POPULARITY

• Popularity of your nation among elite AI can be looked up easily now, but little was known about what it is influenced by. Freezy has made available the following factors concerning popularity:

Actions that improve your popularity with AI:
    - being enemy with their enemies
    - being friends (high diplomatic stance) with them and their friends
    - trading with them

Actions that decrease your popularity with AI:
    - having peace or better relations with their enemies
    - having bad diplomatic relations or war with them or their friends
    - starting new wars without declaring them
    - when producing a lot of troops while already being unpopular
    - having troops in their country without right of way
    - getting your spies caught by them

The weight of these factors and how they quantifiable influence popularity is unknown, currently.

• How do we know which countries are friends with each other?

You can place information spies in those countries.

Demonaire
    ES. EN & PT Game Operator

Bytro Labs | Supremacy 1914

b78//+

All the things you need to play this game can be found here, here and here.

Do you want to experience new ways to enjoy Supremacy 1914? Click here and here.

Have you problems with the game? Send a ticket.

• - having troops in their country without right of way - are we sure about that, I never noticed any difference

Seems legit, after all, since enemy troops means morale decrease.

Demonaire

b78//+

Do you want to experience new ways to enjoy Supremacy 1914? Click here and here.

• By the way, I want to share something to you, people:

Elite AI can be SM if you have high reputation enough. Too bad that country is gonna be betrayed anytime soon. PC must learn he can't be SM with anybody. :evil:

Demonaire

b78//+

• You also get a warning in advance that you might provoke war if you do so. But something that can be easily tested no?

I think I saw somewhere a war started only by placing troops in a enemy province.

Demonaire

b78//+

• Alert is that entering AI can harm your reputation and cause a war...however from my experience war is not started unless you get within melee range of AI troops

index.php?eID=image&uid=11763503&mode=2

Embrace your true nature , enjoy games and have fun!

• No, not very helpfull, as "The weight of these factors and how they quantifiable influence popularity is unknown" !!!
    And what I see doeesn't really match with what is said.

In my actual games,I didn't make any of these "actions that decrease your popularity"

- starting new wars without declaring them
    - when producing a lot of troops while already being unpopular
    (what is "a lot" ???!!!)
    - having troops in their country without right of way
    - getting your spies caught by them

On the contrary I have been attacked by an other players without any previous warning - and even with player I had high diplomatic stance with - and my popularity is much lower than them !

I really don't understand how to manager it, but it's very stupide and boring to be always attacked by IA and being unable to get back to peace with them !!!

• Well, popularity doesn't work against human players.

And if you're talking about AI players, nobody said you don't lose popularity if you declare wars abeforehand.

Demonaire

b78//+

• and my popularity is much lower than them !

You do not know another player's popularity unless he tells you. The number it gives you when selecting a human player's profile is your own global popularity, the average you have among all the AI. It's a little misleading, but that's what it is.

Also the fact that there are no precise numbers anywhere and nobody really cares about it all that much is your hint that it's not nearly that important to gameplay. Popularity will do things here and then and over the course of a game it deteriorates, usually, anyway. I think there is reason to doubt that knowing the exact numbers would provide any gameplay benefit to you. Come to think of it it's not even such a bad thing that you don't have the exact equation for your own Excel sheets - should it really be that predictable how a random nation's leader comes to form his opinion on you?

• You do not know another player's popularity unless he tells you. The number it gives you when selecting a human player's profile is your own global popularity, the average you have among all the AI. It's a little misleading, but that's what it is.

Nope. You can see your own global popularity only when looking at your own nation. When looking at other players it's specific popularity of their nation toward yours (which may start to matter once that nation goes AI).

• Nope. You can see your own global popularity only when looking at your own nation. When looking at other players it's specific popularity of their nation toward yours (which may start to matter once that nation goes AI).

Yeah, turns out I was misled myself. Either way, it doesn't tell you the other guy's popularity, that was the main thing.

• there is an issue with the market i know that it is set to be like the real world ... but this being a game id like a bit of leeway

not to mention the control the ai an comp countries exude over the stock market they should have to make trades not just take them an inflate the market ...