[S1914] Legacy-Removal Feedback Thread

• i dont think we can make it look EXACTLY like legacy mode, but im sure bytro would listen if we provide suggestions to make it closer to it, like the low graphics mode is already a huge improvement for me :)

All of these suggestions were made when the new mode was launched and they asked for feedback. The giant 3d figures make it impossible to see exactly where your armies are. Even worse for mech units.

I just can't be as intricate with placements as I could in the old version.

Is it not true that this game is now just a skin of the other Bytro games. They can't make the changes we want as they are tied to a single game engine.

• Slyx

I played strictly on the legacy mode because of it's simplicity. Now I play on low graphics since its more close to the legacy and I don't like the flashines that much, but there are still some things i'd love to see (or not see):

• dots in the water - currently they are not visible enough in my oppinion especially on high graphics
    • a little side note - animated water looks amazing, as a game dev myself I know how hard it is to make water look that realistic
    • have the option to remove 3d models of units or remove them entirely on low graphics
    • have the armies use pointers (if needed) to mark their exact position as to not overlap with resource and town icons
    • resource icons are too flashy in my opinion - make them a bit more distinguishable, not 3D if possible
  • Ich teile absolut deine Meinung, Graflord.

Ich spiele das Spiel auch schon über 7 Jahre, ohne dem Schnick Schnack, einfach simpel, überschaubar, nicht so voll geklatscht.

Wie schon einer erwähnte: "da bekommt man Augenkrebs".

Bei der neuen Version, muss man sich quasi einen neuen Rechner kaufen oder ein aktuelles Handy, um dieses Spiel zu spielen. Was es mir absolut nicht Wert ist!

Bei Fehlermeldungen bei Bytro, habe ich sogar mal eine Antwort erhalten, dass mein Rechner / Laptop und meine Internetverbindung, nicht die angemessene Leistung erbringe.

Ich solle, da mal aufrüsten..... tztzt. Im ernst?

Was mich bei der neuen Version übelst stört, ist eigentlich alles.

Bei dem Tap: Rohstoffbörse: ist die Auflistung so klein, wenn man nicht aufpasst, GM aus dem Fenster schmeißt!!

Man hätte Legacy Modus einfach weiterlaufen lassen sollen!

Wir haben uns in den meisten Fällen der Fehlermeldung/Bugs etc, selber geholfen.

Die Tipps die man von Bytro bekommen hat, waren nicht hilfreich oder man hatte die ganzen Tipps schon vorher gemacht, die nix gebracht haben.

Und die Aussage: Die meisten spielen die neue Version ist Nonsens!

Die hatten nicht die Wahl, zwischen Legacy und der neue Version!

Wie kann man so eine Aussage tätigen, frage ich mich?

Nicht übel nehmen Bytro!

Ist meine Meinung und ich stehe dazu!

• The removal of legacy mode made me sick to my stomach. I loved this game, i have been playing since 2014 (or even earlier, i had to made a second account). The new game mode makes me blind, i can no longer see what i am doing. I do not understand where my guys are and where they are going to. I have read all the posts in this forum, so i will not repeat what my fellow generals have already covered. I will just add a simple thing: how can i report a player or a message? There used to be a simple button for this, now it is gone (it has been gone for a while now, not from yesterday). I think that this button has to be brought back.

Sadly enough this will be my last maps of Supremacy 1914. I have fought many battles, i am currently in the top 1000 players. I am a big fan of the 100 player maps, the 500 player maps take a bit to much of my concentration, but the 100 maps are perfect for me. Right now i am fighting on my own against an entire coalition of 4 players and i am beating them without GM. Or i was beating them? Hard to tell with the new visuals....

And i am happy that you have told me why you have left me, my beloved Supremacy 1914, oh i am so happy that you have told me why you have forsaken me. Money! Of course it is money. You can now see adds on your mobile phone! Hooray, sponsors! And these sponsors want that your game is as shit as all the other mobile games! But it has to look good. And yeay, the new game mode is shit to play and it looks good! Hooray, money. Losing all the quality players that love spending hours on this game in the process? That does not matter of course, we have money now and a lot of new players who play this game for a week on their mobile phone! And they watch adds! Fantastic!

Now i am forced to quit this game, this does make me a very sad person. This game has helped me through rough times, and it has certainly helped me through corona. But the removal of Supremacies legacy mode also brings me some joy, i will have more free time. I have lost a hobby now, but i will find a new one, or maybe i will even finally do some of the work that i have to do :)

Anyway, take care fellow generals, maybe i will come back in a few years (if i have the time) to enjoy the game again. If they make their promised improvements. Or should i say downgrades? Because the legacy mode was soooo bad, lol. But right now it is over and out for me.

PS: why is the the damn chat box open when i log into my games? It should be closed! I dont want to talk to other players :) I want to play the damn game... Now it is blocking like 1/4th of the screen. And i have to close it each time that i log in.

And PPS: No other general has posted this yet if i recall correctly: Rebellion! It is nearly impossible to see if your cities are revolting or not?

And even a PPPS: update the artillery animation. I cant see if they are firing or not? The legacy mode provided accurate info on the amount of shells shot.

• All of these suggestions were made when the new mode was launched and they asked for feedback. The giant 3d figures make it impossible to see exactly where your armies are. Even worse for mech units.

I just can't be as intricate with placements as I could in the old version.

Is it not true that this game is now just a skin of the other Bytro games. They can't make the changes we want as they are tied to a single game engine.

Im not sure what they think they are doing with new game - gone way off track for me#

• Code
    1. Well, I wanted to comment on problems with the new (current interface) after having eliminated the legacy, it is impossible to play, it slows down the browser, the scroll is horrible since it goes to jumps (I have reduced graphics) it is difficult to select different at the same time Units, in addition to the scroll during the selection and orders given to the units, the game stops and then jumps in the game, it is a shame but after 10 years playing I am considering leaving the game since instead of improving the gameplay has worsened of this one, better graphics but worse game mode, it annoys me because I have invested a lot of GM in the games (I am playing 8 simultaneously) and it is impossible to control them all, since each order that I try to give takes me minutes due to the slowdown of the browser, I do not see the change well and I daoy for fact lost the used GMs and the ones I have, but it has become impossible to play in an active way, and already in a mobile way, the games of 100 and 500 better or opting of the possibility of e play.
  • i dont think we can make it look EXACTLY like legacy mode, but im sure bytro would listen if we provide suggestions to make it closer to it, like the low graphics mode is already a huge improvement for me :)

Why they just cant make option that let you use old unit models like 2D models of units instead of 3D and low graphic mode doesnt change anything

• 3 good things about revamp:

1. all good players will quit so it would be much easier to win maps solo

2. everyone has the same problems so the first to make sense of revamp will have advantage

3. It is so broken there is at least 2 * more bugs than in legacy so time for inventing new exploits has finaly come

interesting thing here: you choose 1 plane in syberia and instead get ships in the middle of atlantic. This could open exploits to use portals like in witcher.

Revamp Portals

• Good evening.

Player since 2016, I agree with all those who prefer the legacy mode.

Most important problems I encountered:

1- lag: between entering the commands (movement and attack) and the actual action there is a very high lag.

it could be a pc problem, so I also checked in low graphics, nothing changes.

2- graphics: too many unnecessary frills, too many graphic improvements that are not needed for the purposes of the strategic game (water, beautiful, but does not add anything to the game experience).

on the other hand, the 3D units are too large and prevent a clear and immediate view of what is happening, as well as seeming scattered randomly on the map.

much better the 2d visualization of the legacy or the point system

3- the choice of colors .. dark, flat, make it difficult to discern the borders of the provinces and especially between states (and this is especially true with high graphic details, in low graphics it improves a little)

4- labels: in legacy mode, at any zoom level it was immediately clear what you were looking at and what was happening.

here the labels at different zoom levels show different information, however not always correct (it has already been reported by others).

This coupled with the size of the 3D units creates confusion and kills gameplay.

if you don't want to admit that you have wasted a lot of time and money creating 3d models of the units, which are only harmful in the game, at least make sure that in low graphics can be used the same 2d models of the legacy mode, without labels, with the red and green aura that enemies and allies had in the legacy.

simplicity and immediacy are not a defect.

I do not dwell on the movements at sea and the problems in the market because everyone has already written about it.

• regarding your 2nd point, the new ui has been coming for a long time now and it should have given every player the time to have adjusted, when i heard the news that legacy will be gone, i was as sad as you, but i gave the new ui a shot, i played a couple of maps, promising myself not to touch legacy mode, if i did not like it i will quit. soon enough i adapted and when i look at legacy mode now, i cant understand how i used to play . yes, it has its own bugs and nuances, but it was never too much that it made me want to not play.

one of my most serious concerns, which were the concern of alot of others too, was the irritating water animation, bytro listened and they released the low graphics mode which eliminated alot of the clunk and animations. which fixed a lot of problems for me.

i hope everyone gives the new ui a chance first before deciding to quit. i did and i'm pretty happy.

if you are still unsatisfied, please tell us how we can improve

All is fair in love and war

• Without the legacy mode, the game is unplayable, I don't see any improvements in the new mode worth the problems it has. Abandon the new version, and bring back the legacy version, try again on improvements. I'll have to abandon this game without the legacy mode.

• Without the legacy mode, the game is unplayable, I don't see any improvements in the new mode worth the problems it has. Abandon the new version, and bring back the legacy version, try again on improvements. I'll have to abandon this game without the legacy mode.

do you have any suggestions that would make the new ui playable for you?

All is fair in love and war

• Hi, jep, geht mir so ähnlich. Ich finde an der neuen Version auch gar nichts besser. Das einzigst, was ich gut daran finde ist an der Seite der Informationsbutton, der einen informiert, das etwas fertig gestellt wurde ect. Damit man schnell weiter bauen kann ohne Zeitverlust. Und eventuell bei der handyapp die kleinen weißen Punkte um den Standpunkt von Armeen. Aber sonst finde ich nichts besser.