[S1914] Legacy-Removal Feedback Thread

• Playing since roughly 2012, and fell in love with 500p maps because tactical awereness was much more rewarded than smaller maps. But today is a special day, as of now I became tactically blind because legacy disappeared.

Simple is the best, these four words are the reason why Supremacy 1914 was such a successful game and why many veterans fell in love with it. The fact that you could see in one glimpse how your troops were relating to the map was such a powerful thing that it could overclass any other game which focused on the aspect of "visually appealing ".

Today is the day that Bytro took the final step in following the mass in pursue of even greater profits then ever before, but let me tell you something, today is the day that Bytro messed up, lost all the veteran's support and is forever doomed as a sheep.

To have some constructive feedback: make your new game as of today as simple as possible, I can't stress enough that simpleness is the key to succes. To put this in practice take any screenshot of legacy (quite rare nowadays) and compare them to any of that new gamemode fodder that's been up lately. Compare it and understand that supremacy 1914 originated from the simplicity to understand what goes on in the map, on large and small scale.

This was the last game (Supremacy 1914: legacy edition) that was unique to his era, and has been erroneously taken away from those who loved it the most.

• First things first: the Legacy-Client has been removed for good now and it won't come back.

While we announced it a while ago and did so again as part of the last release notes, we are aware that some of our veteran players are not happy with this change and had hoped it wouldn't become a reality. The main reason for the removal is that Legacy it is outdated and only used by a fraction of the player base, while still requiring equal amouts of maintenance work by our developers as the Standard-Client. This is taking up valuable time that we want to spend on the active development of Supremacy 1914 so we can ensure the game is as fun and engaging as possible.

In case you're one of the players who used legacy until now, please provide us with any form of constructive feedback on why you prefered Legacy so we can do our best to adjust the Standard-Client accordingly, whereever possible.

sorry for my bad words but the new game is horrible , impossible to gaming, and only the olds player use legacy because the new players is not have the possibility of choice the legacy mode, they can play only in the new game, please, open the legacy mode to all players and let the players decide in were play, if the legacy mode don't come back I will stop playing unfortunately, i'm an active player from the 2012 year

• Hey, Guys!

First things first:

Had to register again after finding out, I didnt have a user on this forum anymore. Might have gotten erased, when completely shutting off the old forum years ago. I resent both these actions. Looks like its happening again with the legacy client so... :P

On topic now:

I see the point, you want to attract new players with fashy graphics, 3d-elements and hovering all over. You might do so, but give the "old breed" a choice NOT to use it!

Concerning the question, what to adapt to the new client, lots of things of the right kind have already been stated.
    The bottom line is as follows: Give the new client a real "small/simple UI"-switch.

Settings as simple as possible:

- Pins for armies

- "red" markings for enemy

- simple stack numbers, when zooming into too many units (3 arty, 23 inf...)

- simple colours, (1st lesson cartography was: Use pastel-colours)

- turn off animations at will

- snapping on borders/coasts/cities (so I safely know, the unit is at point)

- Province Manager: nice, but add a "compact view/small symbols"-switch

- to be continued...

A small choice of switches will still be possible to run with new client, right?

Regards

DraconisA

Edited once, last by draconisa: line about: _Province Manager... added ().

• Removing legacy mode was a huge mistake. The "old guard" aka the veteran players, are the ones who put more time and money into the game. They're the people who make the game fun. Removing legacy mode is causing these players to quit.

While the newer, flashier graphics will attract new players, the newer players will play the game for 15 minutes and never touch it again.

• Hello, I've been a player since the old times of Java and I completely agree with the things suggested here previously: Legacy could have been described in two words as simplicity and brightness. There is very little to add to what veterans already said here, but here's my small contribution:

• - when we switched from Java to Legacy we didn't change the graphic and layout radically, the new graphic is completely different, darker and tiresome. I'd like if you would bring some traits of the Legacy version back
    • - in Legacy you could see your leader's photo all well and rounded, while in the new version you feel left alone with the map

By the way, I'm surprised the admin is here taking notes: that's a good thing. I hope they take our issues into account.

Amministratore della Sezione GDR

Il nostro forum si trova quì: angolodeiruolisti.forumattivo.com

Edited once, last by falco1994 ().

• it's easy to say by bytro that most players are playing the new UI, as the new players never had the choice and were forced to play the new UI. Perfect way to finally kick out the legacy mode indeed xD

Second thing, they just let the game get killed by allowing nonsense flower tactics which used to be exploits but as they couldn't fix it just allowing it as a poor tactic.

played and helped out as an admin for this game with a lot of passion for many years but last +/- last year it just went from bad to worse unfortunately.

• Never been a big fan of legacy because it killed off java version. One thing that I dislike with the current version however is that the standard map mode is set to "Show relations".

First impressions are important, especially for a strategy game. I don't believe relations map mode is the right setting to have as the default for the game. Supremacy is colorful and each country is an individual. Starting with that is in my opinion more attractive than bland green and brown of relations map mode. It is a tool to use and not what supremacy 1914 is.

• I totally agree with you!

• Salve mi chiamo Danjjj player da fine agosto 2014 nel server italiano. Mi scuso, non conosco molto bene l'inglese per poter spiegare al meglio il mio punto di vista. Ho iniziato con la legacy e fino a poche ore fa ho sempre usato la legacy... Il salto all'ultima versione è stato abbastanza drammatico. Finirò le partite in corso e poi probabilmente prenderò una lunga pausa, forse definitiva... oltre a me lasceranno altri vecchi player che conosco e con cui ho condiviso molte battaglie, il che aumenta probabilmente la mia decisione di lasciare...

Perchè preferivo la legacy?

1000 volte + intuitivo, entri e subito capisci chi sei, dove sei, chi sono e dove sono il resto dei giocatori. non si ha problemi a capire dove sono le truppe e dove si muovono (io usavo la modalità con gli "spilli", ancora + precisa).

Con la nuova versione c'è troppa confusione, le immagini delle truppe o dei mezzi occupano metà mappa rendendo di difficile comprensione dove si trovano le truppe, così come la descrizione delle armate sopra le truppe(troppo grande), se le lasci oscurano ancora di + la mappa, se le togli non si capisce + che armate siano.

Se devo scegliere tra la giocabilità della legacy e un game più reale ma poco comprensibile vi dico:

Ridateci la preistorica legacy e tenetevi il mare con le onde che non mi serve a nulla....
    vi posterò un immagine alquanto eloquente del mio pensiero..

• Forgive my english, but wouldn't it be better to keep the legacy mode for the servers open?

Leave the new mode for all matches created after this date and let us at least finish the ones we have left.

it would be fairer and give us time to adapt, I am on the 150th day of a match on a 500 map and I will not be able to finish a round that was practically won.

grateful for the attention. Att. Field Marshal BR (CEI) Tepegocbjr

• I feel everything we say is and will go into empty ears. Its clear as day. Most of the comunity does not like the new mode. If you are too proud to admit this, at least let us use legacy mode. There are multiple reasons the new mode is worse, i will list a few of them:

-The icons, huge, awfull, prevents you from getting a clear view of what is going on

-The only way to even use the new map imo, is whith the "low grapics" mode. Thats how bright and awfull the standard version is

-You cant even easily tell if a player is inactive or not, and sometimes is staright up impossible if they lost their capital

-You almost have to bring a microscope to understand if someone built factories or not

-The icons, again, so so bad.

-The new UI is also terrible, overcomplicated, i miss having the view of the actual town, much better. This is clearly a mobile AI. But most of your veteran playerbase prefers PC, keep that in mind cause we are also the ones who buy more goldmark.

- Cant use anonimity in newspaper

-Everythings feels too big or bigger then it had to be. Cough cough mobile port cough

Positives:

-Its cool to see when the next attack ticks

-The journal looks cool... i guess, and still uses the old legacy for the overall world image, which is ironic...

-The administritive view is pretty much the same, but actualy sligthly worse if you have a lot of provinces, but at least you didnt try to change it.

- I like the bar whith the resources, looks decent

-Can see the aproval ratings, not a very important mechanic, but at least can see it.

I honestly do not belive you can make the new mode better or even close to the legacy mode whithout completely making it from scratch. My sugestion? Keep the legacy mode, leave the new mode for mobile or for anyone that prefers it, and patch the ocasionaly bug in legacy. Im sure you can manage having 2 modes and not go bankrupt.

Forcing everyone to play on these mode and creating a post for us to complain just shows that you know how much we hate this mode and just refuse to accept it. This was the first and last time i will talk in this forum cause i honestly feel like it all falls in unreceptive ears. I have tried the new mode, i do not like it. And if keep getting forced to play whith it, i will leave this game as soon as my current round is over.

Cheers

• Fools. No point in complaining. Removing this outdated mode just improves the game even more, you guys just have to adapt. Legacy took too many resources for 5%. You guys should be happy Bytro is attempting to improve the game by cutting off this obsolete mode. My desktop from 2010 can handle it, yours should too.

Fools? I think you are the one trolling. If your desktop from 2010 can handle the new UI then you have never been in a 500p map, owning 1000+ provinces and more then 10.000+ units to move around. Lets see how your desktop handles that. I bet it explodes as my freshly new build desktop from 1 year back cant handle it.

And when I look at your profile you dont have any medals for 500p maps so no, you have never been in a late stage of a big map before. + your account was created in 20 november 2020 so you have never played the Legacy mode. You are not really in a position to say things that you are saying right now.

• Fools? I think you are the one trolling. If your desktop from 2010 can handle the new UI then you have never been in a 500p map, owning 1000+ provinces and more then 10.000+ units to move around. Lets see how your desktop handles that. I bet it explodes as my freshly new build desktop from 1 year back cant handle it.

And when I look at your profile you dont have any medals for 500p maps so no, you have never been in a late stage of a big map before. + your account was created in 20 november 2020 so you have never played the Legacy mode. You are not really in a position to say things that you are saying right now.

Ignore the trolls, dont answer them it makes them proud. All players that actualy care about this game know the truth.

Take care

• Fools? I think you are the one trolling. If your desktop from 2010 can handle the new UI then you have never been in a 500p map, owning 1000+ provinces and more then 10.000+ units to move around. Lets see how your desktop handles that. I bet it explodes as my freshly new build desktop from 1 year back cant handle it.

I, myself used a friend's account when playing legacy mode. My personal account is only 2 years old.

Also, don't reply to trolls, that satisfies them.

• Code
    1. In this new version, the map is now very confused and visibly polluted. Many drawings mixed and even countries, it is difficult to know who is who in the game. This shows how much money is spent on professionals who do not understand customer satisfaction, but understand how to create projects to prove useful to their bosses. They threw a treasure in the trash, as it was valuable and simple to throw. Your luck is that the new users did not know the legacy mode. Well, this new version, I didn't like it, and honestly, it lost the fun of playing Supremacy. I've been a member since 2015, and today, I'm saying goodbye to Supremacy.
    2. Did I just read a message, which will now be advertised in the middle of the game? They will donate goldmarks to the players to be watching advertisements. Is that serious? It's time to abandon Supremacy! These system developers are destroying Supremacy.
  • I, myself used a friend's account when playing legacy mode. My personal account is only 2 years old.

Also, don't reply to trolls, that satisfies them.

i would like to warn you that playing on more than two accounts is against the rules ,so is playing someone else's.

All is fair in love and war

• it would be of much help to us in reading your feedback if it was in english :) thanks

All is fair in love and war

• I have put many comments, which are not of the type, legacy or I am leaving, but it seems that if they are not in English, they are not attended.
    I play several years ago, I was GO and I was unfairly expelled in my opinion.
    Create a new account, which is in the top 100. The previous version works better, because the graphics allow a faster reading of what is happening. In my opinion the poster that indicates the composition of the armies covers things, especially if you divide the units. In the discussion about the new interface, in Spanish I have put several examples of this situation. I hope you see the comment and improve this aspect, which for me is the most difficult part of the new interface. There are also improvements and I keep playing, thanks and greetings
    (I clarify that I do not speak English and use google to translate)

(changed font size so it doesn't take up the entire screen)