[S1914] Legacy-Removal Feedback Thread

• You'll most likely all want the read the following message, as it will wrap up a significant portion of the entire threat.

Dear Veterans,

First of all we want to once again thank everyone who participated in this thread for taking the time to share their thoughts and ideas on the matter. Many of you provided us with great ideas for improvements, others pointed out areas of concern but all of you did so because you care for Supremacy 1914. So much so that you continued to discuss the benefits of Legacy and what aspects of it you were missing in the Ultimate Client for well over a month, which is nothing short of admirable.

We initially planned to work on adjustments and improvements based on legacy feedback over the course of the following months after the removal. After seeing your passionate and honest reactions on the matter however, we decided to revise our plan.
    We thrive to provide our players with the best World War 1 gaming experience possible and truly value the opinions of our players; especially those of our most loyal veteran players.

We will therefore commit the resources and time required to re-enable and keep Legacy running for now. This provides us with the necessary time to work on the adjustments to the Ultimate Client, while allowing you to continue playing Supremacy 1914 in your currently prefered way. You’ll find a button in the game settings that allows you to enable Legacy as an option again. Only players who previously had access to Legacy will see this option, though.

Please be aware that this does not mean Legacy will forever be present in Supremacy 1914 as it is quite old already and can only be kept running to a certain point. Should the point be reached that Legacy cannot be technically supported anymore or is blocking future changes, we will have to disable it once and for all. Until this point is reached however, we will do our best to keep Legacy running.

While the feedback we already received from you is a main driver for the adjustments to come, we strongly encourage veterans to regularly switch between Legacy and Ultimate to test and review these changes. As the final deactivation of Legacy is inevitable, a continuous and mutual dialogue is essential for Supremacy 1914 to be the best it possibly can be in the future.

We’re also planning a special event, exclusively available to veterans in order to determine the most cunning of strategists. Besides regular prices, a special and truly rare item will be awarded to the winner. Should you be keen to participate, we highly suggest you prepare for the occasion, as competition will be fierce.

Whether you’ll play Supremacy 1914 until the day Legacy will retire or continue your service beyond is up to you.Whatever your decision may be, we thank you for your long lasting loyalty to Supremacy 1914 and salute you as a veteran of the game.

Your Bytro Team

• I have assimilated to ReVamp, couple suggestions I have to make ReVamp better

#1 Give ReVamp the burning provinces like Legacy has > https://cdn.discordapp.com/att…7226296795146/unknown.png

#2 Tabs function differently Legacy was convenient to have separate tabs open in Legacy, which does not happen in ReVamp, always need to log in separate tab or toggle between maps > https://cdn.discordapp.com/att…7622406733854/unknown.png

#3 Have simultaneous display of battle tick in ReVamp click on opponents, to get their battle tick, then hover over your own unit to get your own clock > https://cdn.discordapp.com/att…9547576016906/unknown.png

ReVAmp adjustments are nice and I had forgotten the LAG which came with LEGACY , especially on the 500 maps since playing the ReVamp the past month... prefer the ReVamp performance in regard to ZERO LAG

Keep up good work this is a process and Bytro did great with shrinking the Huge Banners and 3D unit icons, few more tweaks and we are back to the previous Glory of S1914 IMO

index.php?eID=image&uid=11763503&mode=2

Embrace your true nature , enjoy games and have fun!

• is it possible to allow new users to use legacy for a week or weekend?

I would really like to try out legacy, at least for a few days. From reading this read, I realised that the difference between legacy and the revamp is not just about appearance. It seems that there are some differences in functions that can affect gameplay. More specifically, from what some others have written, legacy mode can confer some advantages. As an example, someone said something about a green circle ["in legacy mode there was a circle around the cities (the green one)"].

If new players like me can try out legacy for at least a short duration, then at least we can understand what we are up against when fighting players on legacy mode. For example, I will at least know that legacy player will see a mysterious green circle so I can try take that into consideration when making decisions. This can at least level the playing field to some extent..

Any sufficiently advanced tactic is indistinguishable from magic to the uninitiated.

• I would really like to try out legacy, at least for a few days. From reading this read, I realised that the difference between legacy and the revamp is not just about appearance. It seems that there are some differences in functions that can affect gameplay. More specifically, from what some others have written, legacy mode can confer some advantages. As an example, someone said something about a green circle ["in legacy mode there was a circle around the cities (the green one)"].

If new players like me can try out legacy for at least a short duration, then at least we can understand what we are up against when fighting players on legacy mode. For example, I will at least know that legacy player will see a mysterious green circle so I can try take that into consideration when making decisions. This can at least level the playing field to some extent..

Hey SC you may have gotten the idea that Legacy still exists or has the potential of returning. It does not. It apparently stayed in existence a long time past it was profitable to maintain it. Regrettably you can't have infinite backwards compatibility.

With that being said, as has been told to the people that keeping bring up legacy, if there are features it had that you heard about and interest you, they can be requested. The game has developers who continue to work on S1914 in an effort to continually improve and make it more fun for the vast majority of players. :)

• Hey SC you may have gotten the idea that Legacy still exists or has the potential of returning. It does not. It apparently stayed in existence a long time past it was profitable to maintain it. Regrettably you can't have infinite backwards compatibility.

With that being said, as has been told to the people that keeping bring up legacy, if there are features it had that you heard about and interest you, they can be requested. The game has developers who continue to work on S1914 in an effort to continually improve and make it more fun for the vast majority of players. :)

Hmm, I understand that it is going to get phrased out eventually. But I have read that it is still going to be around for "several months" ([S1914] Release Notes - 2021-06-22).

My point is that having a better understanding how legacy works will still level the playing field between new and legacy players to some extent for the next few months.

Any sufficiently advanced tactic is indistinguishable from magic to the uninitiated.

We will therefore commit the resources and time required to re-enable and keep Legacy running for now. This provides us with the necessary time to work on the adjustments to the Ultimate Client, while allowing you to continue playing Supremacy 1914 in your currently prefered way. You’ll find a button in the game settings that allows you to enable Legacy as an option again. Only players who previously had access to Legacy will see this option, though.

Slyx

You are my hero and i do not say that to often nor lightly... if ever at all..

• Thank you very much Bytro to bring Legacy back! I am quite sure I wouldn´t come back if Legacy switched off.

Hopefully we get updates which make the ne UI more cleary arranged like Legacy was. I understood thad Legacy can´t stay forever but please do your best to give the new UI a good and clear strategic layout like Legacy had in the past.

After a couple of years Supremacy 1914 and many battles with new UI and Legacy > I have to say that handling at battles Legacy is clearly better. > Economy administration is the new UI better.

Best regards

• A bit late for the discussion, but since I found the thread...

In this moment, I'm forced to use Legacy mode, unlike before the current year, when I was using the Ultimate client for all the maps (except for the 500p one, which is unplayable with that client). Now, with my current PC (which it's relatively new), Ultimate client is hopelessly unplayable in all the maps: it has lags and crashes every moment, even with the Low Graphics option. Only it's possible to play that client in the mobile APP.

If I was using Ultimate client, but now I must use Legacy because whatever change made to Ultimate that became it unplayable, that says a lot about why do the community takes any attempt against Legacy as a personal daring. This remember me the paradox of the books, which are both the most backward and the most advanced technology in the current time. Likewise, I agree with Slyx when he says Legacy client is a relic from the past, but the issue here is: Legacy is currently, at the same time, technologically superior when compared with Ultimate.

Greetings.

Demonaire
    ES. EN & PT Game Operator

Bytro Labs | Supremacy 1914

b78//+

All the things you need to play this game can be found here, here and here.

Do you want to experience new ways to enjoy Supremacy 1914? Click here and here.

Have you problems with the game? Send a ticket.