[S1914] Release Notes - 2021-07-20

• 1626788257_news_images_19131.jpg

General:

• The path indicators have been adjusted.
      • Unit’s path indicators show an arrowhead at the end of each ground movement path.
      • The color animation of path indicators has been reduced.
      • When a unit is in forced march mode, the color animation is set at a significantly higher speed to indicate that the unit is moving faster.
      • In relation mode, path indicators use the relation colors as primary colors for the pathing lines. In political view mode, they keep using the country colors for the path lines.
      • Unselected pathing lines are displayed in darker colors.

• The victory progress information next to the resource bar was slightly adjusted and also shows the total progress made towards victory directly below.

• Missing links to the game rules and the game manual were added to the Headquarters Notice newspaper article, which is automatically posted at the very start of each map.

Bug fixes:

• Ranged units, such as artillery, did not automatically attack enemy units within range immediately, effectively allowing enemy units to operate within its range for up to a few minutes before being shot at.From now on ranged units will commence the bombardment of enemy units as soon as they get in range, in case their fire command doesn’t prevent such actions.

• When splitting up an army and moving some of the troops elsewhere, an error message could be triggered when the remaining troops of the split stack were selected afterwards. This issue has been resolved and no error message gets displayed anymore.

• Provinces without a garrison did not show the uprising chance when the province morale was low. This issue was resolved, and provinces now show the exact uprising chances again.

• Coalition leaders will be glad to hear that their position within the coalition is no longer disguised in the coalition details anymore. The leader of a coalition is now displayed with the leader role in the coalition details again.

• A bug was fixed that prevented a level 1 Factory from being built when giving the command to do so from the detailed building information panel.

• A bug was fixed that caused an error message to be displayed when clicking the full screen button in Steam. The full screen button is working as intended again.
    • Ranged units, such as artillery, did not automatically attack enemy units within range immediately, effectively allowing enemy units to operate within its range for up to a few minutes before being shot at.From now on ranged units will commence the bombardment of enemy units as soon as they get in range, in case their fire command doesn’t prevent such actions.

Actually, the end of Hit and Run is announced here.
  • Not a fan of the arrowheads at all. Just causes more clutter especialy when flowering. Dont think I can find 1 guy in my alliance who likes the arrows.

Arrow heads can/will easily be used as disguise to mislead newbie players about your units movements; however I agree that Red Dots were better for purposes of flower and destinations than these cluttering arrows, Frontline maps have been using arrows only time it is issue is in tight areas

index.php?eID=image&uid=11763503&mode=2

Embrace your true nature , enjoy games and have fun!

Actually, the end of Hit and Run is announced here.

Yes and without HnR many players will quit this game as it is only tool they had in their tool box... however my experience is each time Bytro does a FIX of this nature 2-3 other exploits become available and only need to discovered.

I think this FIX made fire control for High Command less important

• Yes and without HnR many players will quit this game as it is only tool they had in their tool box... however my experience is each time Bytro does a FIX of this nature 2-3 other exploits become available and only need to discovered.

I think this FIX made fire control for High Command less important

Please share your experiences to this topic. I will do it also. As far as I understood this could be also make ranged units weaker... Also removes this update the advantage from active gamer against an offline gamer... :-( I hope HnR will be still possible. A couple of seconds are enough.

• Please share your experiences to this topic. I will do it also. As far as I understood this could be also make ranged units weaker... Also removes this update the advantage from active gamer against an offline gamer... :-( I hope HnR will be still possible. A couple of seconds are enough.

HnR is activity based exploit, I do not have much experience with this exploit since past 2 yrs I am not as active on maps, without HnR those which return each hour to move forward fire and retreat will be lost, other exploits that do not all require activity to advance in this game will need to be mastered.

I have suspicion this is a way to eliminate account sitters from the game and that everyone will now have benefit of offensive fire control which was previously a perk only enjoyed by High Command members, however I am only guessing as I have not tested the nuance of this change/fix. I look forward to testing this change on the battlefield, and wonder if the misfire or 1 arty unit preventing 6 other units from firing will also be eliminated...

• My thoughts on this update:

1) Personally, I don't mind the change in path indicators. I kind of like the arrows actually.

2) I think the change in range units mechanics that eliminates HnR is nice. It emphasizes the strategic aspects of this game.

3) Not sure if this is a bug or an intended change: I noticed that the red marker indicating that a unit is being targeted is now gone. For example, my units being targeted by an enemy bomber used to have a red marker on in. Now, there is no such marker. I hope this is not permanently removed. Without this marker, players will have less time to respond to bomber threats (because we sometimes can see the red marker before the bomber comes into visible range), making bomber more powerful in this game.

Any sufficiently advanced tactic is indistinguishable from magic to the uninitiated.

• HnR is activity based exploit, I do not have much experience with this exploit since past 2 yrs I am not as active on maps, without HnR those which return each hour to move forward fire and retreat will be lost, other exploits that do not all require activity to advance in this game will need to be mastered.

I have suspicion this is a way to eliminate account sitters from the game and that everyone will now have benefit of offensive fire control which was previously a perk only enjoyed by High Command members, however I am only guessing as I have not tested the nuance of this change/fix. I look forward to testing this change on the battlefield, and wonder if the misfire or 1 arty unit preventing 6 other units from firing will also be eliminated...

My interpretation of the update description is that this change is not the same as offensive mode. But I have very little experience with High command (only got high command for free for a very short duration when I first started the game), so please correct me if I am wrong..

In offensive mode, a moving stack will stop moving and fire back when an enemy comes into range ('even if the execution of other orders has to be deferred'). I don't think this recent change involve stopping movement. In fact, i think this change may make offensive mode even more powerful because there may no longer be a delay before a stack on offensive mode fires.

Any sufficiently advanced tactic is indistinguishable from magic to the uninitiated.

• Actually HNR is not a big issue because you can use a sacrificial stack of inf to attract fire and then move in, fire on the stack and pull back out again, it's just a matter of working with the 1 hour hit rate. There is also another method which I shall refrain from discussing on here. Anyway, continued good gaming everyone.

• Actually HNR is not a big issue because you can use a sacrificial stack of inf to attract fire and then move in, fire on the stack and pull back out again, it's just a matter of working with the 1 hour hit rate. There is also another method which I shall refrain from discussing on here. Anyway, continued good gaming everyone.

Another guy was talking about this same strategy and far as I know you have one minute for arty to fire again, this will be fun to adapt to this new change for me it is way to kill HnR sitters not sure how the automatic fire is different than offensive fire control, I suppose you could use HnR but it is a very tight window according to what Freezy said in this link ,

Double Artillery Shots in 1 Tick

• Bonjour,

Les nouvelles mises à jours sont mauvaises pour le jeu, vous êtes clairement en train de détruire la communauté de joueurs fidéles qui jouaient et qui étaient investit dans le jeu. Notamment avec la suppression du hit and run , et ce pour favoriser les personnes mettant de l'argent dans le jeu, car après tout, c'est tout ce qui importe, difficile de lutter contre les mass gmeur à présent. Il existe toujours des techniques viables mais je suppose qu'elles seront suprimées elles également par la suite. Juste pour vous dire que tout ceci est une honte, et que globalement la communauté trouve cela abbérant. Si votre objectif est de faire de supremacy un jeu ou celui qui a la plus grosse ... gagne à tout les coups, vous allez perdre votre communauté active de vrai joueurs investit.

Bien cordialement

• Bonjour,

Les nouvelles mises à jours sont mauvaises pour le jeu, vous êtes clairement en train de détruire la communauté de joueurs fidéles qui jouaient et qui étaient investit dans le jeu. Notamment avec la suppression du hit and run , et ce pour favoriser les personnes mettant de l'argent dans le jeu, car après tout, c'est tout ce qui importe, difficile de lutter contre les mass gmeur à présent. Il existe toujours des techniques viables mais je suppose qu'elles seront suprimées elles également par la suite. Juste pour vous dire que tout ceci est une honte, et que globalement la communauté trouve cela abbérant. Si votre objectif est de faire de supremacy un jeu ou celui qui a la plus grosse ... gagne à tout les coups, vous allez perdre votre communauté active de vrai joueurs investit.

Bien cordialement

To sum that up in a nutshell for you. He is saying that the new updates are ruining the game for people who don't spend GM or want to buy GM to play the game. Particularly with the removal of HnR or Shoot and Scoot you don't leave anyone tools with which they've enjoyed and may be able to beat someone who spends lots. He says you're turning the game into "Who has the biggest...."....(I'm assuming wallet) wins and you're destroying the community of REAL players in the game.

• To sum that up in a nutshell for you. He is saying that the new updates are ruining the game for people who don't spend GM or want to buy GM to play the game. Particularly with the removal of HnR or Shoot and Scoot you don't leave anyone tools with which they've enjoyed and may be able to beat someone who spends lots. He says you're turning the game into "Who has the biggest...."....(I'm assuming wallet) wins and you're destroying the community of REAL players in the game.

The mechanic which allowed for Shoot and Scoot / hit and run was not intended to work the way it did and has therefore been fixed. It provided an unfair way for people to abuse artillery and countering it would have meant you'd need to be online at all times, watching your units every second of the game.

I've been playing strategy games for the last 15 or so years to an excessive extend and I love nothing more than to get some free damage in on my opponent, but at the same time the basis for how I manage to do so needs to be fair for everyone involved. Shoot and Scoot was closer to an exploit of game mechanics than outsmarting or outmaneuvering your enemy.

• I may be the aberration, as I like the arrowheads. It makes it easier to align move points to existing movement on the map, since you're now aligning arrows instead of attempting to overlay moving dots.

My two issues with the new UI, both related to the quick unit/province info on mobile:

1) selecting the unit, I can't see what unit they're attacking or their att/def rates, only their overall strength. This slows down my combat management since I have to select each unit multiple times, my own and my enemy, to see what was previously available with one click. The unit being attacked could be added to the "attacking/time to next attack" line with hopefully little difficulty.

2) selecting the province, the GM (speed up) button is 2/3 the size of the construction button. The unit being produced should be 2/3 of the button, and the GM portion should be 1/3.

On a related note, "confirmation for gold spending" should be the default setting.

Otherwise, the new UI is excellent. I have hopes that improvements like this will result in the eventual creation of a dedicated "build queue" tab for mobile.

Thanks for your time.