Supremacy 1914 - Mobile Release

• 064ce4213a2cdfd26bf0559235f075d6.png

Dear generals,

Christmas comes early this year! As the next step of our Supremacy 1914 - The Great War overhaul we are happy to announce that Supremacy 1914 Mobile is celebrating its global release as a web app today. It can be played by anyone through the browser on mobile phones. Simply open your phone’s browser and go to supremacy1914.com. In addition, we are releasing the game as a native Android app in this first step in the Polish Google Play store.

The app features an interface optimized for mobile touch devices and therefore exclusively supports the new map view. Mobile players will also enjoy a number of exclusive features like an in-game event log and push notifications about events like war declarations etc. If you, however, prefer to play the desktop version on your mobile device simply “switch to desktop mode” in the in-game settings.

Meanwhile, we have been listening to your feedback about the new map look and have addressed some of the most important issues in today’s update. This includes the size and positioning of UI elements as well as country color saturation and more. We have also drastically decreased memory usage of the new map view to improve performance & stability across devices. (For details check the list below.)

Finally, we have fixed a large number of bugs throughout the game as well as in our speed round events. Due to the popularity of these rounds we have also introduced a new 4x speed tutorial mode as the default starting scenario for new users! This will give new players the opportunity to learn all aspects of the game in a faster and action packed game round. Experienced players are still allowed to join these maps as well - please be nice to our newest community members and help them out where you can!

We encourage you to check our Supremacy 1914 mobile app in your phones browser on supremacy1914.com and provide us with feedback. We will continue to work on missing features and improvements before releasing the app globally for iOS and Android devices early in 2019. You can already pre-register for the app on the Google Play store.

Your Supremacy 1914 team

List of all changes:

(1) S1914 app release for mobile browsers worldwide and in the Polish Play Store

(2) Map - Performance and usability improvements:

- Improved performance and stability of the new map rendering by drastically reducing memory usage

- Increased visibility of sea points.

- Improved visibility of unit position indicator

- Improved visibility and positioning of resource icons across zoom levels

- Adjusted city label size

- Increased size of capital flags

- Decreased size of unit flags and unit class icons

- Increased saturation of country colors

- Removed coastal wave animation for better visibility

- The attack timer icon is now also displayed for ranged units for a better combat overview

- Removed the faulty ranged attack arrow artifacts that sometimes remained when combat was already over

- Removed large direction pointer icon (when issuing unit commands)

(3) UI Fixes:

- Fixed the diplomacy menu always showing the oldest messages first.

- Fixed newspaper jumping back to top when new entries were being loaded.

- Fixed active spies not showing on the map in Espionage mode.

- Fixed the "kick member" button not being shown in the alliance member list.

- Fixed unit details showing wrong speeds.

- Fixed missing game admin functions (e.g. kick inactive) for in-game map admins.

(4) Speed map fixes:

- The combat icon timers now show the correct progression from unfilled to filled.

- The correct time values are shown for speeding up production.

- Real life dates and times are now displayed for diplomacy messages and newspaper articles instead of the sped-up ingame dates.

- The production menu now shows the correct build times after a production is started.

(5) Release of new S1914 tutorial map (with speed factor)

• Excellent idea, but do you plan to do something similar for computer user ?

If so, it wouldn't be exclusive anymore :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HA8kSdsf_M

Soldiers! don't give yourselves to brutes

men who despise you, enslave you

who regiment your lives, tell you what to do

what to think and what to feel!

Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle,

use you as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men

machine men with machine minds and machine hearts!

• that's why i wrote "something similar" and not "the same" x)
    but you're right i guess, i don't see how they could even do something similar, except by linking the game to discord ? like a supremacy bot on discord ? could be great

• First, I congratulate the devs for the mobile launch.

With above being said, there are some issues with the real location of units. It's weird to see a raingun in the sea when it's in a determinated, but overcrowded, point in the map.

Demonaire
    ES. EN & PT Game Operator

Bytro Labs | Supremacy 1914

b78//+

All the things you need to play this game can be found here, here and here.

Do you want to experience new ways to enjoy Supremacy 1914? Click here and here.

Have you problems with the game? Send a ticket.

• Sad day for long term players.. It is now official to get the 'exclusive' content you now need to move to the mobile platform. Is this the beginning of the end for PC players I wonder. I have no intention of moving to the mobile platform, if the intention is to slowly 'encourage' everyone to do so how about you just tell us now, or at least admit anyone playing on the PC will now be disadvantaged.

I'm trying very hard to learn to live with these changes but each new release puts another nail in the Supremacy coffin for many of us.

• Sad day for long term players.. It is now official to get the 'exclusive' content you now need to move to the mobile platform. Is this the beginning of the end for PC players I wonder.

The phrasing in the annoucement might have been misleading. Right now, push notifications are an exclusive feature for mobile because it's a very common feature for mobile apps. Even if you do not actively play S1914 on mobile you can still install the app (once it's out globally) and rely on those notifications to alert you about in-game events.

That being said we are currently exploring the options to bring those notifications to PC players as well. This would take the form of web push notifications delivered through your browser.

• Lot of players (most of them ?) are now using discord as an alliance plateform or just to discut a game without being catch by blue spy. I think we can say today discussion about supremacy are happening more inside the discord platform than inside the game discussion. Wouldn't that be a solution to link supremacy to discord with a bot app for exemple ? I do know nothing about how it could work so i don't even know if this would be possible. But it would be a really nice feature if you'd do so.

• Lot of players (most of them ?) are now using discord as an alliance plateform or just to discut a game without being catch by blue spy. I think we can say today discussion about supremacy are happening more inside the discord platform than inside the game discussion. Wouldn't that be a solution to link supremacy to discord with a bot app for exemple ? I do know nothing about how it could work so i don't even know if this would be possible. But it would be a really nice feature if you'd do so.

You'd mean like linking the supremacy chat to a discord chat so that messages written on supremacy show up there and vice versa?

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

It's just my personal opinion, but such discussion outside the diplomatic section should be forbidden, not encouraged. The use of chats or other means outside the S1914's match is, IMO, an unfair advantage against other players who precisely uses resources (and even GM) to try and grab such information. Of course, I'm aware the opponents can do the same thing, but, again, breaking codes and extracting information with espionage was a asset in WWI and things like discuss in Discord disables that asset and denatures the match.

On the other hand, I'm not against the idea of an eventual decision to disable that blue spy info crack feature if that solution is thought to be better but, in that case, some creative alternative should be done.

Demonaire

b78//+

Do you want to experience new ways to enjoy Supremacy 1914? Click here and here.

• It's just my personal opinion, but such discussion outside the diplomatic section should be forbidden, not encouraged. The use of chats or other means outside the S1914's match is, IMO, an unfair advantage against other players who precisely uses resources (and even GM) to try and grab such information. Of course, I'm aware the opponents can do the same thing, but, again, breaking codes and extracting information with espionage was a asset in WWI and things like discuss in Discord disables that asset and denatures the match.

On the other hand, I'm not against the idea of an eventual decision to disable that blue spy info crack feature if that solution is thought to be better but, in that case, some creative alternative should be done.

How a unfair avantage??? there are a lot can use not relative a game. Skype, Teamspeaker were most game use in the past. Know gamers use Discord.Is there on chose how that be unfair? If chose a red car and there blue and yellow is still my decision and not yours same goes for this. Big Alliance in general have in every Strategy game a extern chat be a forum, Skype,Teamspeak, facebook or so on because they know game and give false information to enemy that spy them what blue spy and make your point was that also what they did ww1 and ww2? . Biggest miss information was D Day in ww2!.

Enforcer(Angel of Death)b78//+

• How a unfair avantage??? there are a lot can use not relative a game. Skype, Teamspeaker were most game use in the past. Know gamers use Discord.Is there on chose how that be unfair? If chose a red car and there blue and yellow is still my decision and not yours same goes for this. Big Alliance in general have in every Strategy game a extern chat be a forum, Skype,Teamspeak, facebook or so on because they know game and give false information to enemy that spy them what blue spy and make your point was that also what they did ww1 and ww2? . Biggest miss information was D Day in ww2!.

It's an unfair advantage because there is a espionage feature created to extract info from enemies with cost either in money or goldmarks, but those enemies just circumvent and disable that feature by communicate between themselves in means other than the diplomatic section of the match. In my totally subjective opinion, that's cheating. And if the other team does the same thing to be in an equal ground, then information warfare in the game is no more and that'll denatures match experience. (After all, I don't think somebody being so fanatic to "hack" some external chat to extract info from a game)

That's also why I'm saying that, however, if it's more convenient to remove that feature from those intelligence spies, then so be it, being replaced with another thing, though. But, while I get that many people uses external chats for the matches, if that's true just because they don't want to have their info extracted by blue spies, then that practice should be forbidden.

Finally, you give false information when you know there isn't possible to shield the channel. If that channel is crack-proof, there is no need to give such false info (enemy isn't gonna believe it, anyway)

Demonaire

b78//+

• It's an unfair advantage because there is a espionage feature created to extract info from enemies with cost either in money or goldmarks, but those enemies just circumvent and disable that feature by communicate between themselves in means other than the diplomatic section of the match. In my totally subjective opinion, that's cheating. And if the other team does the same thing to be in an equal ground, then information warfare in the game is no more and that'll denatures match experience. (After all, I don't think somebody being so fanatic to "hack" some external chat to extract info from a game)

That's also why I'm saying that, however, if it's more convenient to remove that feature from those intelligence spies, then so be it, being replaced with another thing, though. But, while I get that many people uses external chats for the matches, if that's true just because they don't want to have their info extracted by blue spies, then that practice should be forbidden.

Finally, you give false information when you know there isn't possible to shield the channel. If that channel is crack-proof, there is no need to give such false info (enemy isn't gonna believe it, anyway)

Your message is a joke nothing more:) and can take it personal or what you want. How can forbiddet some that no access your post make 0 sense. Here a simple explantion why you post is none sense. Let's were old divice for comunication mirc. You make a chanel there call the coalition empire all member of it from map let's call it 1944038939 how can forbit to do that? you can't! wft I can speak your post are like something from paper that need read if customer tell this you read paragraph 101 and speak hole paragraph. You can't forbit some like that is inlog what speak. Every game has there backdoor and if find can use it. Make forbitten ok forbit my fb account or discord you can't no right to do that. Stop post like that. Here suggestion how post need sound: if for fairness of all player that you use the diplomacy and sent message ingame, not a other external surce if posible. But not yours then practice should be forbidden how??? are going close my fb account or what every external I use? we're getting right to do that? wft think before posting something! You dissapoint me I expected more come a Moderator.

• Your message is a joke nothing more:) and can take it personal or what you want. How can forbiddet some that no access your post make 0 sense. Here a simple explantion why you post is none sense. Let's were old divice for comunication mirc. You make a chanel there call the coalition empire all member of it from map let's call it 1944038939 how can forbit to do that? you can't! wft I can speak your post are like something from paper that need read if customer tell this you read paragraph 101 and speak hole paragraph. You can't forbit some like that is inlog what speak. Every game has there backdoor and if find can use it. Make forbitten ok forbit my fb account or discord you can't no right to do that. Stop post like that. Here suggestion how post need sound: if for fairness of all player that you use the diplomacy and sent message ingame, not a other external surce if posible. But not yours then practice should be forbidden how??? are going close my fb account or what every external I use? we're getting right to do that? wft think before posting something! You dissapoint me I expected more come a Moderator.

First, I would thank you don't use ad hominem or disqualifications towards me just for standing an opinion. You have no right to tell me how I must give a thought about something.

Second, If some player does wolfpacking, multi-accounting or capital farming, that player can be sent out from the match. In the same way, that measure also could be applied if, let say hypothetically, it's decided to forbid the external chat practice to elude the blue spy (and I repeat: it's just my opinion, I'm not announcing nor predicting some measure in that sense, not even in the far future)

Finally, the info spy have that "message cracking" feature. And as far as such feature exist, it seems not so fair to allow people to elude it when the other part is expecting results in that sense when hire such spy. Besides, there is still the option to erase messages if people don't want their messages being extracted by that spy. We can either to remove that feature or to protect it.

Greetings.

Demonaire

b78//+

• Dude like told 2 more post you want to forbit alright tell how you forbit me from make a external chat?:) you make a opinion you make jokes that all. If show will forbit make a Facebook chat . Not a paragh in can read for myself if I want. Since this one Finally, the info spy have that "message cracking" feature read myself if intereted about spy. Read or put like copy past won't nothing great. I ask a question that not replay or mabye no paragraph to do?

Also input more capital farming or wolfpacking or multi-account I know 3 time can put paragraph here to since are missing , all 3 we're old forum and if were interest you have read rules. Know we're in the rules is forbitten external chat? you have nowhere it is. So no paragraph to copy and past it feels bad.

P.S. waste time replay if not answer my question.

Peace

Edited once, last by Bobokil ().

• Also input more capital farming or wolfpacking or multi-account I know 3 time can put paragraph here to since are missing , all 3 we're old forum and if were interest you have read rules. Know we're in the rules is forbitten external chat? you have nowhere it is. So no paragraph to copy and past it feels bad.

What demonaire ment was that it should be added to the rules, not that it is in the rules already.

I would also like to mention that regardless of his duty as moderator Demonaire is allowed to express his opinion.

Now is it true that using external tools is circumventing a game feature, the spies. SO theoretically it's cheating.

However, no realistically we can't ban it. Even if we'd ban "external tool use" then our own chat and forum conversations could be used. Or we'd have to ban our own game features? I don't think so as with many things the theory lies apart from the realistic scenario's. COmes with it that there is barely anyway to proof there is an external tool used.

Regardless of this all, I never used spies to get information from messages tbh. The information I want as military information, whenever I use spies then.

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• Every alliance worth anything in Supremacy will have some kind of team page, either facebook or similar. Every alliance worth anything in Supremacy will also have their preferred chat be it Discord, Messenger, Skype etc.

Even the mods use Skype and not any kind of in game communication so please that ship has sailed long ago.

How on earth would you police banning the use of 3rd party communication. It would be impossible to confirm it's use unless you intend to start using the illegal use of spyware installed with the game so all our other online activities are logged and sent back to Bytro?

That's a slippery slope you are on if you want to suggest that friends are no longer allowed to chat to each other while playing a game. What about those who live close to each other are you also going to ban them from meeting up and discussing games?

It's unworkable and a ridiculous suggestion.

Saying that I am not a fan of linking with Discord as that would then require everyone to instal and use Discord which will not be to everyone's liking.

Push notification could be emailed as there are already some system mails being send, push notification to the browser I assume requires the game to always be running which again will not suit everyone.

• You'd mean like linking the supremacy chat to a discord chat so that messages written on supremacy show up there and vice versa?

Not exactly,
    i was thinking about the push notification mobile users will recieve.
    Discord could serve as a computer platform, sending notification in case of war declaration ect ...

About the spying, i don't agree with Demonaire. During WWI (and WW2), some messages were catched but some were hiden under a coded message. Discord (or skype or whatever) has imho the same function. You can speak there on a secured line. Someone want to discover what you are saying ? You could try to spy with blue the message where the discord servor's link is ! :D And then, being carreful, you enter anonymously the discord of your ennemy, take the information, and go out running without being catched, like a spy. ^^ Well that's just my imagination but it doesn't seem unfair to me.

• The message system IG should not be removed as they are the first attempt to contact your neighbor. Blue spy are still usefull then : you can spot the first alliances even if they are no shared vision.
    And to be honest if i use blue spy i will be looking to the ressource's information or the building's information. Did someone already won a game because he spotted some messages ?

I would add : asking to someone you don't know to come on your discord to speak freely is now a very common way to meet new player and enlarge alliances :) I think this game has an unexplored social potential that could appear thanks to discord.

• Not exactly,
    i was thinking about the push notification mobile users will recieve.
    Discord could serve as a computer platform, sending notification in case of war declaration ect ...

Aaaah I get it you might be able to actually push it the same way news sites etc push windos notifications

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator