper. Players are permitted to post articles and RP the civil war from that point onward.
- All Civil wars will officially go on until January 1938, and All factions are untouchable by outside powers until that date. After that moment they are subject to regular rules and regulations, considered officially independent.
-Civil war factions are still limited to rp tech restrictions and can upgrade their technology in the same manner as all other nations.
-Civil War Nations are at constant war with each other upon game start. This does not necessarily mandate changing your diplomatic status to war as it would ruin your morale.
-Nations are to provide constant Share Map with LightningTurk (Japan) for confirmation that gold is not being used. This will go on for the duration of all civil wars.
-Factions cannot be attacked by any nation and/or groups outside of their respective civil war (EX: Chinese factions cant take Russian land).
-Factions within the civil wars are not permitted to attack any nation outside of their civil conflict borders.
-Outside nations are permitted to sell arms and resources, but these must have the following prerequisites:
1. The Faction Purchasing the unit must have Versatility tech unlocked.
2. The weapon/resource amounts must be posted on the Newspaper officially prior to the sale.
3. The weapon/resources cannot be “Loaned” to factions to be returned. All sales are final.
-All alliances between factions are considered unofficial. Backstabbing is to be expected and welcomed.
-Factions may surrender at any time, and choose one of the designated minor nations to become. When this is announced, this nation is no longer considered a belligerent in its respective civil war and will do a secondary landswap in order to take that minor state.