Elite AI for all! - Patch Notes

• 1567512150_news_images_13838.jpg

Attention, generals!

Today we bring a bunch of new features and a lot of bug fixes to Supremacy 1914. From now on the Elite AI will be available to all players for free, as this advanced version of the AI will replace the current AI in the game. This will add quite some action to new game rounds that are created after this release.

Now that you will fight against the elite AI, you might want to know about your standing with the AI more often to avoid unexpected attacks. We have got you covered, as you now find the global popularity indicator in your nation profile giving you exactly that information!

But we didn’t stop there! When your army is in combat, all you have to do is hover over the attack timer to get the latest combat information. Another helpful feature allows you to differentiate the attack range of ranged units when several of them are selected together. Just go to the army bar of the selected units and hover over them to highlight their attack range on the map.

Finally, in order to add another layer of realism to Supremacy 1914 and make the game experience more balanced and fair to all players we took a look at trading in the game. The result are several changes like the removal of unit trading or limitations to resource trading with players outside of one’s own team or coalition (see the list below for details).

There are more new things to discover and a good amount of bug fixes that we released today. Read through the complete list below:

General:

• We added a global popularity indicator to the player profile showing the current standing of the player with the AI.
    • We added a map border for a better look and feel.
    • Combat information is now also displayed when hovering over the attack timer.
    • The attack range of a ranged unit which is part of several selected units now gets highlighted on the map when hovering over the ranged unit in the army bar of a multi selection of units.
    • We added tooltips to the relation icons displayed in trade dialogs to make it easier to see which icon stands for which diplomatic trade.
    • When merging units with different fire mode settings, the merged stack will adopt the fire mode of the more powerful units.
    • Minimum price per unit on the stock market is set to 3.0 money
    • Maximum price per unit on the stock market is set to 30.0 money
    • Units cannot be traded anymore
    • Trading resources via diplomatic trading is limited to coalition and team members
    • After leaving a coalition players have to wait 3 days before they can join or create a new coalition
    • After being kicked from a coalition players have to wait 1 day before they can join or create a new coalition

Bug fixes:

• We resolved an issue which caused unit specific kill achievements like “panzer ace” not being updating correctly
    • We fixed an issue that caused a different unit being highlighted than the one hovered in the army bar.
    • We resolved an issue on mobile devices that prevented the arrival time of enemy and allied units to be displayed when selecting a moving unit on the map.
    • We resolved an issue that prevented land ranged units set to aggressive fire mode to open fire on other units within their attack range.
    • We resolved an issue where additional queue slots were displayed incorrectly on mobile and PC.

We hope you like these changes and bug fixes and wish you all the best on the battlefield.

Your Bytro team

• Hello

What is a reason behind removing unit trading . It does not make sense at all and will make alliance games even more dependent on brainless activity. Not saying it will force some user and alliances to directly violate Rules and TOS to avoid units been stuck with less active players.....

• It would be much better to restrict trading resources to 10% of stock in storage and on market as weak players and multis use it to produce hundreds of units they should not have

than restricting transfer of 10% of units completely. Is it possible that game designer who had that idea- played 100 or 500 map alone and check what his change will cause. You sir difinitely removed any chances of stopping Golden Rush, Multi / Friendpack Rush or Activity based Rush purely with skills. Another change that is pushing away skills from that game and replace them with other means that have nothing to do with knowledge of the game.

If you are hoping to create ultimate blob strategy simulator - you are on the right path.

Why not to introduce auto-resolve button and instead of wasting players time - you resolve war with another country by having more provinces and more friends on map as a win indicator? If sitting longer in night than others is top strategy in that game .... then why to call it strategy at all.

Why not to call it Supremacy - simcity simulator or online activity checker :-)

-1/10 for that update. No comment.

There is also simple rule: if you do not want to make you customers angry- you do not upgrade live products. Especially not in a way which affects sometimes 6 months of their hard work and GM usage. Team should have informed us about upcoming changes. I would be more than happy to see team acquiring such an information from devs in advance and sharing it with people on regular basis.

That would be nice, wouldnt it folks?

• It doesn't matter anymore lmao, they've shown time and time again that they don't know what they're doing, whether that's the devs fault or the higher ups, I dont give a fuck

Units having their default being aggressive? No one liked it, everyone said to revert, we even had the promise of it being eventually reverted, and jack shit has happened. Units continue to clash at sea and accidental wars keep happening due to this bullshit

Imma go ahead an quit this game, and I advice everyone else to do it too, here's my main reasons for it (not all of themt)

-It's pay 2 win, and it's not even good at that. Goldmark is only tolerated because the game is free and because the dumb fucks who spam it are too bad at the game to actually make a difference. Never spent a dime on this, glad I haven't

-Wanna make constructive criticism to help the game? We banned you for having a bad opinion on us.

-new ui is bad too, but i dont care enough to keep going, im sure voicing my opinion is already enough to be banned so ill see yall somewhere else i guess

• Every update now is just some poorly thought out way to kill the game further. Perhaps that's the intention?

But it's okay I guess as supremacy one will make some money from leeching off battlefield ones name. Why not put these "upgrades" into that and leave this one alone.

Every time the game is updated it gets worse. Everytime.

What happened to you bytro you used to be cool.

• I do not like the new changes, specifically of not trading units and limit on resources, you have totally eliminated some of us whom use diplomacy or lack of diplomacy to play the mercenary role in these maps... prior to these set of changes Bytro 'nerfed' cav and arty units...I agree, that these latest changes will force [players into early rapid expansion thru use of Gold and anyone not using gold will be swallowed up in the rush....

I have witnessed other game sites do similar adjustments which push out the old garde players to bring in the cash cow new breed, , apparently this will now happen in S1914 via Bytro changes... what is more is that the term 'Bug Fix' seems geared only toward non-gold use strategies , any activity based bugs or gold use exploits like burning down airfields is not only termed as acceptable but is never fixed...Just my Opinion

index.php?eID=image&uid=11763503&mode=2

Embrace your true nature , enjoy games and have fun!

Edited once, last by Hastings TNT ().

• There's something everyone should keep in mind, even if Bytro's games are slightly different, the updates are the same, I myself I'm always very curious to see how updates are perceived in each game and usually the reaction is the same.

Take a look: Market, trades and coalitions & Elite AI for all

Now that you will fight against the elite AI, you might want to know about your standing with the AI more often to avoid unexpected attacks. We have got you covered, as you now find the global popularity indicator in your nation profile giving you exactly that information!

• We added a global popularity indicator to the player profile showing the current standing of the player with the AI.

You didn't add anything new, this was already part of the rounds with Elite AI, the only new thing is that now we don't have to pay 5.000GM for it.

As my fellows explained, you basically killed roleplay and even if you killed alliance games in 2015, with this update you made sure they are dead.

Instead of making people, smartly, to need to indirectly use the diplomacy in a war game, you want it to be a childish game forcing people into coalitions and making them behave like 12 years old kids not allowing their friends to play with others outside their own group.

Finally, in order to add another layer of realism to Supremacy 1914 and make the game experience more balanced and fair to all players we took a look at trading in the game. The result are several changes like the removal of unit trading or limitations to resource trading with players outside of one’s own team or coalition (see the list below for details).

As everyone already told you, this is not adding another layer of realism, it could add some beauty to the text, but it's false, balanced yes, and fair, well, that's arguable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HA8kSdsf_M

Soldiers! don't give yourselves to brutes

men who despise you, enslave you

who regiment your lives, tell you what to do

what to think and what to feel!

Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle,

use you as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men

machine men with machine minds and machine hearts!

Edited once, last by nemuritor98 ().

• So now , when I am killing a guy and he wants to surrender- there is no reason to leave him alive as :

1. he cannot give me any units I want

2. he cannot give me resources for a peace terms

3. I will not take peace for peace if I can crush him

what the hell?

Hallo, looking for the Logic, has anyone seen the Logic somewhere around?

Can I ask who was responsible as a gemedev for changes in trading?

Guys on the gamdev forum are laughing since 12 AM , at least someone has a food time

• a002dc405cdf8b5a2b304ef13077a3b6.png

new bugs due to the update, yujuuuu

now, at day 71, you are no longer able to build more factories or queue them until your current construction ends, get your factory for only 5,99€, LIMITED UNITS

funny part, this only happens to some provinces, not all of them

also, it happens to all buildings that have levels

• i think it's hilarious that they removed trading between neutral countries for the sake of realism, which is ironic to the point of being retarded already, yet kept province trading, because trading a big ass part of your country, now without the ability to be paid in resources, sure is realistic

• game was to complicated with all this trading, exchanging troops and resources, paying tributes , offering reparations, helping friends , supporting international trade, building military bases, buying provinces, hiring mercenaries, sending expeditionary forces and so on.

You need to understand this is not what players like. To much complexity. To much gameplay posibilities. Toooo much fun.

now it is simple- you are alone and you can count only on yourself, you cannot expect a peace terms as you have nothing to offer. so it is either you or them. 0-1. black and white. So everyone can understand the game.

simple? I hope so as I do not want them to remove anything else like rows and share maps.

• we could ask for the newspaper removal, too complex

• yeah- i have same war described 3 times with different scores, not sure which one o trust. maybe it is realism of different publishers during the war...

same with spies- they always lie, remove their reports as they are edited, bribed and not trustworthy. double agents everywhere

• yeah- i have same war described 3 times with different scores, not sure which one o trust. maybe it is realism of different publishers during the war...

same with spies- they always lie, remove their reports as they are edited, bribed and not trustworthy. double agents everywhere

well i think S1 doesn't have spies, so there you go

• we could ask for the newspaper removal, too complex

I asked bytro to change the figures to stick figures and just make the game rock paper sissors...

Now after the jokes... As RPer, and user I can only say I agree with many users here... They effectively killed RPing no more trading no more landshuffline only coalition no more using factories for rent as additional income for small RP nations... Thank you for killing the way of playing that was the reason I was still here.

They also actively killed any lone wolfe player as he can not trade with random people to fill his needs. He can still fight the best he can but is kinda handicapped due to this.

On the banning, Bytro either needs to overrule me but as long as you guys keep it civil there wont be bans for giving your opinion. I still believe only with feedback can this game transform for the better. This is the second time bytro changes quite core mechanics that have been this way for years and years... They realize very well it will upset users but I believe they at times underestimate how much it upsets users.

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• To keep it civilised- How to start user's initiative to withdraw some changes? In a civilised manner.

I would be also interested in convincing Bytro to remove pre-last bug update. How to start such an operation? 30 completely new 'advanced tactics' in a new update- it is slightly to much. Especially for people who only use Hnr.

Should we make some kind of pool on the forum or is it better to do it on discord (but then Bytro can argue they cannot verify people's identity)

• To keep it civilised- How to start user's initiative to withdraw some changes? In a civilised manner.

I would be also interested in convincing Bytro to remove pre-last bug update. How to start such an operation? 30 completely new 'advanced tactics' in a new update- it is slightly to much. Especially for people who only use Hnr.

Should we make some kind of pool on the forum or is it better to do it on discord (but then Bytro can argue they cannot verify people's identity)

Last time I did that I made cross-server, in all languages, "spamming" chat for 4 weeks, sending private messages, making forum threads on announcements, etc. It was about maps for CoW. There was 1 first step of a public brainstorming for ideas, to which I think we got more than 60 different map ideas and then 3 eñiminatory rounds by voting to determina which map should go next. We got more than 400 unique votes and 800 total votes throughout the 3 rounds.

After this happened, a few months later, Bytro released 2 maps that were indeed the 1st and 2nd map from the poll.

I never asked Bytro for their commitment to the results, but from my POV, the popular movement was enough for them not only to get ideas but to also please the users.