[S1914] Legacy-Removal Feedback Thread

• You can turn off all models and labels in the map filter menu.

Incorrect for mobile, haven't tested on pc. You *can* turn off all models in the settings, which is not helpful. You can turn off the labels for specific units in the filter, which leaves the models blocking the view.

If we could filter out the models and labels of certain units, that would be excellent, better yet if settings/filter allowed the removal of models without removing the labels.

• Okay, I swore the last post was going to be my final word but it's kind of like playing the lottery -- you buy ONE more ticket in the vain hope that IT is going to be the winner.

I could easily turn this post into a list of complaints but that would not help anyone. I'm going to specify some things with the new UI and potential FIXES - drawing on my own experience developing Graphics and User Interfaces and Controls.

Let's start with the first one. The REALLY pretty 3D graphics for everything. Okay, let's keep them BUT only have them active when you're zoomed all the way IN. This way, when you're zoomed out, you can run with Tactical Army Displays aka Legacy look. Let's also work with those graphics so we don't have Battleships the size of Sicily, if they only show full size when zoomed right in, we should be able to eliminate such things.

Secondly, we now have pretty moving water BUT we sacrifice the little dots that used to let us know the shipping routes. AGAIN, work with the zoom so that moving water can happen in full zoom mode AND/OR be disabled completely so the POINTS can move to the FRONT of the layer.

The ability to work with the Administrative Menu is paramount and needs to be addressed immediately. ESPECIALLY in the 100 and 500 games, you simply will not be able to play without devoting an additional 6 to 8 hours of time JUST to make sure all your cities are doing what you want them to do. Seriously, take a look at the old Legacy version of the Menu and make it work and look like that. This is one are where Function over Form is paramount.

This next suggestion may hurt a little but I'm going to make it anyway. It seems to me that people keep coming forward and saying they want suggestions from us on how to improve things and we need to have patience. WE (the customers) keep making suggestions and even submitting bug reports but it APPEARS to us that it's akin to shouting during a hurricane, NOBODY can hear us or is listening because instead of getting things we ASK for, we get things that NOBODY asks for. Now before you jump down my throat, I'm going to tell you a phrase that I have LIVED with for my entire life. Perception IS Reality.

I'm still around in the hope things are going to get better but that little hope is getting smaller by the day.

Hello together!

Someone speaks from my soul!

What you have listed there is unfortunately a fact.

You give tips , suggestions for improvement, error messages that are simply overread / overheard.

Bytro just pulls straight through his thing without regard to loss.

Really too bad bytro.

Then I wonder why there are actually such forums where you are not heard?

• can someone fix revamp that way that playing 500 and 100 maps will be possible once again on PC?

It is possible to somehow play smaller maps if you sacrifice 5 * more time than in legacy but big maps... uuu

armies are not moving where they were sent at random occasions

armies do not follow given orders at random occasions

diplomacy doesn't work from time to time

wrong nations are given offers and I sometimes finish giving maps for maps to enemies

building queues do not work at random occasions

rally points do not work at random occasions

fire modes do not work at random occasions

game is laggy to the point you are not able to play it

there are multiple UI and graphic glitches

spies do not work at random occasions

spy reports do not work at random occasions

spy maps do not work at random occasions

'current structure in building ' filters do not work at random occasions

structure filters do not work at random occasions

map shows units from other side of the map at random occasions

map shows strange countries and boundaries at random occasions

map does not load for 20 + minutes at random occasions

• Hello,

Revamp is liar to new ppl. Here good example he think I am his ally even we are enemys. Austria removed all his soldier from my border think we are same team....
    If check second pic you can see green and if check first one from diplomacy we are enemy teams. Confussing for new player. Make clear visible for all if dont want to lose more ppl.

You're at peace with the player in both of these pictures. Are you refering to you being in different coalitions ? A coa filter would be nice to have in this case, completely agree.

Incorrect for mobile, haven't tested on pc. You *can* turn off all models in the settings, which is not helpful. You can turn off the labels for specific units in the filter, which leaves the models blocking the view.

If we could filter out the models and labels of certain units, that would be excellent, better yet if settings/filter allowed the removal of models without removing the labels.

You're right, I articulated myself incorrectly in this case. You can not (yet) turn off the models, but the labels. You can do this individually for every unit type however. As stated multiple times before in this thread, we're looking into options to turn off the 3d models and only show labels, or at least make smaller 3d models an option. I can't give any details on this or give you a concrete release date, as it is not ready yet.

@ slyx

Really? 2. Time you deleted my comment!

Please let me know why?!

Sorry but are you sure your comments were deleted (by me) ? I removed 1 comment in this thread over a week ago and it wasn't yours.

• Slyx

Good that you mention it.

Why did you delete this post from a player?

With what justification?

I read all the posts and did not find it.

Unfortunately, I did not include the name of the player who wrote this post.

I absolutely share his opinion.

• from what i see there are two issues with graphic

models which are too heavy and you cannot hide them. they are also not the best in showing what is happening in the map ie. if you scan large area like whole africa. they just look ok for some but have no function in the game. as a commander i should see in one blink of the eye what i have in that region and models do not fulfill that role- banners do

other thing are labels/banners - problems with labels is they are recalculated depending how big is a zoom . recalculating them every single time slows downs performance. Leave banner as it was in legacy so it always shows all kinds of units. at max zoom out banners turn into pins anyway and you cannot see anything

Slyx probably removed my post about revamp where I was not happy with Revamp development. I still think Java client development of Supremacy in 2010 stood on a much higher level than revamp development in 2021 after 2-3 years of work.

• 1. I removed a post because it wasn't contributing to the discussion in any way and while I'm a big advocate of allowing everyone to express himself, especially about a topic he's emotionally invested in, at some point a line is crossed. I'm not sure if we're talking about the same post, though.
    2. It's part of my job to keep things civil around here so I remove posts that are off topic and or offending.
    3. You can't find deleted posts anymore. I'm pretty sure you're quoting another user with all but the last paragraph of your first post and I agree. When I read it a while ago I included it in the feedback I relayed to the rest of the company.

• 1. I removed a post because it wasn't contributing to the discussion in any way and while I'm a big advocate of allowing everyone to express himself, especially about a topic he's emotionally invested in, at some point a line is crossed. I'm not sure if we're talking about the same post, though.
    2. It's part of my job to keep things civil around here so I remove posts that are off topic and or offending.
    3. You can't find deleted posts anymore. I'm pretty sure you're quoting another user with all but the last paragraph of your first post and I agree. When I read it a while ago I included it in the feedback I relayed to the rest of the company.

The post above mine, is the post of a player I quoted.

There he explicitly reacted to the topic, as you can also read.

Therefore, I do not understand the sense why his post was deleted....

There are no insults, or the like.

He has only raised the issue, which are true.

• province admisnitration

completely unhelpful since last change

I have town on 3 continents

having possibility to choose only towns in america was saving my life- now it is gone

filtering by building doesnt work as expected

i fired up building of 90 railways on energy in europe, everything done by hand, one province after one province due to broken panel

today i found out only 5 were in construction

revamp wasted around 55 minutes of my time

in legacy it would take me 5 minutes and I was sure I will see all 90 railways in production

revamp is IMHO is focused only on wasting time of the players- not sure what strategy is behind it but you surely see how much time is wasted by revamp comparing to time you spend using legacy to the same task couple of times faster

• The post above mine, is the post of a player I quoted.

There he explicitly reacted to the topic, as you can also read.

Therefore, I do not understand the sense why his post was deleted....

There are no insults, or the like.

He has only raised the issue, which are true.

I'm sorry but would it be possible that you're mixing something up here ? You quoted that post from another thread and it wasn't deleted there either. I'm a bit lost here in regards to why you think it was removed. We'd certainly not delete a valid post by a user on the basis that it crizises recent changes, as seen in this thread.

• GB, I got it, you don't like the changes. It was stated multiple times that we will make changes to unit display and also the province list, as it lost some functionality. You don't need to write 4 posts a day stating how the game is unplayable, you can't do anything and the world is going to end. I relayed user feedback regarding improved overview and the province list already and it will be improved over time. Performance was hotfixed already and we'll make some changes to the province list in the next update. You'll be able to filter for buldings, have them display in some order again and it will also rememver the size and place you dragged it to. Further changes probalby comming in the future.

This thread was also purely about legacy and not the province list.

In case you want to provide meaningful feedback please do so in the release notes for that update.

• it is comparison of time spent in legacy and in revamp

revamp takes 5-10 more time to play than legacy and still you never know if revamp would work

I would like something like legacy back so I can spent less time in game and at the same time play much more

• Hi, I keep reading the posts in the hope of being able to play again.

I share all the messages from all veterans.

I can only add one thing, I ask bytro programmers to play a 500-player game and get to the end, they will realize for themselves what is not working for us veterans.

Thank you.

• You're at peace with the player in both of these pictures. Are you refering to you being in different coalitions ? A coa filter would be nice to have in this case, completely agree.

It's a team game/round. By definition they are on opposing teams in those games/rounds so showing the other player as "at peace" is misleading as the OP suggested. You can't change teams on team games after all.

• It's a team game/round. By definition they are on opposing teams in those games/rounds so showing the other player as "at peace" is misleading as the OP suggested. You can't change teams on team games after all.

It was always like that, that teams do not start out at war immediately. As long as you are still at peace with those players they are not shown red on the map, it's the expected behaviour. In team games you can just think of any non-blue player as being a potential enemy. In that sense the distinction between "not at war yet" and "already at war" is actually more helpful than displaying all of the other teams immediately as red.

If you don't like the relation view mode, you can switch to nation color view mode in the view mode settings.

Also a general reminder once again: Improvements to the province list will come in the next update, also improvements to the army labels, and more improvements to map usability and interface usability are in the works for later updates.

• recently one of players who never had possibility to play legacy in supremacy tried legacy in COW.

Judging COW legacy as 10 he estimated that Supremacy revamp is4/10 comparing to COW legacy...

maybe we can ask some other new supremacy player to t est legacy in COW- tutorial above.

Let us know how you judge Revamp comparing to Legacy- that would a very indicative opinion as someone who never used legacy in supremacy would be able to see who it worked

• Yes, I'm the player whom Golden Buddha has mentioned above. I've never had the opportunity to play legacy mode on supremacy as it's removed before my account was created. Recently, I've gone back to play a bit of Call of War and has tried out their legacy mode. It feels great, smooth and clear. I like it a lot already a few days after playing, and I believe that the advantage would be even more significant in a 500 player map, where one could have a lot of armies to move, a lot of buildings to build, and a lot of machineries to build.

I hope that Bytro would seriously consider changing the current revamp version into a version that's much closer to legacy mode. Unfortunately, from what I've been playing and experiencing for the past few months, this graphics are getting worse and the game is getting more laggy. Province administration have had multiple issues which I'm not sure if it's fully resolved yet. I'm glad that they brought out the low graphic mode so that busy people like most people are could play the game more smoothly without having to wait for the game to load. I understand that having 2 versions up can be a bit hard to operate, but everyday I'm seeing veterans complaining about the new revamp mode and starting to quit the game, while new players are confused with what's going on with this issue, due to the fact that they never have the chance to play on legacy mode. Therefore, I believe the best solution to solve all of the issues is to change the current version of gameplay as similar to legacy mode as possible.

Thank you!